SFNL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest what is the break even cost that a club needs to raise before factoring in match payments?

20k doesn’t seem like it would be a lot.
2500 for each home game to cover umpires, new footy x 2 each game $250. And $20k adds up very quickly.

Dovey should fold or be banned from the league, Winning Div 2 and then dropping to 4 is a joke... They shouldn't be allowed to play for points below div 2 as punishment for being soft about going to Div 1!!!!

Dovey should fold or be banned from the league, Winning Div 2 and then dropping to 4 is a joke... They shouldn't be allowed to play for points below div 2 as punishment for being soft about going to Div 1!!!!
So you want to make a whole lot of innocent people suffer because of the disgusting management of a couple of people who had nothing to do with it they are going to struggle to field 2 sides so that’s bad enough haven’t we seen enough clubs fold over the years it’s not about being soft they will get absolutely flogged in div 1 and I think it would be a embarrassment for the league to have that if they stay in div one they will fold it’s not that there being soft it’s the only option they have fold or lower division as the person who caused most of this situation has left as did most of the players so it’s been left to past players and people from a few years ago and a few new ones to come in and try and fix the disgraceful mess the club has been left in

I
So you want to make a whole lot of innocent people suffer because of the disgusting management of a couple of people who had nothing to do with it they are going to struggle to field 2 sides so that’s bad enough haven’t we seen enough clubs fold over the years it’s not about being soft they will get absolutely flogged in div 1 and I think it would be a embarrassment for the league to have that if they stay in div one they will fold it’s not that there being soft it’s the only option they have fold or lower division as the person who caused most of this situation has left as did most of the players so it’s been left to past players and people from a few years ago and a few new ones to come in and try and fix the disgraceful mess the club has been left in
its a slap in the face to the struggling clubs in the are dandy lyndale sandown that struggle to get players but still manage to get 2 sides on the park every week I bet all these past players and people were up and about the last few years now it’s poor us left to pick up pieces recruit mercinarys on overs you made you bed lie in it

Hear that 2 clubs wanted to leave them in Div 1, all others agreed to see what they (Eagles) can do.
Coach (Richard H ) to continue the train with the few that are still there.
No players too be paid.
Oakleigh up to Div 1 and Heatherton to Div 2. 9Well done to both those clubs, champion effort.)

this narrative of Doveton's woes being the fault of one person is ridiculous. I saw a previous post which claimed he kept assuring the other executive committee members that he had it under control. now this may be the case, however if it is true and neither the Treasurer or Secretary stepped in to address the situation then they are just as much to blame for being completely negligent in their roles. so give it a rest, this is not the fault of one person. it is the fault of others as well. and when I say others I mean the league also. they've played a huge part by letting Doveton and other clubs (apparently) accrue debts year after year. we've been hearing rumours about Doveton's finances since at least last season (2018) yet the league has let it get to this point.

was talking to a mate on the weekend who said that clubs in the DDCA can't play finals if they owe the league money. Surely this is the best solution and easiest fix to get clubs to prioritise where the funds are allocated. if it is true that many clubs owe the league money then that is the league's fault as much as the clubs. s**t, if a bank said to me "here's $20k, go do what you want with it and pay us back when you can" i'd head straight down to Dandy Belle's with me old mate Toothless for one hell of a day. this is essentially what clubs are doing if they aren't repaying their debts......

There have been teams like East Brighton and Clayton who've some weeks struggled to field 2 teams over the div 1/2 years and they've stayed up. How will it be fair to the clubs in the lower divisions when they can all of a sudden field 2 sides and are more than competitive? The top 2s teams in Div 2 would give most senior teams in div 4 a run for their money, so to suggest they would struggle with a makeshift team is laughable.

Have Money to pay blokes like Battle 1k a week but not the league ahah unreal isn't it!

There have been teams like East Brighton and Clayton who've some weeks struggled to field 2 teams over the div 1/2 years and they've stayed up. How will it be fair to the clubs in the lower divisions when they can all of a sudden field 2 sides and are more than competitive? The top 2s teams in Div 2 would give most senior teams in div 4 a run for their money, so to suggest they would struggle with a makeshift team is laughable.

Have Money to pay blokes like Battle 1k a week but not the league ahah unreal isn't it!

Is Battle staying there?

Just about had enough of all the Dovey s**t. Let them in and they’ll get beaten by 100 week after week. Will allow better teams to rest players.
Let’s move onto the year ahead.
Predictions??
Premiers?
Runners up?
Spoon?
Bnf?
Goal kicker?
Premiers- Clayton
Runners up? Endevour
Spoon? South Mornington
Bnf? Dan Chin
Goal kicker? stephen richards-gill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

its a slap in the face to the struggling clubs in the are dandy lyndale sandown that struggle to get players but still manage to get 2 sides on the park every week I bet all these past players and people were up and about the last few years now it’s poor us left to pick up pieces recruit mercinarys on overs you made you bed lie in it
Yes some were and some not there but know one new what was going on because one person was controlling all the financial things and not telling the truth about many things and yes a agree it is a slap in the face to them but don’t mention dandenong in that situation as the league has been helping them out for years financially in the end it’s all because to many people let one person control everything and this is what happened

this narrative of Doveton's woes being the fault of one person is ridiculous. I saw a previous post which claimed he kept assuring the other executive committee members that he had it under control. now this may be the case, however if it is true and neither the Treasurer or Secretary stepped in to address the situation then they are just as much to blame for being completely negligent in their roles. so give it a rest, this is not the fault of one person. it is the fault of others as well. and when I say others I mean the league also. they've played a huge part by letting Doveton and other clubs (apparently) accrue debts year after year. we've been hearing rumours about Doveton's finances since at least last season (2018) yet the league has let it get to this point.

