BIGGS%20Shane.png

H - 187cm
W - 84 kgs
DOB - 5/8/91

Junior Clubs: East Ringwood
Debut: 2013
Recruited from: Sydney Swans
Position : Rebounding defender

Biggs, a rebounding defender, played six games in three seasons at the Swans since he was taken with pick No.13 in the 2012 rookie draft.

The former rookie draft selection was sent to the kennel in the final minutes of this year’s trade period in exchange for pick 37 that the club received from the Bombers for Adam Cooney. To make the deal even sweeter for Dogs list manager Jason McCartney was the inclusion of pick 39 in the deal from the Swans.

“I’m hoping to bring a lot of run, high work rate, and I pride myself on my skills – using the ball well off half-back.

“I’ve loved my time in Sydney, putting myself out of my comfort zone, living away from home up, and giving me the chance to play AFL football.

“But to get the chance to get back with my network of family in friends in Melbourne will mean I lot. I’m look forward to seeing more of them, and hopefully being able to play football in front of them more often.”

The former Sydney Swan is renowned for his strong work ethic and high quality ball use, he should be a welcome recruit to a new look Dogs defense that is craving for some more poise and precise delivery out of the back half of the ground.

Welcome Shane Biggs

Last edited:

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early shout but I'm thinking about Biggs for my DT bench next season

We can call this trade a win by now right?
I'd like to think so. We've traded in a few players over the years who've had one good season then dropped off. But with Boyd and Murphy approaching the end of their careers, Biggs should easily hold the HBF spot :)

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey fellas, don't mean to intrude but looking at Biggs in a fantasy football legacy/draft league. Do you guys think he will be a key rebounder for you guys for the rest of this year and in the future or do you think he'll play a more lock down role? Is he guaranteed games at this point?

Hey fellas, don't mean to intrude but looking at Biggs in a fantasy football legacy/draft league. Do you guys think he will be a key rebounder for you guys for the rest of this year and in the future or do you think he'll play a more lock down role? Is he guaranteed games at this point?

The only way he'll not play is if he is injured, losing JJ & Murph was a huge blow because it meant he had to take on more of a lockdown role as well. We are getting some injured players back so his output should improve from here, but he won't be back to his best until JJ is back into the team in about 6 weeks. Early this season when everyone was fit he was getting 30+ touches

Biggsy's 4th quarter efforts were huge in the game. Got 2 spoils at crucial times leading to Pickens second goal

Back