Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally as much as I hate everything about losing and the draft and the way it works (rewarding weak teams on the field with good young talent) it looks like we are really doing a proper rebuild. We may even get rid of some players who still have some value too. Playing the young players , which we are doing , will see us lose quite a few games and badly some weeks . But our time of not bottoming out and being too competitive and finishing mid table has to stop. We need a team that can win a Premiership .I feel everyone's angst but it is time that we dive deep , maybe even for 3 years, and get young players in who are skilled and high end.
Go The Mighty Roos

Exactly. Tonight another clear example of why we need to trade brown for a reasonable offer. He will just waste the second half of his career with us.
Dude - one of the positives about such an inept effort is that people will now understand this is the only way forward for us - multiple picks inside over consecutive years.

When the sky falls in as it did tonite then all options must be on the table.

I expect to get less push back on these thoughts than I have over the past 3 years.

-One of the most lacklustre performances in recent memory. Our skills were atrocious. Jy, Froggy, Anderson, Hall missing easy handballs and kicks.

-Majak looked tired but so does the whole team.

-Durdin. You can understand why he hasn’t been playing. Some of his efforts were poor.

-LDU did some nice things. Keep playing.

-Larkey 4 goals from limited opportunities = class.

-More injuries.

-Outstanding by LMAC. Kudos to him.

-Tarrant. Thank you from all of us. Warrior. Never gives up.

-McKay wasn’t his best game but I see potential. Midfield turnovers didn't help him.

-Melbourne feasting on the carcass in the last. Top 4 team would have belted us from quarter 1.

-Again Shawry threw the magnets around with Goldy on the wing but it didn’t work.

-Bonar did some good things but then got injuries.

-Zurhaar tackle on sparrow was 90s like but that was it.

-Can’t win a game with 5 goals. Scoring has been a huge issue this season.

-Thankfully that is over. Next week: Brisbane by 60+.

-I wonder if we will hear from our chairman….mmmm.

- Still can't get a win at Adelaide oval!
You won't hear from the Chairmen or the CEO well that's it for this year

Does Shaw need help?

Do we need to bring in someone more attacking minded to help him?

Mate, right now he's at least two LINE coaches short, before even considering some kind of mentor. Of course he needs help. We're already one of the poorer clubs in the league, and COVID has forced us to trim non existant fat.

Positives:

• Jmac very good today and has been one of the few shining lights of recent. 2 efforts that directly stopped and created a score.
  • Lmac B.O.G.
  • Tarrant rock solid as always.
  • Larkey very good as well considering the shitful delivery.
  • Dumont solid from the spread.
  • LDU very good
  • Walker did what was asked and brought the ball to ground. Went forward and back too.
  • Bonar looked alright until he got injured.
  • Higgins tried to create.
Negatives:
  • Jy. Inexcusable disposal.
  • Pittard. Didn't do much. Barely noticed him.
  • Polec. Defensively he is a liability. Doesn't like to hit the contests hard. Needs a rocket. Question marks have to be raised to his impact offensively.
  • Hall. Besides a good couple of plays in between, basically gets let down by thinking too much. Hesitates way too often and it is a direct detriment to his ball use. North personified right now.
  • Atley. His role is unknown.
  • Durdin. His selection was questionable and it proved to be ineffective.
  • Shaw. Questionable selection and questionable game plan tonight. Melbourne were prepared to go all out, we weren't.
Melbourne just needed to get it out the back and they were away. Did Shaw not notice we had to do the same as well? They were leaving their man deliberately to get numbers forward. Scoring 35 points against a team defensively inept once it gets on the outside is horrendous. Regardless of the short break, they broke us wide open and we gave up.

So, out of today's game you found 9 positives and 7 negatives... you are kidding yourself!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw: Our display tonight wasn’t acceptable. It wasn’t up to standard.

Shaw: The first quarter was on our terms, but we went away from our plan after that.

Shaw: We’re at a point now where it is unacceptable, and our fans and members need to know that. There’s 6 games to go. We’re going to find out a lot about our list. But I’m not going to give up.

Shaw: It’s been a rough year, and we’ve had a horror run with injuries. We’ve taken a few more on tonight as well.

