Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Not sure what any of that has to do with the comparison i made but i will point out somethings about Bolton also

#53 or #29 i there really that much difference once you go past the 1st round
Shai Bolton was drafted as the youngest player in his draft and no where near ready and spent this period of time building and getting stronger and a tank to play more than 1 quarter

They are very similar types that play similar game but lets hope Bolton gets to Walters level as that would be our wish
In 2008, Walters wasn't a stand out, Rich and Stephen Hill were.

In 2016, Shai Bolton was not a stand out either, But he was talked about on the freo board in his draft year though.

I personally didnt hear much of him or rate him before the dockers vs tigers game 2-3 weeks ago. I do rate him now.

Good to see him have his breakout game vs Freo kicking 4 goals.

A guy like him only needs to kick 2-3 goals to have a good game looking at richmonds current forward line.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
LOL you have no idea about Shai Bolton, You might want to watch him a little more and How many silky 20 year olds with less than 10 games have you seen lately apart from Sydney Stack ;)

Just out of interest how silky was Walters at 20 years of age ? From Memory i do believe that he was not what he is today and it was after he his 24 years of age he become the player he is today at 24 years of age he was getting 15 touches and 0.6 goals a game at 67%

Common mistake comapring a young kid to a 28 year old established star of the game, Shane Edwards was AA lst year but at 24 most Richmond supporters wanted him delisted
Mate, let me explain something to you-

No matter HOW MUCH you talk up your teams players it has absolutely zero,I’ll say again ZERO affect on their ACTUAL trade worth as players.

As of right now ,boltens worth ,at best is a late 3rd/4th rounder....
No matter what fan boi expectations you assign to him.

End of.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Mate, let me explain something to you-

No matter HOW MUCH you talk up your teams players it has absolutely zero,I’ll say again ZERO affect on their ACTUAL trade worth as players.

As of right now ,boltens worth ,at best is a late 3rd/4th rounder....
No matter what fan boi expectations you assign to him.

End of.
LOL go take a panadol
you need it as you are rambling rubbish

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Looks like you have not watched Bolton a great deal , Bolton is a beautiful kick of the ball and when you talk about smarter you are now comparing a 28 year old Walters with a 20 year old Bolton. Bolton is amazing with what he can do and the tricks he has that baffle other players this takes smarts and skill

Both players are same size same weight and similar speed and both are midfielders rather than just a small foward
almost exactly same statts at the same age also.
I agree, i've seen him display real footy smarts.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Played one good game in 3 years and apparently he’s worth a mid 1st round selection hahaha gotta love richmond supporters

Almost as funny as when they were bragging about how much better their flag winning side was than our threepeating side.

Couldn't even go back to back however they're still superior for some reason that remains unknown to anyone who isn't a Richmond supporter.

I only hope that one day they'll share the answer to that best kept secret.

Back on topic while the kid has potential he's worth no more than a mid-late second and if he wants out that's what it'll most likely be.

Almost as funny as when they were bragging about how much better their flag winning side was than our threepeating side.

i have never known any Richmond supporter to say anything close to this.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I think this guy is going to be a good player but I don't know how people can rate him harshly considering that he has had limited games at a strong club that has very good players ahead of him in the same role - premiership players at that!
I'd love to see him come to Carlton for more opportunities rather than have him waiting in the queue at the Tigers.
I think he could really shine if he was given the chance to spread his wings.
Hard to judge what he's worth at the trade table though atm.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
In 2008, Walters wasn't a stand out, Rich and Stephen Hill were.

In 2016, Shai Bolton was not a stand out either, But he was talked about on the freo board in his draft year though.

I personally didnt hear much of him or rate him before the dockers vs tigers game 2-3 weeks ago. I do rate him now.

Good to see him have his breakout game vs Freo kicking 4 goals.

A guy like him only needs to kick 2-3 goals to have a good game looking at richmonds current forward line.
Bolton was considered to be a second round pick but personally I rated him.

When Bolton wasn’t getting a game to the amazing long list of Tiger small forwards, I felt he should be target for Freo.

Getting players with 2-3 years AFL experience is the best money ball move.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Obviously a good player and very exciting, would just hope that he can work some of the more negative aspects of his footy out. Can be pretty greedy which is likely why he's fallen behind less talented options at the Tigers.
He's ultra talented, but he needs to mature as a footballer. He fades in and out of games and week to week, but I reckon once his fitness and mind matures, with experience age will make him a really good player. That's why we'd love to keep him.

I think he is just outside the team at the moment, and will want to go home for more opportunity, can see him being traded to WA for a deal that doesn't reflect his future potential, and becoming a gun. We are probably going to lose this one long term.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't mind using a late first round for Bolton, Jack Martin look likely asking for transfer. Bolton already build chemistry with Miles and Corey Ellis in VFL last year too. Still think a late first round deal is better that what hawthorn offer for Scrimshaw.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Don't mind using a late first round for Bolton, Jack Martin look likely asking for transfer. Bolton already build chemistry with Miles and Corey Ellis in VFL last year too. Still think a late first round deal is better that what hawthorn offer for Scrimshaw.
I think if he leaves he wants to go home to WA is what's speculated. Not sure a move North further from home is on the cards here.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think if he leaves he wants to go home to WA is what's speculated. Not sure a move North further from home is on the cards here.
Don't mind hike up his salary/contract for him, even if he don't want to come, a bit here and there will add up in salary cap for team who recruit him or retained him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
you play him in the seconds, he's gone.
He goes then he goes , He is being played 2nds for a reason not because the coaches hate him. He has things that he needs to work on and is getting there
He couldnt run out 2 quarters and didnt lay tackles last year so its working.

When he gets there he will remain but will be a beauty

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
He's worth a pick in the thirties. Still worth the risk.

Back