SFNL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour has it dovey had enough players for two sides but rested senior players for south Yarra because they think it’s a winnable game
Doveton led all day till the last minute sth yarra kicked a goal and it was a draw!! Doveton kicked 11.1 they will never kick that straight again. Both sides had a crack shocking skills but great endeavour!

Getting close to finals now, how do we see the rest of the season panning out? Top 4? Flag faves?
Clays and BR look strong, #FATNARRE and Ashwood could challenge, E Hills still clinging on.
Good effort by Dovey but South Yarra should've won that.

Getting close to finals now, how do we see the rest of the season panning out? Top 4? Flag faves?
Clays and BR look strong, #FATNARRE and Ashwood could challenge, E Hills still clinging on.
Good effort by Dovey but South Yarra should've won that.
You would think the top 4 is almost set but will be a massive month for #FATNARRE playing all the top 4 sides in the next month could shape how they run into the finals and see how they stack up against the teams above them

Will there be any announcement regarding lowering qualification of players for finals? I know there’s a lot of clubs who’ve had injuries and needed a number of players to play most games to qualify

What is the thought now about the season being compromised with all these breaks ? It just feels like too many teams have missed opportunities to gain ground with the breaks we've had. Halving the points or no points at all has cost the likes of E/Hills to leap frog back into the top four (missed games against Narre Sth and Black Rock) in games I reckon they would of backed themselves to win. If we lose this week which seems likely, the teams that played each other round 1 will not play against each other again for the whole year and they should of played each other 3 times this season. I know some will say any season is better than no season. Just feels compromised now.

What is the thought now about the season being compromised with all these breaks ? It just feels like too many teams have missed opportunities to gain ground with the breaks we've had. Halving the points or no points at all has cost the likes of E/Hills to leap frog back into the top four (missed games against Narre Sth and Black Rock) in games I reckon they would of backed themselves to win. If we lose this week which seems likely, the teams that played each other round 1 will not play against each other again for the whole year and they should of played each other 3 times this season. I know some will say any season is better than no season. Just feels compromised now.
The only fair thing you could do is call the season off to many teams have missed playing each other or you set the ladder back to when everyone played each other once. That’s your ladder for finals

definently compromised now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the SFNL Facebook page:

SFNL Update 27/07/21

The Victorian State Government made announcements around the lifting of restrictions earlier today.
It was positive news for community sport, which can return to both training and playing under the following criteria:
Community sport:

- Open for all ages, training and competition
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- Spectators not allowed

This will be reviewed in two weeks by the Government.

Please note:
- All original fixtured matches for W/E July 31 & August 7 remain in place for Football and Netball.

You would think with the season continuing that endeavour need to beat Clayton to be any chance of making finals. Narre beat sth Yarra this week then have 2 tough games to finish the year but may not need to win either and still make it??

SFNL have done it again. Doveton treat the league like a joke and as as part of their punishment they get finals. Plenty of teams are much more deserving, and needy, yet the league sees fit to give them this gift. Maybe they can go down to D4 next year, spend all the money they make from finals on players that will leave as soon as the money dries up and win the flag. I would hate to be a struggling club in D4 or D3, this sucks.

This weeks tips:
Narre south 100+ -rumours sth Yarra to stack their twos in order to try and make finals
Black rock 24
Endeavour - 100+
clayton 100+

This weeks tips:
Narre south 100+ -rumours sth Yarra to stack their twos in order to try and make finals
Black rock 24
Endeavour - 100+
clayton 100+

RE South Yarra, would be pretty amazing if true considering their 2's had to forfeit a few weeks ago against Endeavour. Trying to protect their % maybe?

SFNL have done it again. Doveton treat the league like a joke and as as part of their punishment they get finals. Plenty of teams are much more deserving, and needy, yet the league sees fit to give them this gift. Maybe they can go down to D4 next year, spend all the money they make from finals on players that will leave as soon as the money dries up and win the flag. I would hate to be a struggling club in D4 or D3, this sucks.
Name me a quicker way for he league to make money… doveton owe them shitloads so they get some money and hand it straight on to sfnl… give it to another club and they don’t get anything

Heard from a mate tonight that ashwood were very happy with their work at half time today. Can anyone confirm this?

Heard from a mate tonight that ashwood were very happy with their work at half time today. Can anyone confirm this?

Hmm game of 2 halves. Both teams wouldn’t be overly satisfied with how they’re tracking. BR smashed first half then went berserk third qtr. weird game.

Are you serious you have no idea the president who caused all the financial issues is gone hardly any of the players are there and several past committe members come back to get the club back on there feet it’s basically a new club they did a great job in getting one side this year let alone 2 plus having to start 8 points minus for the year and have also paid of all money owed to the league and further more it’s a great playing service has a fence so they can collect revenue you can also park cars all around the ground Im sure all the teams playing finals wouldn’t be complaining about it better than playing at heatherton like previous years the rewards are not huge they get the canteen and bar no gate and these people who will be running it are all volunteers giving up there weekends to be there when there side isn’t even playing and after missing a year of football then losing games because of lockdown lots of clubs are doing it tuff as are many people I’d be happy we hopefully get to play finals at all with what has gone on this year the last thing I’d be sooking about is we’re there being played

Are you serious? You have no idea.
The president who caused all the financial issues is gone, hardly any of the players are there & several past committee members have come back, to get the club back on their feet.
Its basically a new club & they did a great job in getting one side this year let alone 2. Plus having to start 8 points minus for the year and they have also paid of all money owed to the league. Furthermore, it’s a great playing surface & has a fence so they can collect revenue & you can also park cars all around the ground.
I'm sure all the teams playing finals wouldn’t be complaining about it, its better than playing at Heatherton. Like previous years, the rewards are not huge, they get the canteen and bar but no gate. These people who will be running it are all volunteers, giving up there weekends to be there, when their side isn’t even playing. After missing a year of football, then losing games because of lockdown, lots of clubs are doing it tough, as are many people. I’d be happy if we hopefully get to play finals at all. With what has gone on this year, the last thing I’d be sooking about is we’re they're being played

I had to fix it. That was a tough read

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back