Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Available again end of the year , only signed one year contract extension .

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It must be a strange predicament for Shai.

At most other clubs (including Carlton), he'd nearly be the best small forward.

Be happy to pry him from Richmond if he wasn't set on heading home to Perth (which might be a bad move for him).

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I wouldn't read too much into him being dropped after a 4 day turn around from Saturday's game.
Not reading too much , just stated he is available again end of the season .

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I wouldn't read too much into him being dropped after a 4 day turn around from Saturday's game.

Agreed, but just putting together the fact that he's on a one year contract and seems to be out of the side every other week due to the likes of balance with Rioli, Baker, Castagna etc.

We've got a gaping hole when it comes to a quick/agile small forward (even though Shai is a leaper) ... one can dream though!

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
He was very young when drafted.
This is his 3rd year but only turned 19 in December.
Hopefully he stays. He is starting to remind a lot of tigers fans of a young Shane Edwards.
I hope we ditch Butler or Castagna and keep Shai at the end of the year.
To add a little bit more to it we have Maurice Rioli coming at the end of 2020

He was very young when drafted.
This is his 3rd year but only turned 19 in December.
Hopefully he stays. He is starting to remind a lot of tigers fans of a young Shane Edwards.
I hope we ditch Butler or Castagna and keep Shai at the end of the year.
To add a little bit more to it we have Maurice Rioli coming at the end of 2020
He turned 20 in December.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
It must be a strange predicament for Shai.

At most other clubs (including Carlton), he'd nearly be the best small forward.

Be happy to pry him from Richmond if he wasn't set on heading home to Perth (which might be a bad move for him).

Has he played enough footy at AFL level to be sure he's up to it, worth picks/dollars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Always been a fan of this kid. Suppose it has been hard to break into a Richmond team brimming with similar type players. Could be an ideal replacement for Shane Edwards in the future.

Hardwick needs to keep playing him in the seniors for rest of the season, or he will probably look for better opportunities elsewhere

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Shai Bolton is a freakish talent. Can jump on guy's heads, pick pockets, bend like a rubber man, has blistering speed and kicks goals (misses too many at this stage but we'll sort that out). He was BOG for a half against Sydney last year before he ran out of petrol. At 18, he made a fool of dual AA small defender Nick Smith. Three weeks younger and he would have been in the 2017 draft. I repeat, the kid is a freak. Star, if he wants it, and works for it. Matchwinner. Gamebreaker.

That's what I know. I'm not getting into any of the ******** posturing the rest of you are filling this thread with.
Repeat. Told yas.

A whole bunch of posturing.

I am not getting into posturing.

Is he as good as Balta?
Hard to split them after both tore your mob a new a-hole yesterday.

giphy.gif

I tell you one thing for sure, I wouldn't trade either of them for Cerra.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Problem here is tiges put all their eggs in the Tom lynch basket
The kid will look for more opportunity and more money at the club he’s always supported and his dad played for .
The tiges just can’t off this.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Sensational game against fremantle and should get the rising star nomination this week
I ****in told yas.
What did you think of his game yesterday Cobbler ?
Not the 1st time I have been wrong. He played well in richmonds forward structure

Still, I couldn't decide only because he only played a few Richmond games in 2017 and 2018. Now that he is on good form and under contract, he is worth something.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not the 1st time I have been wrong. He played well in richmonds forward structure

Still, I couldn't decide only because he only played a few Richmond games in 2017 and 2018. Now that he is on good form and under contract, he is worth something.
He came to the club i 2016 draft as the youngest player to be drafted being a mid December birthdate
Was 64kgs at that time and had no tank at all

He is now close to 77kgs and probably grown to 177cm so roughly the same size as Walters , Still needs another 18 months imo to get to a level where he has a big enough tank to play at Walters level of consistency but he has just turned 20 years of age so massive upside

Definitely a player we dont want to lose

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The kid will look for more opportunity and more money at the club he’s always supported and his dad played for .
Ralph Carr spoke to Freo at the end of last year. Asked them to simply best Richmond’s meagre one year offer on a base wage. Bell showed no interest. Looks like he missed one there.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Ralph Carr spoke to Freo at the end of last year. Asked them to simply best Richmond’s meagre one year offer on a base wage. Bell showed no interest. Looks like he missed one there.
Ralph Carr should just go away and let Shai do his own contracts

Bolton was offered a 2 year deal but put talks on hold then eventually accepted a 1 year deal

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Good clubs don't lose players they want to keep. Sorry, pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back