Shane Morwood v Harry O’Brien & Crosisca v Ben Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Crosisca first, but am not surprised that Morwood gets the majority of the vote. Both ahead of Lumumba then Johnson, and all behind Heath.

Shane Morwood was all class and romps it in against H, not even a contest. I’m saying Ben over Gavin but I might be being a bit biased because of the other facts that we know about Gavin and his playing days I’m still annoyed at him for what he did.

morwood had exquisite silk , great decision making and time- slowing abilities like Pendlebury. Was the complete ball playing defender in 1990 alongside Christian with the other fiour being brutal fierce hard-men ( crosisca kelly gayfer kerrison) .

Crosisca was one sided but extremely tenacious and a good long clearing kick. Rough but with a balanced temperament. Ferocious tackler. Not sure how often he played CHF but kicked two goals playing there one day in October 1990!!!!

Loved watching Harry. Chase ball win ball avoid tackle run with ball bounce ball kick ball run back rinse and repeat . Could take a speccy with a run up but otherwise was a poor contested mark. Should have spent longer at the peak of his powers but his ego took over and he distracted himself with irrelevance and self worth

BJ will always be remembered for his fingertip tackle in the goalsqure on Shaun Burgoyne on the 2002 QF. That was a turning point for him and he had a long successful career after that

In order I’d choose morwood O’Brien crosisca and Johnson

Last edited:
morwood had exquisite silk , great decision making and time- slowing abilities like Pendlebury. Was the complete ball playing defender in 1990 alongside Christian with the other fiour being brutal fierce hard-men ( crosisca kelly gayfer kerrison) .

Crosisca was one sided but extremely tenacious and a good long clearing kick. Rough but with a balanced temperament. Ferocious tackler. Not sure how often he played CHF but kicked two goals playing there one day in October 1990!!!!

Loved watching Harry. Chase ball win ball avoid tackle run with ball bounce ball kick ball run back rinse and repeat . Could take a speccy with a run up but otherwise was a poor contested mark. Should have spent longer at the peak of his powers but his ego took over and he distracted himself with irrelevance and self worth

BJ will always be remembered for his fingertip tackle in the goalsqure on Shaun Burgoyne on the 2003 QF. That was a turning point for him and he had a long successful career after that

In order I’d choose morwood O’Brien crosisca and Johnson
Great summary

Morwood.

How do we rate Pert the player vs Clement?

Tough call. Both undersized for the KP roles. I don't think we saw the best of Pert at Collingwood. I thought Pert (across his career) was slightly better in that KP role. Clement the more adaptable/flexible in term of where he could play and who he could match up on. Both make the best 22 I've seen at Collingwood with Pert at FB and Clement in a pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back