Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

MarlonBrander

Rookie
Apr 6, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
MarlonBrander no one believes you have inside information. Stop pretending.

You can believe what you like, mate.

It is publicly known (try google) that both West Coast and Fremantle were chasing Bolton two years ago. I've never said that West Coast pursuing Bolton 2 years ago was insider info. I just know that West Coast had a 3 year deal on the table for him (players generally don't leave clubs for less than 3 years anyway).

Whatever you decide to do with that info is completely up to you.

Believe it don't believe. It's really no skin off my nose.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

It is publicly known (try google) that both West Coast and Fremantle were chasing Bolton two years ago. I've never said that West Coast pursuing Bolton 2 years ago was insider info. I just know that West Coast had a 3 year deal on the table for him (players generally don't leave clubs for less than 3 years anyway).

Stop pretending you're in the know.

I won't be doing anything with your "information".

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I think WC were in for Bolton.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Another terrible game by Shai Bolton against the pears
12 kicks
10 handballs
4 marks
4 tackles
1 goal
9 contested poss
6 CL
480mtrs gained
86% DE
79% game time

Another terrible game by Shai Bolton against the pears
12 kicks
10 handballs
4 marks
4 tackles
1 goal
9 contested poss
6 CL
480mtrs gained
86% DE
79% game time

But he only plays well when the Tigers are dominating.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If he left he'd be worth 2 first rounders

Many club's would probably pay that. I wouldn't, unless the picks in the teens..

Said before, he is worth more to a team about to or currently contending like The Bulldogs or Eagles, rather than a still rebuilding team like Freo.

Brander And The Eagles 1st and 3rd round picks for Bolton (give or take a pick or so either way) would be a starting point for me in negotiations if Bolton wanted to go home to WA and the Eagles.

I think he stay loyal to the Tigers though.

Very strong draft this year, especially with mids.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
The guys next contract is going to be in the upper echelon of AFL player payments... be interesting to see how Richmond fit it in under the salary cap.

Perhaps shai and his manager know this and are looking to see what else is outthere

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The guys next contract is going to be in the upper echelon of AFL player payments... be interesting to see how Richmond fit it in under the salary cap.

Perhaps shai and his manager know this and are looking to see what else is outthere
He will sign 2-3 years at $550k a year would be worth $700k to another club

Players take 20% less to stay at Richmond

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

Definitely one we should back end given our retirements over the next few years.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Andrew Embley was talking about him on Triple M perth at the weekend. He said he was worth an early second rounder in a trade.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
He is a gun so slick out of stoppages.

Yeah he plays very well when Richmond are winning, when they are losing/struggling, not so much.

And I don't think he was that particularly good tonight against mediocre opposition either.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Yeah he plays very well when Richmond are winning, when they are losing/struggling, not so much.

And I don't think he was that particularly good tonight against mediocre opposition either.
Agree - 1st quarter was red hot and he had 1 kick. Tiger posted his stats last week and wasn’t named in the best or got coaches votes in their loss. Must go to a good team if he leaves.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

He gave away 3 goals when he could have taken a shot himself not to mention countless times he won a 50/50 contest to get the ball richmond way
Not many 22 year olds are showing what he is.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils

Not sure I buy into that as you could make that case with a lot of players, example when Richmond lose rarely does Dustin Martin play well.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Andrew Embley was talking about him on Triple M perth at the weekend. He said he was worth an early second rounder in a trade.

Andrew Embley either has had to many blows to the head or the saying is true about when you join the media your brain turns to s**t. People saying Bolton plays well only when we are winning dont watch tiger games. This kid is a jet and I'm stoked he 100% will be staying for another 2 years

Back