Past Shane Mumford - free agent 2013, to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep that is abig big stat...... Paul Roos has done it again and identified an absolute gem. Gotta say he is probably the best coach in the AFL... his ability to make decisions with recycled players (i know mumford isnt) and to bring them back to life is astonishing.... great win and a great tip if i dont say so myself

Gun player i honestly thought Hille and Ryder would have his measure, TBH though Hille didn't play much on him (Which i think would of been a better match up).

Still credit due

Shame Hille went down late in the 2nd. But if i'm not mistaken he was mostly up forward when i seen him, but he didn't touch the ball much anyway.

But Mumford, going to be a hell of a lot better than Jolly i reckon, his 2nd and 3rd efforts are sensational. Like J.Bolton said at the end, it's like having another midfielder out there.

Some were critical about throwing a heap of money at this bloke to get him to Sydney, but he is worth every cent.

hille must of been glad to get his injury, mumford was making him look like a hack and he carved ryder up. Pykey was a good assistant, but if seaby was there as well essendon would of been lucky to win a hit out.

Mumford is going to be a gun for a decade

To be fair to Ryder, I didn't think he did too badly. When he did get his hands to the ball at taps, several times he managed to knock the ball well clear of the pack and to the advantage of his team. He will suffer though having to carry the Bombers ruck on his own for much of the next month or so.

Gun player i honestly thought Hille and Ryder would have his measure, TBH though Hille didn't play much on him (Which i think would of been a better match up).

Still credit due

Thought the same myself pre-season, wondering how this big log of a bloke would match up vs the Ryders & NicNat. I'm not sure what it is, but he's quite capable of negating the big leaping fellas. Fitting into the side very nicely indeed.

Kudos to Pyke too, who played an excellent support role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I mean, Mumford wouldn't have left Geelong if he was seen as the number 2 ruckman behind Ottens. He left because he wasn't getting games ahead of Blake.

He probably would have been played ahead of Blake this year, but finals time last year, Mumford was worn out, Blake was more experienced and relatively fresh, it make sense to play him for the finals. Kick in the teeth for Mummy a bit, I know, but they won the Premiership, can't really say they made the wrong call.

I'm sure Geelong would have given us Blake for the same price instead, but we wouldn't hear it. It was Mummy or nothing, and they needed to get rid of one of them. At least they got a semi-decent price from us, we could have bent them over like we did Hawthorn for Kennedy and McGlynn.

He probably would have been played ahead of Blake this year, but finals time last year, Mumford was worn out, Blake was more experienced and relatively fresh, it make sense to play him for the finals. Kick in the teeth for Mummy a bit, I know, but they won the Premiership, can't really say they made the wrong call.

I'm sure Geelong would have given us Blake for the same price instead, but we wouldn't hear it. It was Mummy or nothing, and they needed to get rid of one of them. At least they got a semi-decent price from us, we could have bent them over like we did Hawthorn for Kennedy and McGlynn.
How do you know that Mummy was worn out. Didn't we play the Cats in the last couple of games, with the Mummy beating Darren who, which led to Roo's desire to get him on board.

What sort of noise, horns like the soccer or what ?
Seriously how does Ben Hudson get off last nights tackle on Luke Ball, ten times worse than Mummy's on little Gaz. In fact its an F###ing disgrace. Mr Chance Bateman also only got one week for a deliberate knee to the kidney of Stewart of Port. The MRP has now lost it, if you get a chance have a look at both.

Mumford is going to be a gem. Still only very young, and won't mature for 3-4 years. Already his ability to position himself at ruck contests, especially throw ins is brilliant. Very strong body able to get himself front position.

He will beat most ruckman, especially those which he can out muscle. Will only get better and better too with rucking and his work around the ground.

Very very exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back