Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Top 5 pick? Your joking right? Worth a 2nd rounder maximum.

Was taken at 29 as a speculative pick.
The speculation looks like paying off, so you'd expect his value to improve a fair bit.

I don't really see the 'top 5 pick' talk playing out, but his value would be a fair bit better than 29, so I'd be thinking 1st round, and given that there seems to be a lot of interest maybe mid round.

That said, I expect he's be staying, and the delay is merely a typical move from his manager, who likes to draw things out as long as possible.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The speculation looks like paying off, so you'd expect his value to improve a fair bit.

I don't really see the 'top 5 pick' talk playing out, but his value would be a fair bit better than 29, so I'd be thinking 1st round, and given that there seems to be a lot of interest maybe mid round.

That said, I expect he's be staying, and the delay is merely a typical move from his manager, who likes to draw things out as long as possible.
Generally happens with most players whose manager will make a club wait until late in a season to obviously harbour the best deal possible. I think he stays...Would love him at Pies.

Last edited:

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

He's finally looking like he could be a player now, MAYBE, and he looked like a VFL player until now. Has been a disappointment until this point, but is now looking better.

Value is hard to work out. I'd think late teens or early 20s.

He's finally looking like he could be a player now, MAYBE, and he looked like a VFL player until now. Has been a disappointment until this point, but is now looking better.

Value is hard to work out. I'd think late teens or early 20s.

Some players you draft as ready to go, others you draft as development/project types and hope they pay off.

Bolton was clearly the latter and has shown clear signs that he's working out...Still a way to go to be sure, be from here it's mostly just that he needs to work at it and gain experience. Perhaps the most important part from here is that he's shown the willingness to do the work.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
He may have offers put in front of him too good to refuse by then.
Not from Freo he won’t.

Old dingaling didn’t want a bar of it when Shai was virtually being offered for nothing to the dockers last year and he chose to prioritise Harley instead.
Ralph doesn’t forget these things.

Conca was a good get though.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not from Freo he won’t.

Old dingaling didn’t want a bar of it when Shai was virtually being offered for nothing to the dockers last year and he chose to prioritise Harley instead.

What a lot of crap.

Richmond never wanted him to leave and still don’t. Never offer him for nothing last year.

The Harley priority is a total red herring. I am pretty sure any team could have both Bolton and Bennell in the same.

Think about it, their is 38-40 players on a main list.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
What a lot of crap.

Richmond never wanted him to leave and still don’t. Never offer him for nothing last year.

The Harley priority is a total red herring. I am pretty sure any team could have both Bolton and Bennell in the same.

Think about it, their is 38-40 players on a main list.
Keep up.

Richmond didn’t offer Shai to Freo. Ralph Carr came knocking and told them if they offered Bolton a 2 year contract he would take it and they would get him for nothing.
Peter Bell told him they weren’t interested.

Freos got as much chance of luring Shai now as Harley has of getting a medical at Richmond.

I still maintain that Conca is Peter Bells biggest get in his position so far.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Keep up.

Richmond didn’t offer Shai to Freo. Ralph Carr came knocking and told them if they offered Bolton a 2 year contract he would take it and they would get him for nothing.

Freos got as much chance of luring Shai now as Harley has of getting a medical at Richmond.
What has Harley Bennell got to do with Shai Bolton?

When did Peter Bell tell Bolton’s manager he wasn’t interested? What date?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Not from Freo he won’t.

You do realise Harley Bennell was signed up before Peter Bell joined Fremantle last year?

That happened in the days of Lloyd being the list manager, so if Lloyd rejected Bolton then Bell may have a different opinion on him and try and get him over.

We also have a new list manager running the show who may want him over here too.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Keep up.

I still maintain that Conca is Peter Bells biggest get in his position so far.
Peter Bell started on the 4th of October 2018.

Shai Bolton signs on the 3rd of October 2018.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Peter Bell started on the 4th of October 2018.

Shai Bolton signs on the 3rd of October 2018.
Was on the football sub-committee and was working in the role before he was appointed to fill the void by Lloyd’s defection. Cmon you should know this.

Back