was talking to a mate on the weekend who said that clubs in the DDCA can't play finals if they owe the league money. Surely this is the best solution and easiest fix to get clubs to prioritise where the funds are allocated. if it is true that many clubs owe the league money then that is the league's fault as much as the clubs. s**t, if a bank said to me "here's $20k, go do what you want with it and pay us back when you can" i'd head straight down to Dandy Belle's with me old mate Toothless for one hell of a day. this is essentially what clubs are doing if they aren't repaying their debts......

Agree with you there

if a bank said to me "here's $20k, go do what you want with it and pay us back when you can" i'd head straight down to Dandy Belle's with me old mate Toothless for one hell of a day. this is essentially what clubs are doing if they aren't repaying their debts......

Day ?? … One hell of a month :D

Out of interest what is the break even cost that a club needs to raise before factoring in match payments?

20k doesn’t seem like it would be a lot.
2500 for each home game to cover umpires, new footy x 2 each game $250. And $20k adds up very quickly.

For Div 3 - League Fees are around $40k per season, slightly less for Div 4, maybe the $36k mark and obviously more the higher

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The league said that clubs were paid up at the start of the year and also said that all clubs had to be paid up to play finals. If the league was being honest with that, you would guess that the club was paid up with the league to play in July and didn't pay anymore once finals started.

The eagles had three senior teams playing last year. The seniors have all left now the money is gone, why have all the rest left? Ressies and thirds don't play for cash so hopefully the club gets a few of those guys to come back.

Last edited:
Yes some were and some not there but know one new what was going on because one person was controlling all the financial things and not telling the truth about many things and yes a agree it is a slap in the face to them but don’t mention dandenong in that situation as the league has been helping them out for years financially in the end it’s all because to many people let one person control everything and this is what happened
May I add that those 3 clubs did very similar things that’s why they are struggling now lyndale were are very strong club in the late 90s and early 2000 years and played in a div2 grand final but got in to debt and have struggled mostly since dandenong were paying players good money while the league were helping them out and had good numbers 3 sides but got into to much debt to and sandown had 4 sides and were paying players overs aswell and now there got one side so don’t give me that poor them line all of them have done very similar things over the years and unfortunately Doveton are headed in the same direction as those clubs

what kind of numbers have committed to the Eagles Buzz ? As was posted they had 3 sides , now struggling for one must of lost around 50 players

May I add that those 3 clubs did very similar things that’s why they are struggling now lyndale were are very strong club in the late 90s and early 2000 years and played in a div2 grand final but got in to debt and have struggled mostly since dandenong were paying players good money while the league were helping them out and had good numbers 3 sides but got into to much debt to and sandown had 4 sides and were paying players overs aswell and now there got one side so don’t give me that poor them line all of them have done very similar things over the years and unfortunately Doveton are headed in the same direction as those clubs
None of them won a division 2 flag then asked to go back to div 4 or 3 #hollowflag

Released today: http://sfnl.com.au/sfnl-official-statement-doveton-eagles/

"After receiving a formal request from the Doveton FNC to be repositioned into Division 3 for the 2020 season, the SFNL Board after consideration of all information available, the Club’s current circumstance and after meeting with the member clubs have determined the following outcome for the Doveton FNC due to breaches of proper governance and reporting;

- Season 2020 – Doveton FNC to be placed in Division Three (3) starting the 2020 season on minus (-) 16 premiership points under By-law 13.1.5 (iii)
- Season 2021 – Doveton FNC to play in no Division higher than Division Three (3) regardless of their season performance, starting the 2021 season on minus (-) 8 premiership points under By-law 13.1.5 (iv) if still in Division 3
- Season 2022 – Doveton FNC to play in no Division higher than Division Three starting the 2022 season on zero (0) premiership points under By-law 13.1.5 (iv)
- The League to receive Monthly financial reports from the Doveton FNC throughout the 2020 & 2021 calendar years.

Due to this repositioning, Oakleigh Districts FNC will remain in Division 1 for season 2020 and Heatherton FNC will remain in Division 2 for season 2020.

A revised fixture for Division 1, 2 and 3 will be released shortly with Oakleigh Districts replacing Doveton in the Division 1 Fixture, Heatherton replacing Oakleigh Districts in the Division 2 fixture and Doveton replacing Heatherton in the Division 3 fixture.

The Board and Executive now considers this matter closed and will ensure the above sanctions are fully adhered to by the Doveton FNC."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back