Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is quite good friends with Tyler Brockman and I know we were quite keen on him a year or two ago.
Would be a great person for us to chase if he were to go on the market but I can't see him leaving the Tiggies.

Shai Bolton is a gun, no way I could see the Tigers letting him go.

Must go to a good club - when Tigers struggle he completely disappears.
Tigers struggled tonight and got comprehensively beaten on all lines - EXCEPT Shai Bolton
28 disposals
9 marks
4 tackles
1 goal
510 mtrs

Last edited by a moderator:
Tigers struggled tonight and got comprehensively beaten on all lines - EXCEPT Shai Bolton
28 disposals
9 marks
4 tackles
1 goal
510 mtrs
Was good in the 2nd half but gee did be butcher it in the 1st. Meters gained by opposition after his possession would make an interesting stat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was good in the 2nd half but gee did be butcher it in the 1st. Meters gained by opposition after his possession would make an interesting stat.
But doesnt that highlight the point you made that i highlighted ?

You claim that he goes missing when richmond dont play well
Last night you claim he was only good in the 2nd half but the way the game was played Richmond were good in the 1st half and were under pressure and not going too well in the 2nd half. But Shai dominated in the 2nd half meaning he was better when Richmond were not as good and Shai was the player that stood up when Dusty went off and Richmond were losing.

which is it ?

Given Cotch cant get near it, Edwards is aging although not slowing down, Prestia cant play a full season and Dusty more damaging playing fwd / mid, there is no way Shai is let go easily, even if he wants out.

These rubbish posts sprouting 2nd rounders etc are embarrassing. This kid would fetch a top 10 pick alllllll day every day. That said we would need a ready made replacement rather than a pick.

Easily our best young player.

Given Cotch cant get near it, Edwards is aging although not slowing down, Prestia cant play a full season and Dusty more damaging playing fwd / mid, there is no way Shai is let go easily, even if he wants out.

These rubbish posts sprouting 2nd rounders etc are embarrassing. This kid would fetch a top 10 pick alllllll day every day. That said we would need a ready made replacement rather than a pick.

Easily our best young player.
Then pay him.

It's that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we would have to even if it meant losing someone else or forcing a retirement.
Who would be falling out the other side of the bed?

That might be where the value is, because I agree, there wouldn't be a football reason to not keep your talent. Although Richmond has been bleeding talent for years as they are picked off with market value contracts elsewhere.

Who would be falling out the other side of the bed?

That might be where the value is, because I agree, there wouldn't be a football reason to not keep your talent. Although Richmond has been bleeding talent for years as they are picked off with market value contracts elsewhere.

We havent lost much really, they have all been fringe players. We havent lost a genuinely really good player of note and that is squarely where Shai sits.

Clubs rarely lose a player of this talent unless its for say, "go home factor" for which the $$$ we offer wont matter

Let's say it's a hypothetical offer of $700,000 a year for four years.

Can Richmond afford that?
Considering richmond were in conversation with Brad Crouch last year , Then Higgins deciding to leave at the last minute
I would say easily.

Also if there is a $700k offer for four years he would rather accept $600k from his own club and stay with his mates (its only $50k after tax)

Would need to be a Brad Hill type $900k x 6/7 year deal to move him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back