Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh.

He's a very young (bottom age) kid with talent to burn, but a fair way to go towards realising it yet. What he lacks is fairly typical (consistency mostly). He's been in the system for one season, lets see what the second season does for him before a call is made.

He might be looking to 'go home', but I suspect his concern is more along the lines of being a fair way back in the queue at Richmond as a small forward, so if he leaves, I suspect it'd be more for opportunity to play than going home. (the whole go home thing seems to just be the knee jerk reaction of WA fans to any WA player who might leave his club).

If he does start getting regular games, then I dare say he'll stay and whoever he replaces in the team will be looking for a new club anyway, so Richmond will probably be trading out a small forward at the end of either this year or next regardless...the question becomes...Which one?

Meh.

He's a very young (bottom age) kid with talent to burn, but a fair way to go towards realising it yet. What he lacks is fairly typical (consistency mostly). He's been in the system for one season, lets see what the second season does for him before a call is made.

He might be looking to 'go home', but I suspect his concern is more along the lines of being a fair way back in the queue at Richmond as a small forward, so if he leaves, I suspect it'd be more for opportunity to play than going home. (the whole go home thing seems to just be the knee jerk reaction of WA fans to any WA player who might leave his club).

If he does start getting regular games, then I dare say he'll stay and whoever he replaces in the team will be looking for a new club anyway, so Richmond will probably be trading out a small forward at the end of either this year or next regardless...the question becomes...Which one?
I think his value will be much higher if he is Caddy type who can play Dual Role . Definitely got potential but at AFL level he just can't keep going for spectacular mark all the time and let opposition rebound quickly if he did not mark it . Even Jumping Jack don't do it as often as he used to be.

I think his value will be much higher if he is Caddy type who can play Dual Role . Definitely got potential but at AFL level he just can't keep going for spectacular mark all the time and let opposition rebound quickly if he did not mark it . Even Jumping Jack don't do it as often as he used to be.

Agree with the first bit, although as he matures I imagine he'll do stints in the midfield...Many small forwards do. He should also mature in his decision making as he learns to play at that level.

As for the jumping for the big marks, I think that could be team rules.... Jack seems to be flying more lately than he has for a while, indeed lot of the Richmond forwards are.

I think the idea they have is that they just need to get someone up there, contest and prevent the intercept, so it goes to ground and that our plethora of small forwards can do the rest, so you'll often see the likes of Castagna going for the big pack mark (although perhaps it would be better referred to as the big pack spoil).

Agree with the first bit, although as he matures I imagine he'll do stints in the midfield...Many small forwards do. He should also mature in his decision making as he learns to play at that level.

As for the jumping for the big marks, I think that could be team rules.... Jack seems to be flying more lately than he has for a while, indeed lot of the Richmond forwards are.

I think the idea they have is that they just need to get someone up there, contest and prevent the intercept, so it goes to ground and that our plethora of small forwards can do the rest, so you'll often see the likes of Castagna going for the big pack mark (although perhaps it would be better referred to as the big pack spoil).
Look like Jack Higgins stay on his feet more and don't jump around too much, this kid will be much better than shai in a few year time . can play midfield too .

Bolton seems to panic a little under pressure. Reminds me of a poor mans cockatoo from geelong who hasnt set the world on fire himself

Look like Jack Higgins stay on his feet more and don't jump around too much, this kid will be much better than shai in a few year time . can play midfield too .

Not really the same sort of player though. Bolton will always be more the flashy X factor type who will have short bursts when it all clicks and he destroys the other team, and the rest of the game he's barely sighted. Higgins is more the solid, consistent, high work rate type. Teams need a balance of both, and the question at the moment is how much we can get Bolton to improve his work rate without losing that freakishness.

if Wilson (GWs to freo,kennedy (GwS to Blues) type of talent worth 2nd round, i can see him drop to late second or early third rd asking price with his current form .
But that's what we paid for him at the draft.
Pick 29 is a late 2nd round pick.
So I agree. He's probably still worth roughly what we paid for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, it's so unlike you to rate a richmond player so very highly!
Guess he is worth a high first round draft pick
Clearly you either dont read properly or didnt read the post i was replying to but hey lets just have a s**t fight for the fun of it eyy

Where did i say he will be as good as Walters ?
I was replying to the 'TYPE' Of player he would most likely play like which is not Cockattoo but more like Walters

But with the talent Shai has there is no reason why he cant be as good as walter 'IF' He lives upto his potential

Hope this explanation has helped you a little but if you are still struggling not waste your time here PM me and i can really tell you what i think ;)

But that's what we paid for him at the draft.
Pick 29 is a late 2nd round pick.
So I agree. He's probably still worth roughly what we paid for him.
Is really depend on what your club want , if he is from Queenland i will be happy to give up second rd for him .

Clearly you either dont read properly or didnt read the post i was replying to but hey lets just have a s**t fight for the fun of it eyy

Where did i say he will be as good as Walters ?
I was replying to the 'TYPE' Of player he would most likely play like which is not Cockattoo but more like Walters

But with the talent Shai has there is no reason why he cant be as good as walter 'IF' He lives upto his potential

Hope this explanation has helped you a little but if you are still struggling not waste your time here PM me and i can really tell you what i think ;)
The comparison with cockatoo was that they both lack composure

Being overtaken by a 1st year player doesn't bring confidence. But if a club like freo see something in him and want to offer a mid 2nd it should get done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not really. Many kids have second year blues. Its not as if he is a 100 gamer being over taken by a kid.

Caddy doesn’t equal Ottens

Yet

It'd be even more embarrassing for Geelong if he was.

Ottens was traded for 2 first rounders.
Caddy was traded for the loose change from the Prestia deal after Geelong had previously knocked back a better offer (Deledio).

It'd be even more embarrassing for Geelong if he was.

Ottens was traded for 2 first rounders.
Caddy was traded for the loose change from the Prestia deal after Geelong had previously knocked back a better offer (Deledio).
Caddy was a gift from Geelong , specially when you factor in that the late pick geelong threw into the deal is what got Richmond Graham

Tyrone out for a 2nd and Caddy + Graham for similar was amazing deal for the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back