Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

He has the best balance and foot work I’ve seen. Maybe Peter Matera comes close. McLeod almost ...
Shai’s side step and evasiveness is just out of this world.... and it’s gettting better... and he is he is just working out what he can and can’t do. A bit like when Superman was discovering his powers.😂

... on pure Talent alone he is the best I’ve seen at Tigerland. But It’s all potential at the moment ... but he is fast catching that potential.
The ball is in his court ... 10 years of dedication and hard work and he’ll be the best Tiger of all time.

Wouldn't bet that A he fulfills the massive wraps you have placed on him and B will finish his career at Richmond.

Think he is gettable from rival club's if the price is right.

Seems like a light switch has been flicked on and people suddenly see Bolton. Twelve months ago he wasn’t good enough for 22u22.

A cynic might suggest the media is out to cause trouble yet again by appealing to Bolton’s ego. If I could cause everyone in footy media to be unemployed by snapping my fingers, then halve the number of jobs available, I’d do it.
He's miles ahead of where he was 12 months ago physically. Props as he turned his biggest weaknesses to strengths

Lol what a ridiculous post. He's 22 Oliver is 23 and the gap between them is enormous. Look what Bont had achieved by age 22 compared to Bolton.
Will be a high impact player but a long way from the best in the game.

2 premierships is a good start as a 22 year old.

Of all the players compared to Cyril Rioli on this board over the years, I feel Bolton is the only one who may end up having a comparable career.

They're certainly not exactly the same - Rioli was far better defensively but Bolton is shaping to do more through the middle, etc.

Otherwise though, there are similarities in that both are very agile and athletically gifted, both are very damaging per possession, both can take a speccy and kick a miraculous goal, both are elite in traffic, etc.

Rioli ended up with 4 flags, 2 AA's and a Norm Smith by his retirement at 27.

I think Bolton could end up with a similar CV.

Rioli was never considered the best player in the comp but was perhaps the best in his role. I think the same is likely to be true for Bolton.
Totally Agree with this and its exactly what me and my mates have been saying.
They both have the same type of excitement around the ball

Bruce would agree both 'SPECIAL'

He has the best balance and foot work I’ve seen. Maybe Peter Matera comes close. McLeod almost ...
Shai’s side step and evasiveness is just out of this world.... and it’s gettting better... and he is he is just working out what he can and can’t do. A bit like when Superman was discovering his powers.😂

... on pure Talent alone he is the best I’ve seen at Tigerland. But It’s all potential at the moment ... but he is fast catching that potential.
The ball is in his court ... 10 years of dedication and hard work and he’ll be the best Tiger of all time.

That is a huge call! He can end up in the conversation with St Francis, Hart, Hungry, Dyer, Stewart, and Dusty. That would be an amazing career. Right now he is verging toward being a genuine A grade star. If he can continue to step it up in is development he will likely win a Brownlow or similar. I would be stoked with that

Yeah, not a chance. Bolton doesn’t have the inside game of the other two, his kicking is only slightly above average and his tackling is limited because of his size. Of course his speed is ridiculous and agility cannot be questioned, but he will be limited as a player if these things don’t improve. Right now he’s a gun, but the only reason he’s being spoken about in this light is because of how flashy his play is.

Gerard and Robbo are clueless suggesting he’s the best 22 year old the game has seen. There are countless that were better at 22 than Shai.

Do you still reckon he wouldn't be taken in the top 20 of the 2016 draft ?

Bolton is blockbuster

Can do anything on the football field and is only getting better

Only 1 of 5 players in the league that averages a goal a game and more than 20 possessions

Probably Richmond's 2nd best player right now, and the gap is closing...fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“You slow it down and realise the mechanics of his movement is quite amazing. At times he looks off balance but can still keep his feet and change direction, settle and then kick a goal. It’s like his arms and legs don’t belong to his body.”

Gerard and Robbo are clueless suggesting he’s the best 22 year old the game has seen. There are countless that were better at 22 than Shai.
Buddy hasn’t even retired yet. And there’s probably a couple players before Buddy that had similar performances. Plus shai is a number of rungs below the player buddy was at 22.

The hype around Shai at the minute is a little crazy. Very good player who can do some freakish things. Still got some work to do defensively. Plus when I’ve watched him he likes to sit outside the contest.

Still to be able to manoeuvre the way he does is just mind blowing.

Freak of a player but absolute knob - I guess you can't have everything.
Do you know him personally? I bet not because I've met him and spoken to him and he is a genuinely nice guy. Don't confuse swagger with being a dick, especially when you back up your swagger with actions worthy of it!

He’s no Nik Cox.

Being serious for one minute, it will be intriguing to see how Cox develops over the next few years. He looks fantastic and his height and reach give him a clear advantage when coupled with his running. Also seems to have a football brain as opposed to pure athlete.

His height will be interesting in the sense whether it holds him back as his body matures (niggles, flexibility...little stuff like that).

Hope not. He looks great. Bombers have got a good one.

I know it's also off thread but no way known did I think Parish would develop the way he has. Gun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back