Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

He's so light. I fear he will start to crumble if he doesn't pack on some weight.
Kade Simpson forged out a brilliant career but Bolton's even skinnier than he was.

I agree with your opening post . But as usual Essendon Nuffies put up dumb comments about 6 game players being better . When challenged they’ll blame the umpires ...it’s always the e umpires ... they’ll call for an explanation as the mental giant Robbo puts it ... FFS.

Shai easily the best . Proof is in the pudding . No contest . Any other view is just wrong . And stupid .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you been on your own board after a loss? No one cries about the umpires better than Richmond fans,

Have you been on your own board after a loss? No one cries about the umpires better than Richmond fans,
That's because we can actually back it up statistically. No team has had a worst run in the last 4-5 years. Someone on our board did an analysis and our first 10 games this year had the worst free kick differential in something like 50+ years. It's all objective, not subjective.

That's because we can actually back it up statistically. No team has had a worst run in the last 4-5 years. Someone on our board did an analysis and our first 10 games this year had the worst free kick differential in something like 50+ years. It's all objective, not subjective.

Nothing to do with your undisciplined style of play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Still think too many so called footy experts and fans look at how many possessions a player gets as compared to the damage one does with each possession. Bolton impact per possession is off the charts.
I was listening to peter Sumich interviewing Jayden Short after the Dreamtime game banging on about how many possessions he and the other defenders got that game and is it a focus of theirs. You could tell short was thinking “what is he talking about” as he explained that Richmond over the last few years are a relatively low possession team and it’s not a focus of theirs.
Sumich also said at half time we should send edwards to parish to run with him not realising that Richmond hasn’t tagged a player probably since graham went to Sloane in the 17 gf.
Can’t believe sumich was actually thought of as a possible senior coach, comes across as a general footy nuffy.

At 22 yrs of age, Shai has everything to take the mantle as the best player in the game in the next 2-3 yrs.

He has a combination of pace, power, agility, inside/outside game and that knack of not getting tackled when he looks gone i.e. Ablett/Judd. He has an ability to burst out of stoppage, rarely goes to ground and has the best side step in the game.

As good as Petracca and The Bont are I think he will go past them in the next few years. Obviously, with Dusty nearing 30 I am expecting his performance to decline over the next 2-3years.
He's tracking upward and certainly has the potential to be an elite player for many years. I'm not sure where he will sit in the rankings necessarily as it's so subjective, but there's no doubt he's got something special about him.

Early on he was prone to doing the showy things, because he could. But he was in and out of the team as a result. After that he worked incredibly hard on his fitness and largely subjugated the freaky stuff for the betterment of the team. He's an absolute credit to himself for getting where he is today. Ralph is on record from a few weeks ago as saying he loves Richmond and will stay, but if they turn around and try to hold the club to ransom I think we'll be negotiating with the highest bidder.
I think now the club and Ralph are on the same page. Ralph now understands that staying for less with a club like ours will reap benefits outside of football for years to come just like with Dusty. Won’t be going anywhere.

And yet other teams that have copied our gamestyle in the last few years (Collingwood, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port, even your mob Essendon) don't see anywhere near the negative differentials that we do.
... copying your game style?
What?

Lol what a ridiculous post. He's 22 Oliver is 23 and the gap between them is enormous. Look what Bont had achieved by age 22 compared to Bolton.
Will be a high impact player but a long way from the best in the game.
Exactly. Before he was 22 Bont had won a premiership and a best and fairest in the same year, two AAs, another BnF, 5x22under22 selection and 3x as captain. Oliver’s accomplishments are similar. Shai Bolton has been really good this year but I could make countless players over the last 5-10 years who have been better at 22 than he is. Wouldn’t be top 35 in the game right now.

You commit more undisciplined acts, you pay the price. You know the deal.

it’s so underwhelming that statue

you stand there and he looks like a skinny hobbit
All of ACDC were diminutive, possibly one of the bass players wasn't.

According to a quick web search:
Bon 1.73
Angus 1.57
Malcom 1.6
Rudd 1.68.
And all extremely lean.

There is a funny youtube upload out there of a fan being brushed off by an older Rudd, and the fan calling out "you effen midget!"

Actually the worst since umpiring stats were created.

last 2 games we've done well, it feels very strange

People talk about lightness of weight with young indigenous players like they’ve never seen a 23 year old playing before.

I saw Bolton up close on Saturday from the fence in the Tiger end warm up and during play when he was near my side of the ground.

He’s no whippet. Looks strong in the legs and lean up top.

Micheal Long was more skinny at the same age and he never had a problem because no one could catch him.

Bolton is at a prime age where maximum flexibility and strength allows him to dodge and weave like a hare, jump like a kangaroo and he can run like a greyhound all day without getting tired.

You only have to watch Tiwi Island footage of players up north to see what a real light weight indigenous looks like.
most of those guys are lucky to be over 70 kg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back