Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

TBF our CEO has come out and said that we are going to aggressively trade this year, as well as this being an area that the dogs have a hole in and also our presidents comments about a desire to get more indigenous players into our club - which is where a lot of the hill and martin stuff is coming from too. Honestly I can understand why you're getting sick of seeing the puppies on the boards, but its not ONLY bigfooty bs, we have fair reason to be looking around at potential targets
On top of all that, you'd have a big hole in your cap now wouldn't you with Boyd gone?

The Fremantle obsession with Bolton is hilarious.

Could have had him for nothing last year but Bell didn’t want him. This, along with the farcical Hogan trade and ponying up Lachie Neale makes for a cringeworthy first year for Belly. And didn’t Reece Conca cash in.

Could have had him for nothing last year but Bell didn’t want him. This, along with the farcical Hogan trade and ponying up Lachie Neale makes for a cringeworthy first year for Belly. And didn’t Reece Conca cash in.
While it's always fun to laugh at the Fremantle Failure Club, Bolton did not want to leave and Richmond didn't want him to. He was offered a longer deal but his manager Ralph Carr held out for more money until everyone else was signed up and he got what was left in the ashtray. He'll sign on for two more years.

TBF our CEO has come out and said that we are going to aggressively trade this year, as well as this being an area that the dogs have a hole in and also our presidents comments about a desire to get more indigenous players into our club - which is where a lot of the hill and martin stuff is coming from too. Honestly I can understand why you're getting sick of seeing the puppies on the boards, but its not ONLY bigfooty bs, we have fair reason to be looking around at potential targets
Yeah wasn’t really having a go was more curious as it seemed just about every bullies supporter was talking up trades for these players.

Makes a lot more sense now knowing your presidents comments👍

But we don’t want him , we have 2/3 much better prospects (Liam Henry this year, a few next year) .....I’m just always amused at the ridiculous overating Richmond fans do for the guy.then again I remember when all you guys thought Liam McBean was better than joe Daniher 😂, so I shouldn’t be surprised

But we don’t want him , we have 2/3 much better prospects (Liam Henry this year, a few next year) .....I’m just always amused at the ridiculous overating Richmond fans do for the guy.then again I remember when all you guys thought Liam McBean was better than joe Daniher 😂, so I shouldn’t be surprised
heh. Your commitment in this thread suggests otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing what Belly overpays for this trade period.

On top of all that, you'd have a big hole in your cap now wouldn't you with Boyd gone?

ooh yeah, considering we were talking about getting wingard in on 900k last year, and picken and boyd have already retired this year, there is a sizeable amount of salary cap room atm. Will have to save a portion of that when youngsters come out of contract, but definitly got some chips to play with

West Coast's win not that good then.
I wouldn't say so.
Depends on perspective, I think a good win is one in which the winner was challenged by the loser. Both teams play well, one team plays better.

Obviously from a ladder view point a belting is good for percentage but I don't think it makes you more likely to play well in finals.

Freo wont go after him with the NGA kids coming through but he hasnt done enough to be worth more than a mid second if he asked to go as an uncontracted player.
At this point I agree to an extent. A 2nd rounder or a player would be our best offers. Alot can change between now and the end of the season though.

Since there were a bunch of your players who were better. Besides belting witches hats isn't as impressive as you're making it out to be

please name the "bunch" of players that were better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell didn't Bolton that's a lie.
Well known in Richmond circles Carr was talking to Bell when Richmond didn’t offer more than a year. They were interested earlier last year but their interest waned for some reason.

Belly said no and he re-signed at Richmond. Belly just needed to offer him a 2 year contract with a minimal rise in pay and he would have been at Freo for nothing. Used good dollars on Conca though and he will be a mainstay for the next 4 years at least.

Well known in Richmond circles Carr was talking to Bell when Richmond didn’t offer more than a year. They were interested earlier last year but their interest waned for some reason.

Belly said no and he re-signed at Richmond. Belly just needed to offer him a 2 year contract with a minimal rise in pay and he would have been at Freo for nothing. Used good dollars on Conca though and he will be a mainstay for the next 4 years at least.
So your tigers mates talk between yourselves and you think that it is true.

So your tigers mates talk between yourselves and you think that it is true.
I’d have my head in the sand too if I was a Freo supporter reviewing last year’s trade period. Bells record so far is poor, but don’t think he wasn’t as negligent not to talk to Carr when he came knocking. He’s not that incompetent. He just made another bad decision.

I’d have my head in the sand too if I was a Freo supporter reviewing last year’s trade period. Bells record so far is poor, but don’t think he wasn’t as negligent not to talk to Carr when he came knocking. He’s not that incompetent. He just made another bad decision.
seriously mate, you don't have a clue.

I may have missed something here but if he’s value is so low, why are freo supporters here discussing him so much. ?

Easily worth a 2nd rounder right now.

If he continues to close the gap between his best and worst over
The next 2 months then his value will most definitely improve.

Hopefully he stays but won’t lose sleep if he goes.

I may have missed something here but if he’s value is so low, why are freo supporters here discussing him so much. ?

Easily worth a 2nd rounder right now.

If he continues to close the gap between his best and worst over
The next 2 months then his value will most definitely improve.

Hopefully he stays but won’t lose sleep if he goes.
IMO he is worth at least 2nd Rd Pick too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back