Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

I suggested it when shawie got the gig, would be a perfect mentor for him.

I can't imagine bringing anyone in being a poor idea, we look undermanned as a club right now.

What's obvious is this; the playing list is the worst part of it. They are clueless, inept, skilless, the fact I can name 10 players to cut says it all.

Rawlings is going to crucify this list and then we'll see what Shaw is really made of as a coach.

After all is said and done, with the revised “Soft Cap”, can we afford him?

They improve our existing 22 significantly, only a football moron would claim otherwise.

Do you think this club can endure another 4 years of this? I have some ****ing news for you in that case.
No they don’t. Brad is ok but Matt is an absolute nothing player.

Only a certified moron would think otherwise.

And going after Brad is stupid. He’ll want close to 600k and that gives Adelaide the number 2 pick. So we pick up an average player and Adelaide get a young gun.

You really have no clue.

Last edited:

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have a good 23 and under core, so not all is lost
LDU
Simpkin
TT
Bonar
Ahern (Probs the most skilful kick on our list)
W Walker
Curtis Taylor
Zurhaar
Larkey
Comben
Perez
Mahony
Bailey
Xerri
2 first round picks to come
Ahern was looking good, but its been a long time since that West Coast game. He looks to be going the Bmac route - not Ben McKay but Bread McKenzie - lovely kick, slow and can't get the ball though.

We haven't even seen Comben and Perez play, can't say whether they're going to be good players.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I think we all need to take a chill pill and have faith in Brady Rawlings, he built an amazing list at the eagles.

We have plenty on the books from the Scott era that will be cleaned out at the end of the year and besides the short turn around, that's why they're playing tonight. I think Shaw wants to see if Durdin can cut it etc.

On a positive, LDU will be our next superstar that we haven't had since Carey. We've had some very good players, but not one superstar. The way he moves through the packs is Chris Judd like.
Brady Rawlings was appointed as list manager AFTER they had played in a grand final. He didn't build the list.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still with the 'great wins of 2019' line ....cranking it up that our 12th placed position last year was really... 'better than what it was....we really are a top 8 side....' nonsense.

You have to get over it - sh*t teams can play the occasional good games - especially with a new coach - it happens every year and that's what we did and that's why I said we would finish 12th this year.

And we have regressed more than I thought - we are bottom 2-4 side now. Either we rebuild heavily as I said we needed to do 3 years ago ...or we will be the Adelaide of 2020 in 2023.

The time for wishful thinking and 'retrospectively rationalising' is over - it's time to accept we are no good and forge a path forward from here.

Our 12th placed finish was solely because of a game plan created by the coach who was sacked. We flogged good teams who had a lot to play for.

"And we have regressed more than I thought we would have"

Now that I can agree on.

Petracca - pick 2
Oliver - pick 4
LDU - pick 4

We need top end talent, trading for them has failed.

im done with mid table finishes.

As painful as it is, the pointy end of the draft is our only hope.

It's no sure bet, but the safe bet, to languish, for another decade....not really anyone's idea of a good time either.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Between 1964 and 1973 as a kid wins were hard to come by. Most were celebrated like a flag. Modern AFL set-up makes it even harder for us " minnows "

Rhyce been handed a basket-case.

Youse blokes used to good times keep the faith. We will get there.
I picked you at early 30s!

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I had us pencilled in for 12th this season (and alot on here were happy to question my judgement pre season so plenty of BF posters were enjoying the crank as well) and now I have been proven overly optimistic. I was never sure why people were so bullish on us - blind optimism no doubt.

We are a bottom 2-4 side, old, slow, no leadership and poorly skilled.

I think everyone can now see what I have been banging about for weeks/months/years on here - we need to hit the draft hard with multiple selections in the top 30.

There is no other alternative than to bringing in 20 new players over the next 3 years in aggregate and rebuilding the list from the ground up.

New leadership is required and by what I have seen of Shawry he needs to show alot more to get a contract extension.

Brady is the man to turn this around - we need to give him the ammunition.

would hope that Brady has a view on the coach at the end of the year as well and is prepared to pull the trigger if he considers we have made a mistake.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
i include Higgins in that middling crowd. Honestly, for all the talk of him being a rolls royce, I have never been inspired.

Same as Dal. So many cheap possessions

They improve our existing 22 significantly, only a football moron would claim otherwise.

Do you think this club can endure another 4 years of this? I have some ****ing news for you in that case.
Actually, I know why you’d like Matt. Cause he’s a lot like you, all quantity over quality.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
would hope that Brady has a view on the coach at the end of the year as well and is prepared to pull the trigger if he considers we have made a mistake.
He may have but we wont be paying out Shawry after we just paid Bard out. Shaw is the coach for 2021 even if we lose all our games by 10 goals.

Shawry has 12 months from here to show us he has what it takes to be a senior coach.

I expect Clarkson to be available in 12 months time but I dont want to go there now - I want to see Shawry show us something re his credentials.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
what are people talking about? I'd absolutely have the crouches. We'd be competitive instantly

Shinboner '07

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very sad and dark times ahead. FULL REBUILD required. It’s evident now that we should’ve let go of Goldstein and Higgins last year when they got offers. Our promising second half of last season gave us false hope. McMillan ats wood garner durdin and probably about 10 more are done. Reece has some big decisions to make at the end of this season

Where's this so called gameplan Shaw is providing? All I see is a clusterfu** with zero structure.

We are so defensive, that when we get a turnover no one is forward of the ball carrier 90% of the time

Its a sh*t sandwich and not one player knows what is expected except LMac. The single positive of the season. Yes, single positive.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The number of times we brought the ball out of D50 and had them split open was laughable. The only thing preventing us from making it a contest tonight was us. Shite foot skills and fumbling the ball when one touch play was required. Our minds have played enough football to be able to hit passes under zero pressure, yet the had more turnovers than an Austrian bakery.

My view is that Shaw knows 2020 is a bust and he's taking the opportunity to grade his cattle. He's just working out which ones are headed to the knackery.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back