Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s with all the bulldog supporters and trade targets this year?....-bolten, Martin, hill , Langdon... like a housewife with limitless credit card they want everyone!
You can not be serious? you can't be that clueless to understand the club has not come out saying they want any clubs player whilst well into the season, you do also understand that the media write about what players certain clubs players might be targets from other clubs. you get this right?

Yep.
That’s why they low balled the s**t out of him last year on minimal contract for a year, once you d signed all your other preferrred players .
Doing everything to keep him indeed.

On a young gun salary because he hadn't had a breakout year yet.

Will certainly get rewarded this year.

If we low balled him so much why didn't he walk to Freo? Probably because you're a rabble.

On a young gun salary because he hadn't had a breakout year yet.

Will certainly get rewarded this year.

If we low balled him so much why didn't he walk to Freo? Probably because you're a rabble.
Yep starting to realise his potential.
Good for the young lad.

Unfortunately Richmond, in trying to be too clever and low balling him to 1 year deal , will have to pay way overs for him now as plenty other clubs come sniffing with much better deals.
Had the the chance to lock him away for3 years on average coin but seems neil balmes too smart for his own good.

Considering the ridiculous amount of money Martin , lynch and co the tigers will either over pay leading to losing other players they probably want to keep or watch bolten walk for unders because he’s out of contract.

Good for the young lad.

Unfortunately Richmond, in trying to be too clever and low balling him to 1 year deal , will have to pay way overs for him now as plenty other clubs come sniffing with much better deals.
Had the the chance to lock him away for3 years on average coin but seems neil balmes too smart for his own good.

Considering the ridiculous amount of money Martin , lynch and co the tigers will either over pay leading to losing other players they probably want to keep or watch bolten walk for unders because he’s out of contract.
No idea.

Good for the young lad.

Freo supporters still talking about him. Remember this time last year they were all over him as well, along with Bobby Hill. At least the latter, Belly can blame his head recruiter for.

Freo supporters still talking about him. Remember this time last year they were all over him as well, along with Bobby Hill. At least the latter, Belly can blame his head recruiter for.
Whether the supporters are all over Bolton or Hill is irrelevant. We don't select players. We don't know who is going to be the better player out of Hill or Sturt. It's too soon to tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether the supporters are all over Bolton or Hill is irrelevant. We don't select players. We don't know who is going to be the better player out of Hill or Sturt. It's too soon to tell.
It’s a shame as many seem to have a better eye for talent than those in charge at the club. Shai and Bobby were both excellent today.

It’s a shame as many seem to have a better eye for talent than those in charge at the club. Shai and Bobby were both excellent today.
Freo have a tendency to wait until a player has proven they are a very good players before they take them i.e Shai hadn't done much since the under 18's. We can be risk adverse at times. I would have taken a chance on him simply by what he had done in the championship. Especially at the price.
We probably have a Hill type covered in our Academy players. Most knew he was a very good player.

Well give the kid a decent contract.

Or he will walk.

Blues, Dogs or Freo will.

Players dont walk out of punt road unless we are happy to let them leave like Conca & Ellis this year will probably be gone via FA, Last player that richmond wanted to keep that left was Brad Ottens which was 15 years ago and the club was a rabble.
Good for the young lad.

Really must be the worst post i have read in this thread NFI

Hows that 3rd rounder going freo fans ? Might have to add either Cerra or your 1st rounder to that to get a sniff

What do you think of Freo's efforts last year then?

You could have had him for cheap...A little over what we offered and a few years on the deal, and a trade of (maybe) a 4th rounder would probably have had it done if Richmond's offer was so horrible.

What are YOU going to have to pay to get him now? (salary and trade)
You not only have to beat a beefed up Richmond offer, but the 'plenty other clubs' who will be sniffing around too.

Freo have a tendency to wait until a player has proven they are a very good players before they take them i.e Shai hadn't done much since the under 18's. We can be risk adverse at times. I would have taken a chance on him simply by what he had done in the championship. Especially at the price.
We probably have a Hill type covered in our Academy players. Most knew he was a very good player.
They should have been watching the VFL, he lit it up in the second half of last year (Mark of the Year, Goal of the Year), not to mention shredding the previous year's grand final until he ran out of legs, not to mention him tearing the Swans a new one for a half as an 18-year-old, on top of the great footy he played for WA, Souths, and his best-afield in the u/18 All Stars game. The evidence has been there to see for anyone who knows what they're looking at, which it sounds like you do. I've been a massive fan since I first saw him at the 2016 champs. I knew he was special immediately.

Anyway, I'm not hanging Freo. He didn't want to leave, that's why he didn't. We didn't want him to go, that's why he's still here. Any other manager, I'd expect a deal in the next few weeks, but Carr likes to play chicken so it might wait until after the season. Very confident he'll stay though. As mentioned above, our crew of 'brothers' are very tight, and they're all coming along beautifully.

They should have been watching the VFL, he lit it up in the second half of last year, not to mention shredding the previous year's grand final until he ran out of legs, not to mention him tearing the Swans a new one for a half as an 18-year-old, on top of the great footy he played for WA, Souths, and his best-afield in the u/18 All Stars game. The evidence has been there to see for anyone who knows what they're looking at, which it sounds like you do. I've been a massive fan since I first saw him at the 2016 champs. I knew he was special from the first game I saw him.

Anyway, I'm not hanging Freo. He didn't want to leave, that's why he didn't. We didn't want him to go, that's why he's still here. Any other manager, I'd expect a deal in the next few weeks, but Carr likes to play chicken so it might wait until after the season. Very confident he'll stay though. As mentioned above, our crew of 'brothers' are very tight, and they're all coming along beautifully.
Unfortunately, they would have seen all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back