Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically speaking if Freo offered their first round pick for Bolton (likely to be in the top 5), if I am Richmond I would take that deal and run.

Gives you an fantastic opportunity to replenish your midfield/extend your flag window for a few more years whilst Dusty is still is in his prime (Cotchin does look like be is winding down.

Plus you have Maurice Rioli Jnr waiting in the wings.
I am not sure if Bolton has not reached his ceiling 1.already, and as I say, Richmond should try cash in, from a pragmatic list management and flag window opportunity perspective.

Hypothetically speaking if Freo offered their first round pick for Bolton (likely to be in the top 5), if I am Richmond I would take that deal and run.

Gives you an fantastic opportunity to replenish your midfield/extend your flag window for a few more years whilst Dusty is still is in his prime (Cotchin does look like be is winding down.

I am not sure if Bolton has not reached his ceiling 1.already, and as I say, Richmond should try cash in, from a pragmatic list management and flag window opportunity perspective.

That would make sense if Bolton wasnt still a kid himself and proven to be a very very good player.

Would not even entertain it.

Why on earth would we trade out a bloke that just turned 22 to 'replenish our midfield'? And how would it extend our flag window? He's a gun already and has 10 years plus left in him. He is just about our best centre clearance player already and is comfortably our best small forward when played there. Due to play only his 50th game on the weekend. Not close to his ceiling. Has the potential to be one of the best in the comp if he continues on this trajectory.

MRJ is speculative and will play exclusively as a small forward for the next 3 or 4 years.

Dan Butler made the AA squad last year. He was better than any small forward at your club in 2020.

Tipping the club wouldn't have enjoyed losing him.
Quit embarrassing yourself.

Converstation is redundant, I'll be surprised if our first pick is top 5, maybe Carlton can convince Richmond to take their top 5 pick

Even with our injuries, we will finish several places higher than Freo. Don't see the need for such an arrogant cheap shot. Least we are a decent destination club, how is Jesse Hogan working out for Freo

Even with our injuries, we will finish several places higher than Freo. Don't see the need for such an arrogant cheap shot. Least we are a decent destination club, how is Jesse Hogan working out for Freo
Haha, Elmer mate, it was a light hearted jab back at you after saying Freo will be bottom 5, struggle to understand why its an arrogant cheap shot compared to your post. Additionally, we'll out injury list you any day, any time, anywhere. Big weekend coming up.

Jesse Hogan was an unmitigated disaster, which is sadly a phrase that sums up Freo pretty well most of the time.

Bolton is a gun but would only want if we were losing Cerra, our trading history sucks and we need another KPF to develop

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shai bolton came 4th in Richmond's B & F in a premiership winning year just behind Dustin Martin , Nick Vlastuin , Jayden Short

As a 21 year old

How do you figure Cotchin "looks like" he is winding down ? In his first game back he had 27 disposals 634 Meters gained.

Best thing I've read on Bigfooty in a long time.

Trade one of the best 22 year olds in the league for pick 5 to "replenish your list".

Genius.

Bolton being seriously overrated here.

How so?

You keep making silly comments but dont back it up with any facts or even an educated opinion.

Trade a kid for a kid to replenish a midfield???????????????????

Bolton is overrrated????????????????

Seriously, you have no idea.

Bolton looks every bit a star in the making and at only age 22. If he played for your mob, you'd be drooling about how your midfield is set for the next 10 years.

Give up mate.

How so?

You keep making silly comments but dont back it up with any facts or even an educated opinion.

Bolton looks every bit a star in the making and at only age 22. If he played for your mob, you'd be drooling about how your midfield is set for the next 10 years.

Give up mate.

I love you Morro

How so?

Give up mate.

He would struggle with our injury riddled and convoluted system mate.

Balta :heavycheck:
Baker :heavycheck:
Vlastuin :heavycheck:
Graham :heavycheckBolton will be next

Assume you re-sign Bolton, I fail to see how you can afford to trade for some like Dunkley or another A Grader, as speculated elsewhere.

I assume you will let go of McIntosh and a few other uncontracted players, but unless you trade out maybe a couple of Caddy types (whom I would gladly have at Carlton), I don't see how The Tiges can be players in the Free Agency or our of contract star market.

Not your fault btw, the system is set up to bring successful clubs like you down eventually IE Hawthorn.

As others have said, rival club's will come knocking with financial offers Richmond cannot match under the cap, although there is the coterie member/sponsors loophole the AFL for some reason still allows IE Dylan Shiel and his property estate deal with an EFC coterie sponsor.

He will get well locked after post footy if he stays at Richmond I dare say.

Why? He kept our midfield humming with Dusty last year as Prestia and Edward’s missed most of the season, and Cotchin played sporadically and Lambert well down on form.

I should clarify that comment with regards to being worth more on an open trade market than a top 5 pick.

Obviously he is worth more to Richmond fans than that, but hypothetically speaking, if he chose to leave Richmond, accept an offer elsewhere (which I do not believe will happen) what would most RFC (and neutral) fans believe to be fair and adequate compo for Bolton ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back