No Oppo Supporters Shane Martin home for Christmas

Remove this Banner Ad

So on another note on our wonderful immigration system when they deported dad they dropped him in London with 200 pounds and 3 days accommodation.

He was meant to go to Scotland really haha, but I guess they figured anywhere in the UK was fine.
Another where a Swedish guy was sent back to Sweden. He was one year old when he came to Australia, got involved with drugs/ petty crime and sent 'back'. Didn't speak a word of Swedish, and knew nobody. But lucky he was going to a first world country. There have been instances where repatriation to countries like Iran means you spend the next 10 years in jail, or you just disappear. And if think our Govt. Dept's are fair, ask the parents of any member of the Bali 9 what they think. The Immigration Dept. and the Federal Police knew before they left that these young people were going to Bali to smuggle drugs, knew that they would be caught, and knew they would face the death penalty, yet they let them go.

So on another note on our wonderful immigration system when they deported dad they dropped him in London with 200 pounds and 3 days accommodation.

He was meant to go to Scotland really haha, but I guess they figured anywhere in the UK was fine.

Your dad was a likely terrorist however!!!! Ffs he was a foreigner who jumped the queue!!!! THE QUEUE!!!!!!!!

Your dad was a likely terrorist however!!!! Ffs he was a foreigner who jumped the queue!!!! THE QUEUE!!!!!!!!

Lol. He came here when he was 5 in the early sixties from Scotland :p.

Lol. He came here when he was 5 in the early sixties from Scotland :p.
How can the Government do this sort of thing?

It's disgusting.

In the Immigration Departments Defence, 200 pounds is like 150 grand in Australian Money and even shitty accommodation in London is the price to buy outright a small flat in the Outer Western Suburbs of Melbourne a night.

So they kicked your dad out ?

Yeah. Similar to Dusty's dad he had his visa cancelled under character grounds.
Ive seen braveheart

TERRORIST!!!!!!

:p:D

In the Immigration Departments Defence, 200 pounds is like 150 grand in Australian Money and even shitty accommodation in London is the price to buy outright a small flat in the Outer Western Suburbs of Melbourne a night.

True that, even if it was only for the 3 nights :p.

That’s terrible , so is he ok now over in UK ? So he can never come to oz even for a holiday ?

Can't come back unless laws are changed.

He'll do alright because of who he is. One of those real charming people that get others to do his bidding...

That said, he knows no one over there so it would be daunting. He seems positive, mainly just to be out of Christmas island detention centre...

Not a very PC statement perhaps, but when you read about gangs of migrant thugs hacking people to death with machetes on the street in suburban Melbourne I can understand his sentiment.

When I lived in Port Melbourne a few years ago a man was attacked with a machete in what was later found to a case of “mistaken identity”.

Both guys involved were born and bred aussies. Gang violence and immigration are separate issues.

Don’t confuse the two.

Not a very PC statement perhaps, but when you read about gangs of migrant thugs hacking people to death with machetes on the streets in suburban Melbourne I can understand his sentiment.
He was referring to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany - and I don't recall eany of the Dunera boys being convicted of a machet related cre. As for the gangs roaming the streets with machetes...Well I would advise giving the Herald Sun a rest. It'll just unsettle you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Im coming to Melbourne in January with my wife, should I be packing knives, machetes or just good old Richmond beanies?

Bear in mind I live in France and am surrounded daily by terrorists who want to destroy me, yet here I am, wearing beanies and bouncing all attacks.

Two stories about this Immigration Department that should send a shock up your spine. One I heard first hand from a refugee advocate was about a South Korean girl here on holidays who met a bloke from her country who was on a working visa and fell in love. She followed him to Mildura where he was picking and was staying with him when Immigration raided the place they were staying, saw she didn't have the right visa and , despite the fact that she hadn't been working, shipped her off to Woomera. After six months there she was more than happy to be deported home and, despite the pleas of advocates who were gunning for the cowboys who sent her there (they had form with other cases) she was unwilling to take the matter up in court.

The other was highlighted on the ABC (I think Four Corners from memory) a few years back. A young Vietnamese kid, here from a toddler, only failed to become a citizen because he had left home already when correspondence was sent inviting him to do so. Got in trouble with the cops and was sentenced for a minor crime. He was sent to be deported on character grounds but the Vietnamese refused to take him back. As a consequence he was in limbo, his sentence (a few months) had long expired but he was still in custody several years on and for all I know may still be in prison today.

Another where a Swedish guy was sent back to Sweden. He was one year old when he came to Australia, got involved with drugs/ petty crime and sent 'back'. Didn't speak a word of Swedish, and knew nobody. But lucky he was going to a first world country. There have been instances where repatriation to countries like Iran means you spend the next 10 years in jail, or you just disappear. And if think our Govt. Dept's are fair, ask the parents of any member of the Bali 9 what they think. The Immigration Dept. and the Federal Police knew before they left that these young people were going to Bali to smuggle drugs, knew that they would be caught, and knew they would face the death penalty, yet they let them go.

