Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
He was on the board and stop making up stuff.
He was on the football sub committee. READ the article YOU posted.

You are quite defensive. Ok blame Bolton’s non-recruitment on Lloyd (he wasn’t there anyway) if that makes you feel better. Bell was there in transition before officially announced.

Whatever makes you feel better though bud. You sure are passionate about who not to blame in the Freo/Bolton recruitment farce.

BTW, who have you credited for the Conca acquisition?

You are quite defensive. Ok blame Bolton’s non-recruitment on Lloyd (he wasn’t there anyway) if that makes you feel better. Bell was there in transition before officially announced.

Whatever makes you feel better though bud. You sure are passionate about who not to blame in the Freo/Bolton recruitment farce.

These things get done months before trade period (generally). Would be surprised if Bell was involved in the Conca pick-up

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC

Besides all this strawman stuff, Why would a player cut off a club just because previous interest never went through? Especially a young player still trying to actually make it?

Self Interest is the best horse in the race and the more suitors and options, the bigger the prize.

Not to mention being the best performed.
Lobb and Hogan both had better games and were more important for structure. Conca has been consistently good, never great and never bad (save for one brain dead moment in the first derby). He’s done exactly as required and not gotten injured. I suppose there is some argument for best performed but not best player.

Bolton is expected to sign hey? Would imagine if it came to it, our second should be a relatively easy swap. Still is more potential then proven at this point

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
If he's getting a game you wouldn't leave the Tigers unless the money was significantly better. If that's the case we trade him for overs and get a good return. Nobody is throwing big money at a player and then not trading with the club to get it done. Nobody that valued "walks to the PSD" either these days.

We'll keep him for a reasonable and fair price or wel get something decent in a trade if he's valued highly enough for good coin by another club.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lobb and Hogan both had better games and were more important for structure. Conca has been consistently good, never great and never bad (save for one brain dead moment in the first derby). He’s done exactly as required and not gotten injured. I suppose there is some argument for best performed but not best player.

Bolton is expected to sign hey? Would imagine if it came to it, our second should be a relatively easy swap. Still is more potential then proven at this point
Doubt that. Richmond will be definitely asking for more than a pick similar to what was used on him 3 years ago. Just remember Cerra is crazy mad richmond and would not take too much convincing from Martin,Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt,Lynch and Mrs Cerra

So from being pick 29 on potential, to having that potential proven sufficiently to get a regular spot in a top team, with plenty of upside still to go, you think he's now worth a pick around 25?

Unless this is a MASSIVELY stronger draft, you're dreaming. He'd be worth around that if he had no further improvement left in him.

So from being pick 29 on potential, to having that potential proven sufficiently to get a regular spot in a top team, with plenty of upside still to go, you think he's now worth a pick around 25?

Unless this is a MASSIVELY stronger draft, you're dreaming. He'd be worth around that if he had no further improvement left in him.
Langdon is playing better most weeks and it’s what I’d expect for him. Uncontracted and non-stars will struggle to go for a first, or is Bolton a lot better than Langdon in your eyes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdon is playing better most weeks and it’s what I’d expect for him. Uncontracted and non-stars will struggle to go for a first, or is Bolton a lot better than Langdon in your eyes?
How old is Langdon?

I'd call them similar currently, maybe Langdon slightly ahead, but Bolton is 3 years younger and has far more upside & X-factor, so yes, I'd have Bolton at a higher trade value.

Or to put it another way, Bolton could be a star in a few years, Langdon wont.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Doubt that. Richmond will be definitely asking for more than a pick similar to what was used on him 3 years ago. Just remember Cerra is crazy mad richmond and would not take too much convincing from Martin,Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt,Lynch and Mrs Cerra

Lucky that because I don’t think big tommy has too much convincing in him... errrr... you come play footy?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lucky that because I don’t think big tommy has too much convincing in him... errrr... you come play footy?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tommy : Listen Shai
Its bloody difficult playing for a bottom 4 team Have a llok at me now that im at Richmond have not missed a game and kicked 50 goals
this is paradise

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Tommy : Listen Shai
Its bloody difficult playing for a bottom 4 team Have a llok at me now that im at Richmond have not missed a game and kicked 50 goals
this is paradise

Yeah, he's a good player.
Kicked 200 goals in 4 seasons in our shitty team!
He's a terrible public speaker though which I was having a crack at.

Not sure how you could leave this and think you've made it to paradise in melbourne!
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.57.02 PM.png

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
200 goals in 7/8 years ? compared to 60 in 1 year

He is also too pale for the beach and is more a city slicker
200 goals in 4 years 2014-2017
Injured last year

his first 3 years as an 18-20 year old.. he kicked less goals, surprise surprise
Average goals have been pretty consistent since 2014
Playing deeper to goal this year helps.
- more free kicks, less goal assists than previous - just playing a different role in a better team.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.23.30 PM.png

Last edited:

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Keep up.

Richmond didn’t offer Shai to Freo. Ralph Carr came knocking and told them if they offered Bolton a 2 year contract he would take it and they would get him for nothing.
Peter Bell told him they weren’t interested.

Freos got as much chance of luring Shai now as Harley has of getting a medical at Richmond.

I still maintain that Conca is Peter Bells biggest get in his position so far.

Is this the wrong place to post that Bennell is most likely to end up at Richmond or???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back