SFNL Division 3 2021

spindles11

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Few big games this week with endeavour hills and ashwood and black rock vs Clayton. Can see Doveton upsetting south Yarra too

Oct 30, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Big win by Clayton on the weekend - are they the sleeping giant?

Like most teams go through, they have a few of injuries to key players at the moment. They are hoping once those players come back into the side they will be stronger. Def a big win for them and the Division, BR can be beaten!

DisqoStu

Draftee
Apr 30, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Like most teams go through, they have a few of injuries to key players at the moment. They are hoping once those players come back into the side they will be stronger. Def a big win for them and the Division, BR can be beaten!

Gameplan can be broken down if disciplined enough.
Donohue goalless more of a surprise than the result.

Roy_Boy_1981

Debutant
Aug 18, 2010
AFL Club
GWS

Do we know if they have anyone of genuine note out though ? or is it just them making excuses for their poor start ?

Melways13

Senior List
Mar 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do we know if they have anyone of genuine note out though ? or is it just them making excuses for their poor start ?
Most sides have key players out. Clayton have at least 2 of their best 5 players missing, BR have 6 of their top 10 missing, Ashwood have 3 of their best 22 missing, EH most likely have a few missing.
Wins will mainly depend on the health of clubs lists as the top 4 sides are all very close in talent.

Truthteller86

Debutant
Oct 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most sides have key players out. Clayton have at least 2 of their best 5 players missing, BR have 6 of their top 10 missing, Ashwood have 3 of their best 22 missing, EH most likely have a few missing.
Wins will mainly depend on the health of clubs lists as the top 4 sides are all very close in talent.
So we don’t include #FATNARRE in the top 4 conversation even if they are currently in the top 4? Missing arguably their best player in Daniel chin, captain and another 4-5 of their top 15?

Roy_Boy_1981

Debutant
Aug 18, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
EH lost to an A’wood side on the weekend that had 2 juniors playing and the league bnf out. Put a line through EH.

Black Rock line through them then too with that theory ? Clayton had 2 x juniors in their side as well on Saturday and a runner up B&F in the league out (Morrison) I've been informed.

Blended

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is the tightest Div 3 comp in years - I don't think we can write off anyone in the top 5 and I think South Yarra will take a few scalps along the way...

On the injury front, is it worse than previous years? Blokes seem to be dropping left and right according to here and social media

spindles11

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is the tightest Div 3 comp in years - I don't think we can write off anyone in the top 5 and I think South Yarra will take a few scalps along the way...

On the injury front, is it worse than previous years? Blokes seem to be dropping left and right according to here and social media

Literally every team has 3-4 of their best 22 out. Will be interesting to see who can be the healthiest come finals time. I saw Gilmour did his hamstring on Saturday. A big loss for the clays

Grassroots Guru

Senior List
Mar 29, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's definitely much worse than any other year. Soft tissue injuries in particular have gone through the roof and I think having 12 months off has definitely contributed to it.
Depth in 2021 will play a big part in who succeeds in the H&A season across all leagues and perhaps even finals if players can't get back on the park.

Tiggies1990

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So we don’t include #FATNARRE in the top 4 conversation even if they are currently in the top 4? Missing arguably their best player in Daniel chin, captain and another 4-5 of their top 15?
He never said that he wasn’t including them in the top four, he named 4 sides and some injuries and then said the top 4 sides etc etc

Tiggies1990

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Literally every team has 3-4 of their best 22 out. Will be interesting to see who can be the healthiest come finals time. I saw Gilmour did his hamstring on Saturday. A big loss for the clays
He’ll play this week, every bone in his body is broken and every muscle is strained
Tape it up and he will keep going
And kick 3

Billy Elliott

Debutant
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wouldn’t say any club has had a good run with injuries this season. The year off has done some serious damage in terms of soft tissues and the like.
Narre have about 10 missing from their senior team at the moment apparently, including their captain, reigning BnF, and their forward line has been a different 6 basically every game.

Clayton not doing much better from what I hear so this week seems like Narre’s big test to see if they can really match it with the top dogs. Most people seem to think EH aren’t a true contender, although they will be thereabouts. You’d think with full teams, the top 4 would be BR, Clays, Narre, Ashwood

Big buzz

Orange boy
Apr 22, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's definitely much worse than any other year. Soft tissue injuries in particular have gone through the roof and I think having 12 months off has definitely contributed to it.
Depth in 2021 will play a big part in who succeeds in the H&A season across all leagues and perhaps even finals if players can't get back on the park.
Yes m8 I’m involved at a div2 club and iv never seen anything like this season regarding injuries mostly hammys and calf we have had 13 or more out every week and think the problem is we all went about it as a normal season when it’s not and all done a normal preseason most of the guys that are having these injurie problems at our club are the ones that’s done most of the preseason

yingyang23

Senior List
Nov 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Can confirm that half of #FATNARRE senior team was playing 2s at the start of the year. Decimated is an understatement. Noticed Gilmour didn't play today.
Black rock came from the clouds to pip endeavour and south morno and Dovey actually kicked a few goals for a change. South Yarra got fairly close to Ashwood. Heard South Yarra had a lot of injuries earlier in the year and they're all starting to come back.

Back