SFNL Division 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me who’s the new player signed at Lyndhurst on good $$$$ that is an Ex St.Kilda City premiership player and is bringing a few of his mates?

All about him he won the medel for best player in Division 2 around 2003/04 time and his old man is a trainer all know of him his name is Glenn krane I think

St Kilda City was in div 2 in 2005.
League medal that year was Chris Phelan

Tell me who’s the new player signed at Lyndhurst on good $$$$ that is an Ex St.Kilda City premiership player and is bringing a few of his mates?
It sounds like you guys are talking about glen kreep for sure he’s nearly 40 or over had a bad neck injury as playing coach of lyndale and never was the same and has put on lots of weight because of a lot of personal problems and is a bit of a loner he would be lucky to be fit enough to play any football at all with all his issues let alone seniors even div4 so if that’s one of there big recruits they are in trouble

It sounds like you guys are talking about glen kreep for sure he’s nearly 40 or over had a bad neck injury as playing coach of lyndale and never was the same and has put on lots of weight because of a lot of personal problems and is a bit of a loner he would be lucky to be fit enough to play any football at all with all his issues let alone seniors even div4 so if that’s one of there big recruits they are in trouble

surely div 4 clubs don't pay money out ? stinky comp down there

Long time browser- first time poster

Seems to be quite a few signings around the division. Frankston and Dandenong picked up a few, Has Hallam added many?

Same here.. first time poster. I can’t see any big signings on Hallam’s page except the current list that have signed for season 2022.

you would think with a number of new coaches in the division next year there should be a fair few new players coming in

First time poster also. Should be a more even year with CPL going up. Also what do we think on fixturing? They should shorten the season by two games and everyone plays each other twice.

It would make sense to play each other twice but based on previous league decisions it won't happen.
Should be a much more even league next year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should definitely happen otherwise it’s a compromised season. Who knows whether Covid will see the comp miss games too. Who do we think are the contenders next season?

Could say Lyndhurst, Ceberus, Frankston and 4th spot is anyone’s to be taken..
That’s what I think..

I agree with those should be strong. Lyndhurst have been up there last few years, Cerberus always a smokey with their fly ins and Frankston seemed to have recruited well with a new coach. South Morno looking good too I’m hearing they’ve recruited a fair few ex-mornington players. Interested to see the recruiting once transfers open.

I agree with those should be strong. Lyndhurst have been up there last few years, Cerberus always a smokey with their fly ins and Frankston seemed to have recruited well with a new coach. South Morno looking good too I’m hearing they’ve recruited a fair few ex-mornington players. Interested to see the recruiting once transfers open.
Ahh yeah.. South Mornington or Hallam could fight for 4th Spot and yeah same here..interested to see the transfers

Lyndhurst's new coach is in trouble. Doing circle work only at training. Only got a hand full of blokes that are willing to buy in... pay peanuts get monkeys and they've found a pure monkey.. never coached men's before and was a disaster when he coached women's at Ormond... going to be a long summer and a potentially disaster year

Lyndhurst's new coach is in trouble. Doing circle work only at training. Only got a hand full of blokes that are willing to buy in... pay peanuts get monkeys and they've found a pure monkey.. never coached men's before and was a disaster when he coached women's at Ormond... going to be a long summer and a potentially disaster year
Funnily enough I think circle work was the one drill that improved my football more than any drill. I was an under 18 and seeing a senior teammate getting the ball so often while I wasn’t getting much of it at all helped me realise what traits you needed at the next level. Don’t think ive seen the drill done in about a decade.

Interesting…would of thought being a finals contender plenty of blokes would of been willing to buy in! Hard enough to get guys running before Christmas and if the trainings s**t makes it even tougher.

Pre season has only just started you clown. It's div 4 not the AFL, give the club a chance to get back into the groove of things. Don't think they only do circle work for the full 90 minutes either...

What’s wrong with circle work? I think it’s one of those drills where it’s about getting touches and making decisions. Personally, I wouldn’t mind doing circle work because It helps with skills.

Circle work is easy for a new coach. Without knowing the players, it shows the coach who is willing to work hard, push through, use their voice, find the football etc...
And it's very easy to find who isnt
Easy to point the finger but if you cant do the easiest of drills without whinging, then the problem ain't the coach. Not even 5 sessions in before Christmas and someone within the club posts that s**t, really poor form

Heard they got some good players coming across. If they add a little bit more class and depth then may be the team to beat

Women's footy, 10 times harder than men's. Specially offeild

gee 5 replies. The lightening boys have jumped in to defend the club here. I do agree 'circle work' is outdated. but it is an easy drill to get the footys moving.

What were numbers like around the clubs at training last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back