Rumour Shane Mumford - Video "snorting powder"

Remove this Banner Ad

Diabetes & High Blood Pressure are the number 1 & 2 causes of kidney failure. According to what you are pushing, a person who has chosen a poor diet, develops Diabetes, say in their early forties, which progresses to kidney failure is rightfully given preference over the alcoholic. How has the person in this scenario taken self responsibility? For some reason you give them a free pass. What you assert as fair & reasonable is, in reality, cruel & illogical.

Wow again. You have constantly constructed straw men in an attempt to extrapolate unreasonable responses to the discussion. Paying for drug testing is an expression of personal responsibility. Your attempts to demonise a position of self responsibility within a civil libertarian framework is disengunous and attempts to excuse irrational behaviour and lay the consequences of this behaviour on society rather that on the individual is misrepresenting what is being discussed. If you would like to discuss the issue at hand within the recognised framework of debate I’ll continue to engage. If you continue to construct arguments based on straw men and insult me rather than address the points at hand, I am done.

I’m pretty sure I know what you’ll do.

Wow again. You have constantly constructed straw men in an attempt to extrapolate unreasonable responses to the discussion. Paying for drug testing is an expression of personal responsibility. Your attempts to demonise a position of self responsibility within a civil libertarian framework is disengunous and attempts to excuse irrational behaviour and lay the consequences of this behaviour on society rather that on the individual is misrepresenting what is being discussed. If you would like to discuss the issue at hand within the recognised framework of debate I’ll continue to engage. If you continue to construct arguments based on straw men and insult me rather than address the points at hand, I am done.

I’m pretty sure I know what you’ll do.
Basically, I've successfully pointed out the obvious double standards inherent in your unsavoury doctrine. People who are brainwashed by cults react to rational argument the same as you ;) Glad your done.

That's interesting. "Occupational" use with controlled amounts. Can see how the drug would be performance enhancing however it would be very difficult to maintain I imagine. That's a very different beast than the social user. The alcohol use would complicate matters :(

I’ve seen bored housewives do meth just so they can have spotless houses .....

You’d be amazed at who does meth and why ...all,sorts of reasons

People don't think you can't have fun with drugs, they think that drugs can be fun. It's not the same thing.

Kids, and people in general, have always taken risks in the pursuit for pleasure. We're pleasure-seeking creatures and drugs just so happen to bring a lot of pleasure for people, even if only so briefly. Just have a look at Mumford in that video, on top of the world.

There many problems surrounding drugs, but drugs themselves are not the problem.
Agree...... however if you don't know what's in the drug when you're buying it that can be where the drug is a problem people think they know what they're buying but had of a know what's in it

No it isn't. People carrying on like Mumford raped someone. Them being paid a large amount means sweet **** all mate. Quit acting like their government employees being paid for with taxpayers money. Get your head out of the sand. Plenty of them do it and will continue to do it. If the AFL truly did care they'd have far harsher penalties. But they don't because they are well aware that the majority aren't ending up like Ben Cousins so there's minimal damage to their brand.

I agree

The afl wants pristine characters who never screw up ...they want pretty mummys boys ...exscuse the mummy pun...not intended

They micro manage the league ...rules to counteract rules they made that don’t work ...the media whinges about the game so they react .....they micro manage

A handful of players have messed up with drugs in the whole league ....yet it’s spoken like it’s a shark frenzy that we need more rules and authority to stop it ...stop what....?

No one is going to stop going to the footy because a few players mess up on drugs

And like I’ve said numerous times if you want them to pristine perfect people then we should test every single person on the game ....umpires included .....and check their bank accounts too....see if they have pr0n fetish while we are at it...let’s see if they gamble also ...now thatnwouod be stupid wouldn’t it .....don’t worry that will come.

Let’s micro manage every single thing to try and get it perfect ...that’s what the afl does ....all the while they actually create new problems by trying to solve the ones they have not been able to fix.

First things first ....ban clubs from doing skin fold tests .....why ...because there’s no evidence to suggest a perfect skin fold makes you a a better player ....none

Jermery McGovern has love handles bigger than mine and he’s a friggin star ...let players have a few drinks ....do away with cannabis testing also .....let players have a joint or two if they want to unwind

Locket was the best full forward to play ...dunstall was a lard ass too

The reason player don’t drink is skin folds and stupid hyrdration tests when they arrive for training

If he’s not getting a kick he’ll manage his food and alcohol ....we need to stop micro managing players.

Reason players do coke ...it has limited side effects and it wears off quickly ....has no calories and won’t show up in a test the next day or two ....you see by having all the stupid things clubs do you’ve created a new problem .....

We saw it one mines in Wa .....cannabis banned ...so they use meth ....

Accept people need to unwind ...if AFL PLAYERS WERE ALLOWD TO SMOKE SOME WEED they would enjoy it and have a beer and pizza on a Saturday night ......

Ffs we’ve created the problem by trying to make these guys perfect .....humans will never be perfect ....

We have safe roads and demerit points...too many variables
I acknowledged the engineering, but countless countless tv ads and radio ads and billboards suggest education played a major part

Call me an old fuddy duddy or senile but it seems to me with modern society unless you take an illegal drug you cannot have fun.
If this is the case what future do our grandchildren have.
I am obvious in the minority when I say I have never taken drugs ever except for antibiotics.
I played and coached football for close to 25 years in country Victoria and enjoyed every minute (except when we lost) and yes I had a
couple of beers after the game and enjoyed the company of my friends and their families .
To risk everything you cherish in life for a few hours of madness doesn't make sense to me.
Fifty years ago I played in my first premiership to the year .
Only one of those players is no longer with us due to an accident but 4 children and three grandchildren have passed away
one to suicide three to drug related issues , is this fair for these families no way.
I wish somebody had the answers because the pain this problem causes in obvious to everyone in society.

