Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

He has the cocky, I'm better than you vibe about him. But all the great players do.

Early on he was prone to doing the showy things, because he could. But he was in and out of the team as a result. After that he worked incredibly hard on his fitness and largely subjugated the freaky stuff for the betterment of the team. He's an absolute credit to himself for getting where he is today. Ralph is on record from a few weeks ago as saying he loves Richmond and will stay, but if they turn around and try to hold the club to ransom I think we'll be negotiating with the highest bidder.

I agree with your opening post . But as usual Essendon Nuffies put up dumb comments about 6 game players being better . When challenged they’ll blame the umpires ...it’s always the e umpires ... they’ll call for an explanation as the mental giant Robbo puts it ... FFS.

Shai easily the best . Proof is in the pudding . No contest . Any other view is just wrong . And stupid .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How..dare..you !

I find your remarks extremely insulting and I ask that you publicly apologise and acknowledge the gifted god given glorious talent of a once in a generation player in Nik Cox.

It's been a pretty quick rise. Apart form a few big games mid season he was just a cog in the Richmond machine in 2019. Then last year he was dropped early on before breaking out as a midfield/forward. Certainly should've made 22u22 but he kind of burst out from nowhere.

Dropped = re-tooled. Edwards had made himself unavailable and Bolton was trialled as a replacement in the reserves. Cotchin & Prestia went down that same weekend and he was rushed straight onto the ball.

Bolton's a star but I don't see him in the best player in the game category. But we'll see maybe he'll get there.
I don't think he has the size and strength for it personally.
There's a reason why the best player in the game is pretty much always your bigger midfielders who rack them up with maybe the odd key forward.

That said he's still young and he's taken his game to the next level in a big way this year and is likely to get his first AA.

Early on he was prone to doing the showy things, because he could. But he was in and out of the team as a result. After that he worked incredibly hard on his fitness and largely subjugated the freaky stuff for the betterment of the team. He's an absolute credit to himself for getting where he is today. Ralph is on record from a few weeks ago as saying he loves Richmond and will stay, but if they turn around and try to hold the club to ransom I think we'll be negotiating with the highest bidder.

If I was a rival club, would be crazy not offer him 1mill a year X 5. But think he enjoys being around his brothers at the Tigers.Based on what Ralph has said he will be willing to stay for 200k less compared to the open market.

Last edited:
Bolton's a star but I don't see him in the best player in the game category. But we'll see maybe he'll get there.
I don't think he has the size and strength for it personally.
There's a reason why the best player in the game is pretty much always your bigger midfielders who rack them up with maybe the odd key forward.

That said he's still young and he's taken his game to the next level in a big way this year and is likely to get his first AA.

That is his one question mark. But his actually quite strong in the contest and will only get stronger after a few more pre seasons. What he lacks in height he makes it up with his crazy athleticism.

Pretty keen to hang on to him. Hail Mary offers will come from everywhere though, particular WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they’re way inland now. The only thing resembling the sea at Docker land now is the water slide next door at the community centre

Yeah but Bon's at the waterfront.

bon-scott-v2.jpg

TNT
Oi!
Oi!
Oi!

His manager Ralph Carr is Dusty’s manager, and the same philosophy will apply when it comes to long term marketing and publicity dollars being a Richmond player trumping the up front short term cash from a rival club.

His manager Ralph Carr is Dusty’s manager, and the same philosophy will apply when it comes to long term marketing and publicity dollars being a Richmond player trumping the up front short term cash from a rival club.

According to that knob on fox footy , tigers are after Mitchell from hawks

ya can’t have it all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back