Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

pathetic effort from the players, outworked everywhere, lack of run to provide options.

Only positives were good games from LDU and Larkey, and McDonald continued his run of good form.

Bonar was also looking good, but as always happens to us, any young player showing promise gets injured...

For anyone who did not watch tonight, I cannot understate how pathetic we were.

3 of our goals were in the 1st quarter when we were receiving absolutely everything from the umpires and the Dees genuinely looked like they thought they had no chance to win.

So many missed targets, you would have thought that we were playing in a hurricane.

Unsure we've played that badly in... I seriously cannot recall when the last time we played that badly was!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who heard and spoke to good sources, we were pretty busy cranking ourselves off in the off-season.

"Can't wait for the season to start", "everything has changed" and lots of not so subtle digs at the former staff.

I was sucked in by our run of games in 2019 and I'm telling you so were they. I posted here post Swans that i hoped we had more upour sleeves than simply trying to beat up the opposition.

I'm concerned now. Various extenuating circumstances aside we look disorganised, unrecognisable week to week with players falling apart mentally and physically. Baffling selections.

Covid? Yeh, for 17 other clubs too.

I was sold but as inferred elsewhere, for every Paul Roos there's a Jeff Gieschen. * me.

Dumont and Jed cannot play in the same midfield. Ever. Pick one and make a tough call on the other.

Forwards were pathetic: presenting nothing forward of the ball and directly caused many deer in headlights moments.

McDonald and Larkey hold your head up high.

This is ugly. We were TRYING to win today and this is what they dished up.

The only game worth Winning for the rest of the year and we didn't even do that.
That might be the worst game i have seen us play.
Melbourne is rubbish and yet we got outplayed all over the park.

Hall Stupid footballer, had an OK patch in the 3rd otherwise nothing.
Atley Offers ZERO,
Jmac Same old
Pittard providing little
Simpkin kicking is beyond a joke
Jed kicking is terrible
Scott field kicking is under par
Mahoney very soft and weak at the contest, stupid little handballs that you can see coming from 100 meters away.
Zurhaar get it together mate, kicking terrible, 3-4 shots at goal for no result.
Dumont Kicking is no where near it.
Durdin Mate... wtf.
Mckay weak efforts all game.

Goldy, Lmac, Larkey, Tarrant only ones who can be happy with their games.

Massive clean out needed at the end of the year.

Started pretty well!..........

.......that's about it.

Larkey well done and he tries so hard. Beautiful set shot.

LMac kept up great form.

LDU MASSIVELY great signs, fantastic and smooth 1st half.

Tarrant so composed under heat as always.

Durdin - sorry, I think you should be delisted. (along with others)

Simpkin - surely injured as shanking kicks and looks so slow. He'll come good I'm sure.

Hall - I've backed you in but jeez you've tested my patience tonight.

I hope the coaches know what they're doing.

We are a long way off at the moment, even knowing injuries (as Melb did), but that was a very poor game of football.

melbourne are the make a wish kids of the AFL. nothing they won't get away with or be gifted out of nowhere. we played like s**t but they couldn't even put us away until we had one on the bench, they're going nowhere. healy can talk them up all he wants they're not getting anywhere near finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back