Solved Shanann Watts - American Murder: The Family Next Door

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Someone tell me if they see a ponytail on this from the neighbours cam on the night of the murders, coz I cant for the life of me, just looks like motion blur to me, but there are some who say they can. I think its just a case of people seeing what they want to see however and a massive stretch.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.42.44 am.png

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Someone tell me if they see a ponytail on this from the neighbours cam on the night of the murders, coz I cant for the life of me, just looks like motion blur to me, but there are some who say they can. I think its just a case of people seeing what they want to see however and a massive stretch.

View attachment 1306925
No way I can tell anything from that image

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
No way I can tell anything from that image

here's the video, I love how she is so confident this is indisputable evidence, I commented : "lol, this video is a stretch and a half. Act like you have undeniable proof and you've got a blurry image that nobody can positively identity . The mind sees what it wants to see"

she commented back and then linked me to that post like it was further proof, lel.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
and im sure the cops investigated where the red car came from, no doubt it was the neighbours (just for reference Nichol drives a white four wheel drive)

although I do admit I found it pretty weird how both Watts car and the red one look to start and move at exactly the same time.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Youre probably all sick of me by now but ill post this anyway....I did some more Chris Watts investigation this arvo ive realised there is no way he planned these murders 4 weeks out like he claims, that phone call on Sunday with Kessinger ABSOLUTELY was the trigger to all this.

I watched a video that went over every sms, phone call record and internet search Chris, Shannan and Nichol made in that two month time period
the interesting timestamps relating to this below are: 1:30:55 (@ 11:30 pm on Friday before the murders on Monday- Shannan searching the internet for Aspen getaway sends Chris link which Chris opens) 1:33:05 (@ 11:18 am on Saturday before the murders on Monday -Chris searches Aspen activities)

Watts got an sms on the Friday night approx 2 days before the murders from Shannan while she was away on a business trip talking how they should go away for a week and get couples counselling in Aspen, Watts said he would do it and opened a link Shannan sent, him, the next day approx 12 hours after Shanann sent Watts the link, Watts googled activities to do in Aspen and places without being prompted to do so, of his own volition ...hmmmmm.... there is no way someone who is planning to murder his family Monday morning two days later when she returned from her business trip is googling activities and places to stay if he knows they are going to be dead before they go to Aspen.

That Sunday 110 minute phone call with Nichol on the night Shannan returned home was absolutely vital in all this. Not a doubt in my mind.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Youre probably all sick of me by now but ill post this anyway....I did some more Chris Watts investigation this arvo ive realised there is no way he planned these murders 4 weeks out like he claims, that phone call on Sunday with Kessinger ABSOLUTELY was the trigger to all this.

I watched a video that went over every sms, phone call record and internet search Chris, Shannan and Nichol made in that two month time period
the interesting timestamps relating to this below are: 1:30:55 (@ 11:30 pm on Friday before the murders on Monday- Shannan searching the internet for Aspen getaway sends Chris link which Chris opens) 1:33:05 (@ 11:18am on Saturday before the murders on Monday -Chris searches Aspen activities)

Watts got an sms on the Friday night approx 2 days before the murders from Shannan while she was away on a business trip talking how they should go away for a week and get couples counselling in Aspen, Watts said he would do it and opened a link Shannan sent, him, lthe next day approx 12 hours after Shanann send Watts the link, Watts googled activities to do in Aspen and places without being prompted to do so, of his own volition ...hmmmmm.... there is no way someone who is planning to murder his family Monday morning two days later when she returned from her business trip is googling activities and places to stay if he knows they are going to be dead before they go to Aspen.

That Sunday 110 minute phone call with Nichol on the night Shannan returned home was absolutely vital in all this. Not a doubt in my mind.

He tells Nicole hes going to Aspen with Shannen, Nicole gets mad and demands action, or else, so chris then gets desperate ??

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
He tells Nicole hes going to Aspen with Shannen, Nicole gets mad and demands action, or else, so chris then gets desperate ??

yep, I think youre about spot on. She said she wasn't going to be the side chick anymore. Something like that.

I just remembered another thing too that I was trying to piece together, when in Nth Carolina, Chris left a note with his parents that said, "if I go missing look into Shannan" (this was about two weeks after he started his relationship with Nichol).... I think this relates to my original theory, him planning to runaway with Nichol, that was his first idea, but he hadn't run it past her yet, and she said no when he got back. He was putting something place in case he vanished with her.

yep, I think youre about spot on. She said she wasn't going to be the side chick anymore. Something like that.

I just remembered another thing too that I was trying to piece together, when in Nth Carolina, Chris left a note with his parents that said, "if I go missing look into Shannan" (this was about two weeks after he started his relationship with Nichol).... I think this relates to my original theory, him planning to runaway with Nichol, that was his first idea, but he hadn't run it past her yet, and she said no when he got back. He was putting something place in case he vanished with her.

