Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I was thinking of his salary cap space but I think if he goes this year it'll be a choice, not a shove
Yeah he won't get pushed out. He's the sort that would take way unders to stay. Only needs another 40 odd games to sit 2nd for games played for RFC behind KB. Think he'll do it.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Edwards is an amazing player , Very similar to Burgoyne , Simson , Boak etc getting better as he gets older and is extremely durable
I can see him playing until 35/36 years of age and play 350 games

Agree I can see him sticking around for when we start to rebuild.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Hawthorn would be all over him with the capability to pay him what he wants.
Not sure we would be, he is an elite talent but even if we convinced him to come Richmond would be demanding our first to be in the deal. I think we would be hesitant to do that unless we finish the year strongly and have that pick closer to pick 10 than it is to pick 1.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not sure we would be, he is an elite talent but even if we convinced him to come Richmond would be demanding our first to be in the deal. I think we would be hesitant to do that unless we finish the year strongly and have that pick closer to pick 10 than it is to pick 1.

Whats the odds you find a better player in the draft with a top 5 pick

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I don’t think we should... Which was my entire point
I dont think you could is my point , Shai if he was to leave would go to WA and wouldnt leave to another Vic club for $$$
Richmond will be paying him roughly $2.2 mil for 4 years and that would be roughly $150k less a year (before tax) less than another club and players dont leave their clubs for that.

As i mentioned earlier it would need to be a significant increase to move him.

By the way what does the BJK stand for ?

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
If Cerra wants out of Freo and Bolton wants out of Richmond for money, that could be the crux of a deal.
Bolton will be a top five player in the comp by the end of the year. Cerra isn’t even top five at Freo.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Can't see him leaving, He is playing his best footy in our structure.

I think the Tigers will give him a good contract close to market value.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bolton will be a top five player in the comp by the end of the year. Cerra isn’t even top five at Freo.
Richmond fans make me laugh on this thread. On one hand Bolton is one of the best players in the league. But on the other hand they will pay him as if he is the 100th best player in the league or worse. According to Richmond fans, If any other club wants him they will need to pay $700k per annum at least. (Probably more IMO)
But Richmond fans are happy for him to be underpaid by $200k per annum to continue playing for them. Over 4 year contract that might be $700-800k that Shai is “donating” to the Richmond salary cap.
Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond fans make me laugh on this thread. On one hand Bolton is one of the best players in the league. But on the other hand they will pay him as if he is the 100th best player in the league or worse. According to Richmond fans, If any other club wants him they will need to pay $700k per annum at least. (Probably more IMO)
But Richmond fans are happy for him to be underpaid by $200k per annum to continue playing for them. Over 4 year contract that might be $700-800k that Shai is “donating” to the Richmond salary cap.
Go figure 🤷‍♂️
Well I don’t know what we can afford but I’d be comfortable with giving him $800k.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Guess what Dockeroo - Keep laughing as the joke is on you

Richmond did exactly the same thing with Dusty
When other teams were offering him $700k-$750k Richmond gave him $500k and held their ground and Carr shopped him around but Richmond said sure but this is our club and this is how we do things.

Guess who signed onto later get paid 1 of the biggest deals in history whilst still leaving $300k a year on the table. Richmond will pay him 'fair value' it wont be the highest and far from it but Shai will resign with Richmond for unders and watching the game tonight you can just feel the bond he has at the club.

So yes Shai will donate $200k ($100k after tax) to stay at Richmond like Dusty is donating $300k+ and Vlastuin is donating $200k and grimes is donating $200k

Why you ask , Because WE WIN PREMIERSHIPS

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I dont think you could is my point , Shai if he was to leave would go to WA and wouldnt leave to another Vic club for $$$
Richmond will be paying him roughly $2.2 mil for 4 years and that would be roughly $150k less a year (before tax) less than another club and players dont leave their clubs for that.

As i mentioned earlier it would need to be a significant increase to move him.

By the way what does the BJK stand for ?
He’s worth $750k -$800k per year on a 4 year deal. (That’s what quite a few other clubs would pay him.)
You think he’s only worth $550k. Why the hell would he work for almost a million dollars less over the next 4 years?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He’s worth $750k -$800k per year on a 4 year deal. (That’s what quite a few other clubs would pay him.)
You think he’s only worth $550k. Why the hell would he work for almost a million dollars less over the next 4 years?

No i dont think he is worth that but he will sign for around that range.

Read my post above if you want the answer to why he would sign for less
Vlastuin - accepted less
Grimes - " " "
Riewoldt - as above

Lynch took less to come to Richmond

Players take less to play for clubs when winning flags as the Hawks, Cats , Lions teams did during their multiple flag winning years

If ever fremantle gets to win a flag you will see the same happen there but until then you will have players like Cerra getting offered the biggest $$$ from their own club but will still need to think about signing.

Richmond win flags (read my sig)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lol what?? He has 4 coaches votes and Cerra 5. Top 5 in the comp is an embarrassing statement.
Did you watch the game tonight ?

Tigers were down by 19 points at half time

Guess who stepped up and dominated the game and got his team over the line

Still think he is no good unless the tigers are winning ?

Back