News Shai Bolton Contract Talks on Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

As it should be for a 2nd year small that isnt physically or mentally ready for AFL football , He has a massive upside and talent but so did players like Garlett,Taylor,Connors etc

Its the mental development and discipline thats required that will determine if you make it or not

Looking like kid has tickets on himself
Plenty of time for Bolton...but...his last two games in the seniors have only confirmed what i/we have suspected...a young player not physically/mentally ready for the game of footy with the big boys! Needs plenty of development yet!

Id gladly send him WA for a first rounder. Hes gunna be a flashy highlight reel and go missing when we need him. We want 2 way footballers. Not highlight reels
Nuthin wrong with this Highlight reel.
PotableRectangularAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Wasn't Shai a bottom ager when we picked him in the '16 draft? We should be comparing him with the most recent draft crop if that's the case. Plenty of time will be given to him given his enormous potential. Once he builds up more of a tank and can impact more contests we will have a beauty. Chill
Best post I’ve read on here , so take this as a double like.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact he is young, has enormous potential and will get better with time, it's just that putting off contract talks until the end of the year leaves a bitter taste considering he has done sweet F%#$ all to this point in time. Carr surely knows he is playing with fire because this could end pretty badly for Bolton.

Carr has form that his clients generally stick wit the incumbent club. Why would this be any different
I look at the Dusty scenario he had already proven himself and deserved the contract he got because he is hot property. Shai on the other hand is a young kid still finding his way in the AFL system, if the club keeps getting pushed into a corner re the contact and gets shopped around by Carr then I hope I'm wrong but the club may think is it worth it considering we have an abundance of small forwards and may use him as trade bait in the super draft.

If he plays less than 10games this year , his value would be r3 at best . My guess is he s holding off to see if he can firm a spot in the senior side

3rd rounder at best? No way in the world.

Draft picks are overrated.

He's has a couple of years of development, elite speed and pretty good skills.

If he played for a bottom half team he'd play every game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back