Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly the top echelon. His stats stack up pretty well against guys like Bont, Oliver, Dusty and Petracca at the same age even though he was a raw small forward for his first 3 years.
i think he can be in the top 10-20 range if he keeps up this up. Just dont see him as a top 10 player. Happy for him to prove me wrong because he's one of the few tigers players i like lol.

Shai Bolton is worth a top 3 pick in the 2021 draft.

Tell me why I am wrong

He only plays well when we are dominating
Hes not that good
Coaches votes
Too small
Only good in a good team

EH EH EH ;)

No I’ve said he is a good player but you can’t ignore facts.

2021 - Wins 25 disposals and 18 coaches votes.
2021 - Losses 19.5 disposals and 4 coaches votes.

Some don’t like facts.
You'd probably find similar stats for any of our forwards (or any other team for that matter). If the ball's not going your way you can't really do anything with it.

What would fair value be then?
Another elite young player in the comp. But that never happens, because who would want to give up a player the equivalent of Bolton?

If Bolton requests a trade then we likely won't get fair value for him. We'll get some decent compensation for losing one of the best young players in the comp, but it won't be enough because he's uncontracted.

He's very very very unlikely to leave. He'll take a shorter deal with us for now, and be rewarded when the older guys are gone.

Another elite young player in the comp. But that never happens, because who would want to give up a player the equivalent of Bolton?

If Bolton requests a trade then we likely won't get fair value for him. We'll get some decent compensation for losing one of the best young players in the comp, but it won't be enough because he's uncontracted.

He's very very very unlikely to leave. He'll take a shorter deal with us for now, and be rewarded when the older guys are gone.

Agree

Point is, you couldn’t blame a club for throwing $1 million a year at Bolton, he is probably worth it, only 22 yrs old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has already achieved the pinnacle of AFL with a couple of premierships. He doesn't need to leave to chase a premiership.

If a club offered him 1m a season, you think he would consider it with the earning potential of a player being so short.

I reckon he is unlikely to leave but I imagine he would be fielding some massive offers.

He has already achieved the pinnacle of AFL with a couple of premierships. He doesn't need to leave to chase a premiership.

If a club offered him 1m a season, you think he would consider it with the earning potential of a player being so short.

I reckon he is unlikely to leave but I imagine he would be fielding some massive offers.
Wouldn't quite put him in the million dollar a year club, but. he's certainly in a fine patch of form over the last 12 months.

Shai Bolton is worth a top 3 pick in the 2021 draft.

Tell me why I am wrong
Worth, yep. No guarantee a top 3 pick comes off.
Would a club give it up....unlikely. The teams finishing there would be rebuilding. Bolton isn't the player you build a team around, but you add him to solid foundations and he becomes devastating.

That said, GWS will hold a top 3 pick this year (Collingwood's)
They may just give it up for Bolton as he gives them an extremely talented mid/fwd.

Top 10 pick easily

If a bottom club offered a top 10 pick reckon Tigers will jump at it they can pick up another gun in draft
Lol what? Jump at the chance to draft a kid that if all goes perfectly will be just as good as bolton in 5 years time? Why would be even entertain the idea? He's 22 for another 6 months. Still has 10+ years to go. We'd be mad to get rid of him unless he demands to go home.

A top 10 pick could also be a Paddy Dow....

Lol what? Jump at the chance to draft a kid that if all goes perfectly will be just as good as bolton in 5 years time? Why would be even entertain the idea? He's 22 for another 6 months. Still has 10+ years to go. We'd be mad to get rid of him unless he demands to go home.

A top 10 pick could also be a Paddy Dow....
i think he means if Bolton wasnt going to sign, you'd take the top 10 pick.

Not at the tigers he’s not but as you’ve seen first hand with your club. Rivals have to pay overs to pry players away.

We already have buyers remorse with Zac Williams.. (Granted Bolton is a lot younger with a higher upside)

We already have buyers remorse with Zac Williams.. (Granted Bolton is a lot younger with a higher upside)
Haha fair but the rule remains

you have to pay overs to convince players to leave.
Right now I reckon he’s worth around $600k ish to us.
You’d have to pay Atleast $800+ to get him to leave

Top 10 pick easily

If a bottom club offered a top 10 pick reckon Tigers will jump at it they can pick up another gun in draft
No Chance , You can take a player in the top 10 and the chances of finding another freak like Shai is extremely low

You will find a Cerra but very hard to find another shai

Remove this Banner Ad

Back