Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Logue could be anything. I’d kind of rather Shai Bolton though...
The problem is nobody want to take a step back . Everybody want to be the winner side of trade . WA club fan rated Shai at late second and Richmond fan rate him late first round or early second .All is Logue question are just a trick .

He was clearly talking about Logue, not Bolton

Unless ol Griff’s skin complexion has turned very dark then I’m not finding any racist anything in that post.

In fact if he was African, there’d still be nothing racist about it. He merely compared two footballers drafted on their athletic traits as opposed to their footballing traits.

Whats Griffin Logue worth as a trade
To be Brutally honest, right now he is worth pick 35-40 if he is uncontracted.

If Logue was Victorian, not injured and playing decent footy right now until the end of the season. Then anything between pick 20-30. He isn't elite at any position. But at 193cm and 90-95kg, he could play in various positions on the ground. Can play at CHB as he did ok vs Nick Riewoldt last year. Can play on a back flank or a back pocket as a 3rd tall. Can play as an inside mid. He can also play as a 3rd tall on a Forward flank like david mundy.

Main reason freo chose him at pick 8 was because of his size and his versatility.

I see him as a solid 200-250 gamer simply because of his versatility as well.

He wont go anywhere.
Hopefully gets a month of football in the AFL with Butler being injured and grabs his chance with both hands.

Have liked him in the midfield playing in VFL.
Looks like a poor mans Rankine which is still something. Hopefully the club can convince him that with a bit more fitness hes a required player and senior game time isnt too far away.

To be Brutally honest, right now he is worth pick 35-40 if he is uncontracted.

If Logue was Victorian, not injured and playing decent footy right now until the end of the season. Then anything between pick 20-30. He isn't elite at any position. But at 193cm and 90-95kg, he could play in various positions on the ground. Can play at CHB as he did ok vs Nick Riewoldt last year. Can play on a back flank or a back pocket as a 3rd tall. Can play as an inside mid. He can also play as a 3rd tall on a Forward flank like david mundy.

Main reason freo chose him at pick 8 was because of his size and his versatility.

I see him as a solid 200-250 gamer simply because of his versatility as well.

Main reason was because he was from WA.

There seems to be a lot of people flocking to this thread for such an incredibly average footballer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be a lot of people flocking to this thread for such an incredibly average footballer...

Well obviously people are going to flock towards potential players of need.

Richmond are now a strong club and as such the fringe players may get picked off, although Shai isn’t even fringe at this stage, he’s below that.

Let’s look at the Joel Hamling trade from Bulldogs to Freo. He had shown glimpses at AFL level and was arguably the best backman in the 2016 finals and played most of his career at VFL because of those ahead of him at AFL, all he needed was an opportunity.

That trade:

Freo OUT: 35, 43, 61
Freo IN: Hamling, 40, 63

Essentially his value was a late second rounder pick(which got pushed back after academy and FS bids).

Compare the pair.

Let’s look at the Joel Hamling trade from Bulldogs to Freo. He had shown glimpses at AFL level and was arguably the best backman in the 2016 finals and played most of his career at VFL because of those ahead of him at AFL, all he needed was an opportunity.

That trade:

Freo OUT: 35, 43, 61
Freo IN: Hamling, 40, 63

Essentially his value was a late second rounder pick(which got pushed back after academy and FS bids).

Compare the pair.

Yeah yeah but there was a bloke who is 53 years old and watches lots of footy and thinks Shai is a gun. Plus didn’t you see his highlights in the VFL?

I mean some bloke who was a star defender in Dogs Grand Final year versus some kid who could be anything and has shown glimpses at VFL.

How are we not solely talking about a first rounder.

Well obviously people are going to flock towards potential players of need.

Richmond are now a strong club and as such the fringe players may get picked off, although Shai isn’t even fringe at this stage, he’s below that.
Just seems like a lot of clubs are interested, yet all I’m reading in here is how average he is and that he isn’t worth much. Perhaps he has more value than what people think given the long list of clubs aiming for his signature.

Just seems like a lot of clubs are interested, yet all I’m reading in here is how average he is and that he isn’t worth much. Perhaps he has more value than what people think given the long list of clubs aiming for his signature.

I don’t think many are saying he’s average. I’m certainly not. I’m just saying he isn’t worth what some are claiming.

I mean Brad Hill who was 23 years old. Won 3 flags and demonstrated he can play on the big stage went for a 2nd rounder.

How can one even remotely justify a pick inside 25 for Shai? Other than ‘he gonna be good’ vibes. You just can’t. You hope he stays with the club that selected him and proves it.

If he leaves he is going for diddly. Yes a bit of interest will be good, but usually the player selects a club and then you solely deal with that club.

If the Richmond supporters think Shai is ~15-20 I’d hate to try and pry the likes of Castagna or Butler away.