Shaw: It was carnage at the end with bodies. Walker, Tarrant and Daw had corks, Jed took a knock to the eye, and Bonar has hurt his shoulder.

Shaw: The message to the players was that it wasn’t acceptable and it’s not what we’re about as a footy club. I expect to see some fight and adherence as a response. Our young guys are going to get plenty of opportunity in the next few weeks.

Dude - one of the positives about such an inept effort is that people will now understand this is the only way forward for us - multiple picks inside over consecutive years.

When the sky falls in as it did tonite then all options must be on the table.

I expect to get less push back on these thoughts than I have over the past 3 years.

We flogged Richmond, Collingwood, Port Adelaide, St Kilda and came mighty close against Brisbane this time last year.

People can cry about the 'necessity' of rebuilding but I find it incredibly hard to believe that we can turn out this tripe and have it passed off as not trying to win because our list is bottom 3. It sounds like a scramble to retrospectively rationalise a complete * up of a year.

Shameful indeed.
Hard to know what to say, but I imagine the architects of our genuine tank-worthy selections (Durdin, Pittard, LOTGs) and player positioning (higgins absent from all centre bounces, goldy on a wing, pittard forward) will take comfort from their devious work going un-noticed behind the horror show that is our deplorable, lol-worthy skills.

I said in the GTD this was the worst skilled game I'd seen in 10 years. Make it 20.

We're so, so far away from it. Anyone who doesn't think we need to secure and then nail 4-5 top-10 & another 5-6 top 30 picks to revive ourselves isn't watching the same team I am.
Complete overhaul is an understatement and it needs to be sustained and BRUTAL. For now, I'm hoping / assuming Shaw knows this and is eyeballing everyone he can before the serious cull begins.

Should be locked into our long term plans:
LDU, Larkey, Bonar, Scott, Zurhaar, McKay, Hayden, Jy, WW, Taylor, LMac, TT.

Hopeful but jury is still out:
Comben, Perez, Mahoney, Crocker, Xerri, MacGuinness, Hosie, Murphy, EVW.

Shouldn't be in our long term plans:
Durdin, Atley, Hall, Pittard, Walker, Daw, Williams, Anderson, Jacobs, Garner, Dumont, Ahern, Tyson, Wood, Campbell, JMac, Turner.

Played in the wrong era:
Higgins, Ziebell, Tarrant, Cunnington, Goldy.

Have currency so trade options should be considered:
Brown, Polec.

The long game must start now.
Don't agree with how you've catergorized all those players, but agree wholeheartedly with the general sentiment (though I think smart trading + Free Agency can pick up some drafting slack).

One team had a system and the other did not.

10 goals, and it should have been 100+ points in a shortened game of football.

Rhyce would want to have this game plan dialed in by round 1 next year, or he won't see out the season.
you Now know why Clarkson, Longmire, and Simpson didn't want the job at North

Stood underneath the coaches box for the last five minutes after spending the first 16 mins at ground level

yelled out to Brady and co - it’s bullshit we’ve spent a decade and never won at AO - there’s no leadership it’s ******* quiet atground. Level no direction. Cut the fat sort it out. A decade without awin at Adelaide oval. Sort it out now!
Only to be waved away by one of the assistants

I’m ******* over our ineptness
Ha, now I know what you look like! We spoke on the way out.

Surely you aren’t a north supporter? I haven’t seen a more pessimistic north “supporter” in my lifetime!
He's not a North supporter any more. He's just suffering from sunk cost fallacy and can't let go, so rather than step back would rather we burn the club down and relocate.

I would love to know what the conversation was at the team meeting.

Gawn is out, let’s exploit it.

I know, let’s put the number 1 ruckman In the league on the wing.

FFS that is desperate under 13 level s**t. The whole coaching group should be suspended for 2 weeks for that decision. Let Taz take over and play a Captain Coach.

Worst year to be on the bottom of the ladder btw

All the draft picks have played no footy this year! It’s going to be a complete and utter sh*t show. Even if we get a good player he’s going to be injured the first 3-4 years with a entire year of no conditioning
Hopefully they all start preseason now and then do another pre season with the team, that way they would be ahead of the curve.
Only issue is all the Gyms are closed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back