On the Bali 9, what was galling is that it was government policy that we do not allow dobbing in to the authorities of a country that has death penalty. They should have been arrested while leaving Australia. I hope someone at the Feds walked the plank over that.

About the other posts in this thread, I hope people understand by now that citizenship is something you need to pull your finger out of your ass and get as soon as you qualify (unless you were born here). Otherwise you're not an 'Aussie' in the eyes of the law regardless of your circumstances. And if you're not an Aussie you run the risk of being made an example of whenever the government wants to 'get tough on crime'.

On the Bali 9, what was galling is that it was government policy that we do not allow dobbing in to the authorities of a country that has death penalty. They should have been arrested while leaving Australia. I hope someone at the Feds walked the plank over that.

About the other posts in this thread, I hope people understand by now that citizenship is something you need to pull your finger out of your ass and get as soon as you qualify (unless you were born here). Otherwise you're not an 'Aussie' in the eyes of the law regardless of your circumstances. And if you're not an Aussie you run the risk of being made an example of whenever the government wants to 'get tough on crime'.
Unlikely (see bold), although there was discussion about changing the policy, which I think was defeated. So same old same old.

It amounts to the outsourcing of capital punishment.

Yeah. Similar to Dusty's dad he had his visa cancelled under character grounds.

:p:D

True that, even if it was only for the 3 nights :p.

im an Australian citizen and it took me 9 moths to get home, and I haven't been to jail

to be fair dan, there are plenty of warnings about smuggling drugs and the likely outcomes, why should the Australian authorities arrest them when they left Australia? did they have the drugs on them? or do they arrest them on suspicion that they were going to try and smuggle drugs?

sorry mate but lowlife drug smugglers belong on the end of a rope., nor rewarded like we tend to do in Australia, mind you we celebrate a cop killer here too, and the poor little blond haired miss in Columbia wants this country to bail her out.

fmd the left wing of the labour party is alive and well

to be fair dan, there are plenty of warnings about smuggling drugs and the likely outcomes, why should the Australian authorities arrest them when they left Australia?

Uhhh crime prevention? Maybe the cops could have got them to co-operate and lead them to the supplier? You know catch the big fish who will always find desperate people to prey on?

to be fair dan, there are plenty of warnings about smuggling drugs and the likely outcomes, why should the Australian authorities arrest them when they left Australia? did they have the drugs on them? or do they arrest them on suspicion that they were going to try and smuggle drugs?

sorry mate but lowlife drug smugglers belong on the end of a rope., nor rewarded like we tend to do in Australia, mind you we celebrate a cop killer here too, and the poor little blond haired miss in Columbia wants this country to bail her out.

fmd the left wing of the labour party is alive and well

Great point ... they had no drugs on them, so they have committed no crime until caught in the act.
I agree they could have warned them that they suspected they were up to something, but they'd committed no crime at that point.
I know reading a lot of true crime books, news reports etc., there are numerous instances of blokes being tipped off they were under surveillance or police were about to act, so lay low ..... the crims just go ahead and ignore the warnings anyhows.
There was every likelihood if tipped off, the Bali Nine - or some of them - would have went ahead with things.
But as you say, the warnings are all there for ALL to see.

Great point ... they had no drugs on them, so they have committed no crime until caught in the act.
I agree they could have warned them that they suspected they were up to something, but they'd committed no crime at that point.
I know reading a lot of true crime books, news reports etc., there are numerous instances of blokes being tipped off they were under surveillance or police were about to act, so lay low ..... the crims just go ahead and ignore the warnings anyhows.
There was every likelihood if tipped off, the Bali Nine - or some of them - would have went ahead with things.
But as you say, the warnings are all there for ALL to see.

most of the bleeding hearts, miss the point about them not having committed a crime before they left for bali, suspicion and actually committing a crime are two entirely different things.

some bloke in Germany in the thirties arrested people going on the "vibe"

Uhhh crime prevention? Maybe the cops could have got them to co-operate and lead them to the supplier? You know catch the big fish who will always find desperate people to prey on?

uhh yeah , hey guys you haven't done anything we can hang you on, but we Know youre going to be up to no good so just tell us who the supplier is

uhh yeah , hey guys you haven't done anything we can hang you on, but we Know youre going to be up to no good so just tell us who the supplier is

If they didn't have enough for them to co-operate maybe at least tell the 9 of them they're onto them and stop them from giving hundreds of dollars to a drug syndicate. Or surveil them in Bali and have them unknowingly lead you to the traffickers.

Keep in mind that a concerned family member call the police asking for help. There was nothing stopping the cops from killing the entire deal before they left the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back