Teams are only interested because he will be cheap based on the vast majority of players with his level of AFL performance.

Guarantee if anyone (other than Tigers fans) thought he'd actually cost pick 15-20 the thread would be bare. A speculative but talented player for pick 40+ is appealing for any team.

If the price is 15-25 like Tigers fans seem to think I think most recruiters would rather back themselves to find it in the draft. Especially this draft.

Brad Hill cost Freo pick 23.

Comparable players, brad had done alot more but had circumstances that hawks were happy to take unders for.

Late 2nd would be the starting point.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don’t think many are saying he’s average. I’m certainly not. I’m just saying he isn’t worth what some are claiming.

I mean Brad Hill who was 23 years old. Won 3 flags and demonstrated he can play on the big stage went for a 2nd rounder.

How can one even remotely justify a pick inside 25 for Shai? Other than ‘he gonna be good’ vibes. You just can’t. You hope he stays with the club that selected him and proves it.

If he leaves he is going for diddly. Yes a bit of interest will be good, but usually the player selects a club and then you solely deal with that club.

If the Richmond supporters think Shai is ~15-20 I’d hate to try and pry the likes of Castagna or Butler away.
I don’t see how he has lost value. If anything he’s heading the other direction. He has shown promising signs at AFL level, not to mention what he’s doing regularly in the VFL. He’s a freakish talent and would be considered one of the most naturally gifted players at our club. He’s also not a player that you would expect to come on straight away given that he’s so lightly framed, is competing with a plethora of other small forwards (who are further developed) and was the youngest kid taken in his draft class. He will still be 19 after having been in the system for two seasons. People need some perspective when they use the fact that he’s not starting at arguably the best team in the competition against him.

And for what it’s worth, I would rather trade Butler or Castagna than trade Bolton. Bolton has more raw talent than both of them and is more likely to end up playing midfield. I have watched a lot of VFL throughout my lifetime and Bolton has amazing potential. He does it all. The worry is his attitude. I really hope we don’t trade him though, even for a pick in the 20s because we will be kicking ourselves when we see him flourish at another club.

He has shown promising signs at AFL level, not to mention what he’s doing regularly in the VFL.
Signs are great but pretty much every player ever drafted shows signs and lots of AFL listed players dominate the VFL/WAFL/SANFL. Most of them are worth nothing.

His PERFORMANCE at AFL level is underwhelming to say the least. Is it 4 goals in 8 games playing as a small forward?

I am not disagreeing that Richmond are much better off keeping him but if he wants to go, he is worth SFA. It is the nature of the beast. Don't get angry at all the other supporters as every club has talented players take off for **** all. It is just how the market works.

I don’t see how he has lost value. If anything he’s heading the other direction. He has shown promising signs at AFL level, not to mention what he’s doing regularly in the VFL. He’s a freakish talent and would be considered one of the most naturally gifted players at our club. He’s also not a player that you would expect to come on straight away given that he’s so lightly framed, is competing with a plethora of other small forwards (who are further developed) and was the youngest kid taken in his draft class. He will still be 19 after having been in the system for two seasons. People need some perspective when they use the fact that he’s not starting at arguably the best team in the competition against him.

And for what it’s worth, I would rather trade Butler or Castagna than trade Bolton. Bolton has more raw talent than both of them and is more likely to end up playing midfield. I have watched a lot of VFL throughout my lifetime and Bolton has amazing potential. He does it all. The worry is his attitude. I really hope we don’t trade him though, even for a pick in the 20s because we will be kicking ourselves when we see him flourish at another club.

The talent is what saw him picked at 29. Has his talent led him to regular AFL games? No. Therefore his value can’t increase. I mean I’m not certain but I’d be surprised to find any player traded for higher than what they were picked because of ‘potential’ yet this potential sees them play in the seconds.

Castgna is a rookie pick 21 year old playing ahead of him. No idea on Butler, but he’s ahead of him.

In a team that relies on small forward pressure he’s on the outskirts. I could get it if he played in a team with one or 2 small forwards but how is he not getting the opportunity? Simple. The other 3-4 players in the team are viewed ahead of him.

Lastly, you mentioned his attitude? Why is that a worry? Why would that not be a worry for any club trading for him?

You want pick 15-20?

Anyway, I’m sure he extend with Tigers. It’s usually how it goes.

Signs are great but pretty much every player ever drafted shows signs and lots of AFL listed players dominate the VFL/WAFL/SANFL. Most of them are worth nothing.

His PERFORMANCE at AFL level is underwhelming to say the least. Is it 4 goals in 8 games playing as a small forward?

I am not disagreeing that Richmond are much better off keeping him but if he wants to go, he is worth SFA. It is the nature of the beast. Don't get angry at all the other supporters as every club has talented players take off for **** all. It is just how the market works.
Kersten , Matera,Aron .Black are great example .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back