It's difficult for me to fathom how fast this all happened. How can a relationship that's only two weeks old have become so dangerous? Really .. two weeks?

View attachment 1306925

I can see it in the middle image, not the first one with the red outline.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
It's difficult for me to fathom how fast this all happened. How can a relationship that's only two weeks old have become so dangerous? Really .. two weeks?

there was talk of them being seen having private convos at work back at the start of May IIRC. They are only admitted it started in the early part of June becoz the email train between the two of them caught them out

Then there is also the VERY WEIRD fact that Nichol googled Shannan 11 months prior to the murders happening in September 2017, and googled Chris in January before starting work there March. Very strange, no proof of sms or anything else that im aware of tho.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
there was talk of them being seen having private convos at work back at the start of May IIRC. They are only admitted it started in the early part of June becoz the email train between the two of them caught them out

Then there is also the VERY WEIRD fact that Nichol googled Shannan 11 months prior to the murders happening in September 2017, and googled Chris in January before starting work there March. Very strange, no proof of sms or anything else that im aware of tho.
Now that is the most sus thing ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

WTF? I didn't realise she hadn't been working there yet. Did she like scope out the job and apply there because of Chris?

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
WTF? I didn't realise she hadn't been working there yet. Did she like scope out the job and apply there because of Chris?

thats what im thinking, perhaps researched him , worked out what he liked/hobbies etc, where he worked, then just turned up at his job one day and thats why Chris fell head over heels so quickly, thought he'd found his soul mate.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
First they said the search in Nichol's phone for Shannan in September 2017 was a typo, later admitting that it in fact wasn't and it was correct

NKs 2017 searches have been confirmed. It is not a typo.
renderTimingPixel.png

DA Rourke corrects Purcell on her mistakenly calling NKs 2017 search a typo...
"The dates to which you are referring — in 2017 where it appears she Googled or otherwise searched Shannan — was data that came off her phone,” Rourke said.
“It’s not a typographical error in the report. [The detectives] are reporting what was contained in the data from her phone. I don’t know the answer to the question of why or how those dates ended up in her phone.”
Asked if the District Attorney’s office questioned or planned to question Kessinger about data suggesting she was aware of Chris and Shanann Watts for up to a year before the murders, Rourke said that Chris Watts’ guilty plea precluded any need to further probe the results of the forensic analysis of Kessinger’s phone. We did not get to the point in our investigation of attempting to independently verify that (meaning the dates on the searches) or not because Chris Watts pled guilty,” Rourke said.
"When you ask me if I have verified that information, the answer to your question is no. Nichol Kessinger told us that she met and started the relationship with the defendant in 2018. So where that anomaly in the data comes from, I can’t answer it for you. I don’t know the answer to it.”
“I have absolutely no reason to investigate Nichol Kessinger at this point in time,” he said.”This is not a witch hunt.”
“My job is to investigate and prosecute who was responsible for the deaths of Shannon, Bella, Celeste, and Nico. We have done that. I have no information nor any belief that any other criminal defendant is out there who is responsible for their death in any way, shape, or form.”

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

I remember reading that Nicole googled Shannan quite some time before the affair and thinking that it was really suspicious. I also thought it was bizarre that it was never really brought up, mentioned or investigated. Ive always felt that there was more to this than has been said and that the investigation seemed to overlook certain evidence in regards to Nicole. I mentioned this early on and got blasted, fair enough, but it doesnt change my mind.
IMHO some thing is just not right !!

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I remember reading that Nicole googled Shannan quite some time before the affair and thinking that it was really suspicious. I also thought it was bizarre that it was never really brought up, mentioned or investigated. Ive always felt that there was more to this than has been said and that the investigation seemed to overlook certain evidence in regards to Nicole. I mentioned this early on and got blasted, fair enough, but it doesnt change my mind.
IMHO some thing is just not right !!

all spot on and completely agree, who deletes their phone on the day of the murders, sends an sms telling Chris to do the same, googles stuff like "how long do phone companies keep deleted texts?" etc if they havent got something to hide.

Cops even tell her in the opening interview "anyone who deletes their phone in our experience has something big to hide" ..yet nothing seems to come of this

I actually have the theory this was just Nichol wondering if cops are going to be able to retrieve nudes of her, she was embarrassed. Coz she googled something like "difference between message content and message text" around the same time she deleted her phone too.

But its another very sketchy thing that we dont really have an answer to.

Nichol not being able to remember what they talked about (no report on it also) for 110 minutes approx 3 hours before Chris murdered Shannan is the dodgiest thing ever, given she was able to remember convos and dates from things 2 months ago.

Last edited:
here's the video, I love how she is so confident this is indisputable evidence, I commented : "lol, this video is a stretch and a half. Act like you have undeniable proof and you've got a blurry image that nobody can positively identity . The mind sees what it wants to see"

she commented back and then linked me to that post like it was further proof, lel.

What a crock of s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back