SFNL Division 4 2018

Who will win the 2018 SFNL Division 4 Premiership?

• Carrum Patterson Lakes

• Cerberus

• Dandenong

• Frankston Dolphins

• Lyndale

• Lyndhurst

• Moorabbin

• Sandown Cobras

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hearing dandy had an emergency meeting last thursday been getting 6 blokes to training

Good post.

The Doves will bounce back pretty quickly once they land in a league where they can compete. Strong club. They’ve been hit by Hampton park this offseason which hasn’t helped.
St Johns seem pretty stable and my club, the Eagles are growing this year so it’s not all doom and gloom.

I agree there is a huge issue in that area from sandown through to dandy and Doveton.It’s been ignored by The afl for years and Footy is no longer the most popular sport.

I know some conversations have been had between some of the clubs re the future but it’s a very difficult thing to do.

I’d like to see the league help shape the future in that area but I don’t think they really understand the Footy landscape in those suburbs at the moment

im hearing dandy had an emergency meeting last thursday been getting 6 blokes to training

The Redlegs are in real trouble. I believe they are looking at all options, but it may be a case of having to reconsolidate with a stand alone team in the thirds.
Doveton FC will struggle this year, but will be okay in fielding two senior sides and an under 19s. The breakaway of the SEFNL comp is bound to happen, and I see a switch over to the SFL as only being beneficial to ensure their long term survival.
Doveton Eagles are going from strength to strength, hopefully they can establish themselves as a genuine Div 2 Club.
St John's are travelling okay, but will not be fielding an Under 19s team. It is a continual battle for them trying to survive in the VAFA.

Senior Clubs being formed in recent years in Hallam and Endeavour Hills have only compounded the geographic issue.

The Redlegs are in real trouble. I believe they are looking at all options, but it may be a case of having to reconsolidate with a stand alone team in the thirds.
Doveton FC will struggle this year, but will be okay in fielding two senior sides and an under 19s. The breakaway of the SEFNL comp is bound to happen, and I see a switch over to the SFL as only being beneficial to ensure their long term survival.
Doveton Eagles are going from strength to strength, hopefully they can establish themselves as a genuine Div 2 Club.
St John's are travelling okay, but will not be fielding an Under 19s team. It is a continual battle for them trying to survive in the VAFA.

Senior Clubs being formed in recent years in Hallam and Endeavour Hills have only compounded the geographic issue.
If what you say about Dandenong is correct, I hope that they field their team in Div 4 rather than go to the Thirds, for the sake of the competition.

For a Club like mine, if they went to the thirds, that would mean 3 byes as well as three games against Cerberus where we only play one game. From a Club revenue front, it's not helpful and makes it harder to get in the funds required to keep fielding teams. As the draw stands (if Dandenong had two teams in), we'd get 2 home games against Cerberus and one against Dandenong for a total of 4 games of revenue. If they field only one team, we'd get 3 games and lose 25% of revenue. If they go to Thirds, we lose 50%! It's a no brainer for all concerned.

Even Dandenong win as they'd have 9 home games where they'd have the opposition clubs Reserve team draining their bar!

If what you say about Dandenong is correct, I hope that they field their team in Div 4 rather than go to the Thirds, for the sake of the competition.

I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves here - a lot of sides have poor numbers in Feb, especially in the lower divisions (of any league). I very much hope Dandenong gets two sides up.

If Dandenong was to pull out of Div 4, it would be a total mess - it would be a division with a 7-team senior comp and a 6-team reserves comp with 2 byes each round (assuming it is confirmed that Cerberus won't be fielding 2s). Dandenong staying in but fielding only a senior side wouldn't be quite so bad - 8 teams in the seniors, 6 in the 2s - but it is still a problem with sides having large (and unbalanced) numbers of byes.

One possibility would be for Dandenong to effectively play as Cerberus' 2s. It sounds weird, but they would not have to merge or even play at the same ground. When Cerberus / Dandenong play away, Dandenong could play in the 2s timeslot and Cerberus as the seniors. When Cerberus / Dandenong play home, the away side would send their 2s to Dandenong and their seniors to Cerberus. It would be a pain in the ar$e all round - the other sides would need more officials, trainers and equipment, etc. - but it might be worth thinking about. It'd save drawing up a new fixture at the last minute, too.

Stress less dudes.
The same chat has gone on the last few seasons and Dandenong aways have two sides.
Wheres the chat about Sandown and other clubs at...

Stress less dudes.
The same chat has gone on the last few seasons and Dandenong aways have two sides.
Wheres the chat about Sandown and other clubs at...

I hope they get two sides up as it's better for the competition in general with more games taking place.

As for Sandown, i'll get on the front foot. Worst night on the track was 12 and best so far has been 33. 55 different heads have trained since November 13.

I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves here - a lot of sides have poor numbers in Feb, especially in the lower divisions (of any league). I very much hope Dandenong gets two sides up.

If Dandenong was to pull out of Div 4, it would be a total mess - it would be a division with a 7-team senior comp and a 6-team reserves comp with 2 byes each round (assuming it is confirmed that Cerberus won't be fielding 2s). Dandenong staying in but fielding only a senior side wouldn't be quite so bad - 8 teams in the seniors, 6 in the 2s - but it is still a problem with sides having large (and unbalanced) numbers of byes.

One possibility would be for Dandenong to effectively play as Cerberus' 2s. It sounds weird, but they would not have to merge or even play at the same ground. When Cerberus / Dandenong play away, Dandenong could play in the 2s timeslot and Cerberus as the seniors. When Cerberus / Dandenong play home, the away side would send their 2s to Dandenong and their seniors to Cerberus. It would be a pain in the ar$e all round - the other sides would need more officials, trainers and equipment, etc. - but it might be worth thinking about. It'd save drawing up a new fixture at the last minute, too.

If they choose to play as Cerberus 2s the best option would be to alternate between grounds rather than play at seperate venues. It’s not ideal but the best option.

If dandy dropped back to thirds you could just drop Cerberus back as well and play a 6 team fixture. Not great but workable for one year until new sides come onboard in 2019

If dandy dropped back to thirds you could just drop Cerberus back as well and play a 6 team fixture. Not great but workable for one year until new sides come onboard in 2019
Would they contemplate dropping 2 teams down from div 3 so that div 3 and div 4 both 8 teams in that case???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from all accounts you probably wish you had that many on the track rocky

40 on the track every night, ball never touches the ground just like every club in the comp says.
Our average turnout is slightly down on last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back