Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy is an elite talent who is starting to put it together. He was BOG yesterday for mine. I would not trade him for anything less than a top five pick. Scary the things he will be doing after a couple more pre-seasons.
top 5 pick? Easy tiger.

top 5 pick? Easy tiger.
There are so many misses after the top five in the draft. Bolton is a sure thing. Why would I want to give up a twenty year old who is starting to put together amazing football for a largely unproven kid with zero development at the highest level? The last time we had pick six, we drafted Reece Conca. Would you trade Shai Bolton for an 18 year old Reece Conca?

I also remember people spewing over us trading pick six for Prestia. That pick six ended up being Jack Scrimshaw. Prestia became a premiership player with us and will probably have the Jack Dyer Medal hanging around his neck at the end of the season. Scrimshaw couldn’t get a game at the worst side in the competition and was consequently traded for peanuts.

After the top five, it’s a lottery. I’d rather keep Shai, whose ceiling is elite. We’ve barely scratched the surface with him.

There are so many misses after the top five in the draft. Bolton is a sure thing. Why would I want to give up a twenty year old who is starting to put together amazing football for a largely unproven kid with zero development at the highest level? The last time we had pick six, we drafted Reece Conca. Would you trade Shai Bolton for an 18 year old Reece Conca?

I also remember people spewing over us trading pick six for Prestia. That pick six ended up being Jack Scrimshaw. Prestia became a premiership player with us and will probably have the Jack Dyer Medal hanging around his neck at the end of the season. Scrimshaw couldn’t get a game at the worst side in the competition and was consequently traded for peanuts.

After the top five, it’s a lottery. I’d rather keep Shai, whose ceiling is elite. We’ve barely scratched the surface with him.

By comparison, Prestia had proven he was a gun. I would personally take a top 5 pick and run for Bolts but I get your point

29 disposals, 8 contested at 76%, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 6 marks, 355 metres gained, 7 score involvements, 1 goal, 1 goal assist

Backed up his best career game with an even better game

By comparison, Prestia had proven he was a gun. I would personally take a top 5 pick and run for Bolts but I get your point
I would as well, but anything after the top five, I’d rather stick with Bolton, especially with the way we’ve been plucking em lately.

I feel as though people continue to overrate high draft picks. History suggests you’re a very good chance of butchering a pick if it’s taken from six onwards.

29 disposals, 8 contested at 76%, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 6 marks, 355 metres gained, 7 score involvements, 1 goal, 1 goal assist

Backed up his best career game with an even better game
Incredible numbers for an undersized twenty year old in just his 19th game. Against quality opposition as well.

Belatedly gets his Rising Star nom.

"At the moment, I'm not really worried about contract talks, I just want to play football and enjoy playing at Richmond," he said.

"I love being part of Richmond. We have a great connection, all of us boys, and it's a great club to be at."

And the Rising Star nomination?

"It's a great honour. I just want to say thanks to Richmond for giving me the opportunity to play."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I just want to learn off all the midfielders and work on my craft.”
Bolton remains out of contract for next year, but said he has no desire to move back to Perth.
Girlfriend Hasina moved to Melbourne after Bolton’s first year at the Tigers and the pair are more than happy in their new city.
“Melbourne is a great place to live,” Bolton said.
“I’ve got the missus over here and the family came over recently. So there’s no way I’m getting homesick.
“I love being with the club and being with the boys.”

Bolton has developed a close bond with his band of “Brothers” as one of six indigenous players at the Tigers, who regularly catch up for lunch and face off in Fortnite battles on their PlayStations.
An artistic type, Bolton has also begun designing T-shirts and other streetwear in his spare time.
“I’m not working with any companies at the moment. It’s just a slow start but it’s something that I’m interested in,” Bolton said.

“I just want to learn off all the midfielders and work on my craft.”
Bolton remains out of contract for next year, but said he has no desire to move back to Perth.
Girlfriend Hasina moved to Melbourne after Bolton’s first year at the Tigers and the pair are more than happy in their new city.
“Melbourne is a great place to live,” Bolton said.
“I’ve got the missus over here and the family came over recently. So there’s no way I’m getting homesick.
“I love being with the club and being with the boys.”

Bolton has developed a close bond with his band of “Brothers” as one of six indigenous players at the Tigers, who regularly catch up for lunch and face off in Fortnite battles on their PlayStations.
An artistic type, Bolton has also begun designing T-shirts and other streetwear in his spare time.
“I’m not working with any companies at the moment. It’s just a slow start but it’s something that I’m interested in,” Bolton said.
May as well lock the thread now. Fremantle fans will have to move on. As much as they thought they were a chance of getting an A grade talent with a pick in the 70s, there’s this small thing called reality that stood in the way.

Bolton’s stocks have risen quite high over the last month. If he went back to Perth Fremantle would be a good fit for him.
Has said his gf and he loves Melbourne and he has formed a great bond with the other indigenous footballers at Tigerland,can’t see him going anywhere and for that I am grateful.

P.S. Marcel has already posted the great man’s exact words.

A real maturity in his football this year.

No club is getting him for chips in a trade now. Will cost plenty in capital

Curious how all those who seem eager for him to move (especially to their club) go quiet when trade value is mentioned...

Do you remember Walters at 20 years of age? Didn’t think so.......
Walters is in a different situation....

from 2009-2011, he kicked 14 goals from 11 games.

Start of 2012, he was unfit, Ross Lyon told him to train by yourself and lose the weight.

comes back mid 2012, kicks 22 goals and 11 behinds from 10 games and saves his career

top 5 pick? Easy tiger.

Depends on where you rate picks. I tend to agree as picks are very overrated. Kid is 20 and was BoG and also close to BOG last week.

If you drafted someone in the top 5-10 and they were doing that at 20 years old you would be saying they are tracking well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back