Past Shane Mumford - free agent 2013, to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

This is stuff I'd expect from an 'experimenting' Under 20 YO & not something from a hardened AFL footballer who's been in the system for a long time & also who has gone to a club clearly as a leader & someone to look up to for the up & coming young stars. Now yes all clubs have the problem but GWS in particular cannot & should not let this retired numbskull back near it's young players, let alone on field. It is hard enough for them as it is with the go home factor but if they get their hands on young talent in the coming years they have no one but themselves to blame when they put their hands up to leave after two years there.

Karmichael Hunt was the symbol of bad culture at Gold Coast, which is why I actually have come around to Lynch & May wanting to leave the place & don't blame them after 8 years there. Should GWS allow Mummy back in a role then they are sending the wrong messages IMO.
Just remove him from the game at his age.

We say we don't care what they do in their spare time but this crap is just not something we should tolerate IMO but hey, "they all do it".
that's all well & good but f . *k 'em off no matter what their name is. Mumford has just sent his club back years now!
Paul Roos said it best recently about players on the gear. He said you put your arm around them and support them in life but just say "mate you really dont want to be a professional footballer do you?"

Haha. This whole thing is getting blown (pun intended) out of proportion. I've got no doubt in my mind that Mummy had at least a couple of lines the night after the 2012 grand final (check out photos/videos of him the next day haha). And I'm sure that there have been plenty of players in the red and white (and in other colours too, of course) that have used cocaine recreationally. Like there are many people in wider society that use cocaine recreationally.

Personally, I don't use or haven't ever used drugs (or alcohol for that matter), but I'm not against people using if that's what they want to do with their time and money, as long as that it doesn't impact other people.

This uproar is all a bit of off-season nonsense.

Haha. This whole thing is getting blown (pun intended) out of proportion. I've got no doubt in my mind that Mummy had at least a couple of lines the night after the 2012 grand final (check out photos/videos of him the next day haha). And I'm sure that there have been plenty of players in the red and white (and in other colours too, of course) that have used cocaine recreationally. Like there are many people in wider society that use cocaine recreationally.

Personally, I don't use or haven't ever used drugs (or alcohol for that matter), but I'm not against people using if that's what they want to do with their time and money, as long as that it doesn't impact other people.

He went all night in 12 and I saw him the next morning and he was F'd. Of course Swans are doing it and past one 's have , we even had a superstar in Vegas with Swan and Dusty. I hate drugs and those who sell it with a passion , but it's everywhere and killing a generation. Believe me I know.

The last part of your post says it all. Cocaine stays in the system for about four days and up to seven for a chronic user. If you are real estate agent or a merchant banker i can comfortably take your approach. But not so for the pilot on the plane taking off, the bus driver taking kids to school or a professional footballer. There are responsibilities with certain professions that just exclude drug use. Professional football should be one of them for reasons of competative fairness, social and individual health and well being. If young men and women want to use cocaine or meth find another profession where the choice of drug taking has less professional and social impacts.

The last part of your post says it all. Cocaine stays in the system for about four days and up to seven for a chronic user. If you are real estate agent or a merchant banker i can comfortably take your approach. But not so for the pilot on the plane taking off, the bus driver taking kids to school or a professional footballer. There are responsibilities with certain professions that just exclude drug use. Professional football should be one of them for reasons of competative fairness, social and individual health and well being. If young men and women want to use cocaine or meth find another profession where the choice of drug taking has less professional and social impacts.

Thanks for your service here on the Swans Board but sadly you are being delisted.

You make far too much sense for this insane asylum.

He went all night in 12 and I saw him the next morning and he was F'd. Of course Swans are doing it and past one 's have , we even had a superstar in Vegas with Swan and Dusty. I hate drugs and those who sell it with a passion , but it's everywhere and killing a generation. Believe me I know.
Hang on, are you saying he “went all night” the night before the GF (the Friday) or the night after the GF (the Saturday night)?

Great film on this called Flight.

Denzel the man was outstanding in it and a very good look into drug addiction, denial etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't impact other people??? Maybe you need to understand how these supply lines work! Why condone people who useful money to those who use murder and bloodshed to shore up their business - let alone what it does to the families of those who get hooked.

Doesn't impact other people??? Maybe you need to understand how these supply lines work! Why condone people who useful money to those who use murder and bloodshed to shore up their business - let alone what it does to the families of those who get hooked.
I hope you don't condone people that drink alcohol then either.

Yeah true, but the supply lines of your phone or computer, the the factory in China to the mine in Africa are pretty bad too.

I won't touch coke because of the civil war it's funding in Mexico after destroying Colombia, but I recognise that it'd hypocrisy. I just saw it first hand and it got to me.

If players take coke whatever, you can not like it all you like but it's gonna continue happening.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alcohol is legal ffs
I was replying to someone who said you shouldn't condone cocaine usage because of how it destroys families. Alcohol destroys a much bigger number of families, so I was questioning whether they condone someone that drinks alcohol. Legality is irrelevant.

Don't go off half-cocked and miss the point altogether.

I was replying to someone who said you shouldn't condone cocaine usage because of how it destroys families. Alcohol destroys a much bigger number of families, so I was questioning whether they condone someone that drinks alcohol. Legality is irrelevant.

Don't go off half-cocked and miss the point altogether.
Well I did after inhaling alcohol at cricket training.

You have a great point and I can't argue against it except that, to my knowledge, the makers of Jim Beam don't slaughter the makers of Johnny Walker and their families to try to keep market share.

More likely to raid Wild Turkey or Jack Daniels given more likely competitors :p

Bit of cartel action during prohibition though!

(I work in this industry and sell one of the brands you mentioned ;) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back