Toast Shane Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find astounding about all of it is that it is so junior high school. He wants to leave because he has a disagreement with another player, "I'll won't be his friend, if you be my friend", and all in a supposedly professional environment.
Kind of like the same thing that saw mitch clark ostracized from our club despite suffering depression. He said something about someones sister. Pathetic that a number of players turned against him over it.

What I find astounding about all of it is that it is so junior high school. He wants to leave because he has a disagreement with another player, "I'll won't be his friend, if you be my friend", and all in a supposedly professional environment.
There are a surprising number of "professional" environments that are just like this.

Shane Kersten - seems to have his problems at Freo. Anyone recall any issues at Geelong? I do not really recall him doing much at all, was suprised Freo gave him a 3 year contract, but do not recall any perceived attitude issues. Anyone any insight?
Kersten couldn't kick a goal but he had elite running patterns

yeah, interpersonal relationships are complex in any situtations

but then you see the stories of players on great teams who won despite not having good relationships with teammates.
Rodman never spoke to MJ durring the bull years , fair play MJ was an arsehole but it goes to show even in a successful side you can still have disfuntional relationships .

That's not why he did want to leave though? Think it's been pretty well reported that he wanted to play in a city that wasn't as mad about footy, hence choosing Brisbane rather than going back to Adelaide.

Kind of like the same thing that saw mitch clark ostracized from our club despite suffering depression. He said something about someones sister. Pathetic that a number of players turned against him over it.

It really WAS so high-schooly wasn't it? New kid turns up. Says something that ruffles a few feathers. Kids who were already there hate on the new kid.

FFS:rolleyes:

Rodman never spoke to MJ durring the bull years , fair play MJ was an arsehole but it goes to show even in a successful side you can still have disfuntional relationships .

possibly due to his time at the pistons when the pistons were the most hated team in the comp and hugely disliked by their opposition for dirty tactics - roughing up the young and upcoming bulls players.

this is a great watch, you might find it for free...somehwere

possibly due to his time at the pistons when the pistons were the most hated team in the comp and hugely disliked by their opposition for dirty tactics - roughing up the young and upcoming bulls players.

this is a great watch, you might find it for free...somehwere

Wasn’t aware of that

Doesn’t discount that MJ was a total arsehole , but that’s mainly because of how competitive he is I guess.

Wasn’t aware of that

Doesn’t discount that MJ was a total arsehole , but that’s mainly because of how competitive he is I guess.
BJ Armstrong tells the story of MJ just completely mentally destroying him during training sessions. MJ was just unstoppable, but he had a trash talk game that was just savage as well. BJ copped a lot of it cause he had to guard him in scrimages. It was so savage and prolonged that BJ nearly had a breakdown. Nice of your own teammate to do that.

BJ Armstrong tells the story of MJ just completely mentally destroying him during training sessions. MJ was just unstoppable, but he had a trash talk game that was just savage as well. BJ copped a lot of it cause he had to guard him in scrimages. It was so savage and prolonged that BJ nearly had a breakdown. Nice of your own teammate to do that.
I have heard stories of his legendary trash talking , he didn’t just want to beat his opponents he wanted them destroyed.

While his competitive nature is his great strength , it is also his weakness as I felt that a lot of the NBA world at the time did their best to be on his good side because of this.

He wasn’t universally liked as a person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back