Confirmed Shai Bolton [re-signed]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
AFL Club
Carlton
Always been a fan of this kid. Suppose it has been hard to break into a Richmond team brimming with similar type players. Could be an ideal replacement for Shane Edwards in the future.

Hardwick needs to keep playing him in the seniors for rest of the season, or he will probably look for better opportunities elsewhere

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Shai Bolton is a freakish talent. Can jump on guy's heads, pick pockets, bend like a rubber man, has blistering speed and kicks goals (misses too many at this stage but we'll sort that out). He was BOG for a half against Sydney last year before he ran out of petrol. At 18, he made a fool of dual AA small defender Nick Smith. Three weeks younger and he would have been in the 2017 draft. I repeat, the kid is a freak. Star, if he wants it, and works for it. Matchwinner. Gamebreaker.

That's what I know. I'm not getting into any of the ******** posturing the rest of you are filling this thread with.
Repeat. Told yas.

A whole bunch of posturing.

I am not getting into posturing.

Is he as good as Balta?
Hard to split them after both tore your mob a new arsehole yesterday.

I tell you one thing for sure, I wouldn't trade either of them for Cerra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fnerd

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Problem here is tiges put all their eggs in the Tom lynch basket
The kid will look for more opportunity and more money at the club he’s always supported and his dad played for .
The tiges just can’t off this.

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Sensational game against fremantle and should get the rising star nomination this week
What did you think of his game yesterday Cobbler ?
Not the 1st time I have been wrong. He played well in richmonds forward structure

Still, I couldn't decide only because he only played a few Richmond games in 2017 and 2018. Now that he is on good form and under contract, he is worth something.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
******** You Troll
Not the 1st time I have been wrong. He played well in richmonds forward structure

Still, I couldn't decide only because he only played a few Richmond games in 2017 and 2018. Now that he is on good form and under contract, he is worth something.
He came to the club i 2016 draft as the youngest player to be drafted being a mid December birthdate
Was 64kgs at that time and had no tank at all

He is now close to 77kgs and probably grown to 177cm so roughly the same size as Walters , Still needs another 18 months imo to get to a level where he has a big enough tank to play at Walters level of consistency but he has just turned 20 years of age so massive upside

Definitely a player we dont want to lose

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The kid will look for more opportunity and more money at the club he’s always supported and his dad played for .
Ralph Carr spoke to Freo at the end of last year. Asked them to simply best Richmond’s meagre one year offer on a base wage. Bell showed no interest. Looks like he missed one there.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
******** You Troll
Ralph Carr spoke to Freo at the end of last year. Asked them to simply best Richmond’s meagre one year offer on a base wage. Bell showed no interest. Looks like he missed one there.
Ralph Carr should just go away and let Shai do his own contracts

Bolton was offered a 2 year deal but put talks on hold then eventually accepted a 1 year deal

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Ah yes because Ralph “honest” Carr would never tell a lie when it comes to negotiating
Richmond offered Shai a 2 year deal at the start of 2018 and he declined it.
Ralph went fishing at the end of 2018 after Richmond offered a meagre one year contract. All Bell had to do was offer a slightly better contract and he was theirs. He showed no interest.

Shame for them. I always thought he would suit playing on the hard dry WA ground. Turns out he does.

captain cotch 9

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Jets
Do you want some pepper with your salt?

fnerd

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ralph went fishing at the end of 2018 after Richmond offered a meagre one year contract.
So shai will take offence at freo “supposedly “ not bettering Richmond’s MEAGRE offer but somehow not Richmond themselves, who just happened to be the club he actually played for and was meant to be looking after him??
Yeah seems legit

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
So shai will take offence at freo “supposedly “ not bettering Richmond’s MEAGRE offer but somehow not Richmond themselves, who just happened to be the club he actually played for and was meant to be looking after him??
Yeah seems legit
We offered him a better two-year deal, Ralph held out for more, we told him we were running out of money, and by the time he signed that's all we had left in the kitty. Not Richmond's fault - Ralph's. We'll make room for him this year and he'll sign for two years, take it to the bank.

telsor

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Habs

Even if this were true...

What would Freo offer up as trade? You'd need to drop down the ladder a fair bit before your first became acceptable.

Top Bottom