That's awful NOBBYS. 20 players & 7 family deaths. I'm not going push my views on you, however would like to ask you one question. Do you think society's position on drugs (just say no to drugs) has produced acceptable outcomes?

Ps: Congrats on you 50th anniversary of your first Premiership !

Jermery McGovern has love handles bigger than mine and he’s a friggin star ...let players have a few drinks ....do away with cannabis testing also .....let players have a joint or two if they want to unwind

Locket was the best full forward to play ...dunstall was a lard ass too

The reason player don’t drink is skin folds and stupid hyrdration tests when they arrive for training

If he’s not getting a kick he’ll manage his food and alcohol ....we need to stop micro managing players.

Reason players do coke ...it has limited side effects and it wears off quickly ....has no calories and won’t show up in a test the next day or two ....you see by having all the stupid things clubs do you’ve created a new problem .....

Good points. I saw on telly earlier this year a former St. Kilda player say while he was at the Club, Nick Riewoldt had the worst skin-fold tests consistently.

Good points. I saw on telly earlier this year a former St. Kilda player say while he was at the Club, Nick Riewoldt had the worst skin-fold tests consistently.

It’s rubbish

Our game is a game of skill ..yes fitness plays a huge role but skinfold tests ought to be banned

It’s rubbish

Our game is a game of skill ..yes fitness plays a huge role but skinfold tests ought to be banned

Yes, after hearing about Riewoldt on fox I thought "well skin folds are not the be all & end all". Roo was a running machine, but who am I to say he wouldn't have been a better runner if he decreased his skin-folds? I just don't know.
I do agree 100% that players have been pushed towards so-called "nose beer" because of the way the game is played & the science applied to players.

Engineering and education

You said education didnt work, I showed it does
I recall the introduction if Random Breath Testing and Seatbelts. Both required a significant change in peoples attitudes, absolutely education was critical.
As an example I grew up in the bush in a town with pubs 10 miles out of town in 4 directions. This coincided with NSW liquor laws re trading on a Sunday for bona fide travellers and they could open on a Sunday.
It seemed every Sunday evening young people people were killed returning from which ever one was fashionable at the time pissed. Looking back it's incredible how stubborn people were in not changing their behaviour. It was acknowledged as dangerous, but seen as a wierd challenge. A combination of RBT on those roads and shifting attitudes that driving pissed was cool took time but did work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you misread what I said. I'm not interested in trolling on this topic.
Who is trolling? Some people (including media, AFL, clubs) seem to assume there must be some psychological issue behind all this. Seems to me the guy just wants to party. See the Watts messages, that guy is in full blown party mode.

Who is trolling? Some people (including media, AFL, clubs) seem to assume there must be some psychological issue behind all this. Seems to me the guy just wants to party. See the Watts messages, that guy is in full blown party mode.
Fair enough

I overreacted a bit

I think he's under a lot of pressure right now. I dont dispute he's transgressed, and there will be consequences. It just needs to be sorted as quickly as possible.

As I recall this kind of pressure probably caused Buddy to miss finals.

I would advocate a criminal charge for using cocaine. Partly because laws not enforced lead to corruption, and partly so it cant be dragged up again at some point in the future of there's a change of heart regarding prosecution.

I do think injuries can have a serious effect on players psyche though.

That's awful NOBBYS. 20 players & 7 family deaths. I'm not going push my views on you, however would like to ask you one question. Do you think society's position on drugs (just say no to drugs) has produced acceptable outcomes?

Ps: Congrats on you 50th anniversary of your first Premiership !
Be honest don't know if any one has the right solution .
But reading the local newspaper over breakfast one of the main articles is that MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL ( largest in the world)
are about to make inroads into the Australian drug market because we are one of the largest users in the world.
I am part of a family business who see two to three hundred customers a day , we care and support these people to the best of our ability ,
and yet the demand and abuse we receive from some of these people has skyrocketed in recent years .
Why ? stress , financial ,drug related probably all three .
Want concerns me is how flippant people are about taking a substance that can effect their everyday living.
I am all for better facilities for people who try to reform , but to me drug dealers should be face the heaviest penalties possible.
To me we live in the greatest country in the world , to me as an oldie the only downside is the effects drug taking will have on our future
generations. I am generally concerned for my grandchildren.
Unfortunately no one is immune.

Be honest don't know if any one has the right solution .
But reading the local newspaper over breakfast one of the main articles is that MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL ( largest in the world)
are about to make inroads into the Australian drug market because we are one of the largest users in the world.
I am part of a family business who see two to three hundred customers a day , we care and support these people to the best of our ability ,
and yet the demand and abuse we receive from some of these people has skyrocketed in recent years .
Why ? stress , financial ,drug related probably all three .
Want concerns me is how flippant people are about taking a substance that can effect their everyday living.
I am all for better facilities for people who try to reform , but to me drug dealers should be face the heaviest penalties possible.
To me we live in the greatest country in the world , to me as an oldie the only downside is the effects drug taking will have on our future
generations. I am generally concerned for my grandchildren.
Unfortunately no one is immune.
I wouldn't put too much stock in those articles. If we are an attractive market for cocaine it's simple supply and demand. Prices are much higher here than in the US or Europe , and that has to be a good thing. Under supply of the market must suppress demand. How much of that unmet demand simply moves to methamphetamine or MDMA is the kicker.

Firstly, what the graph shows is that illicit drugs cause far more harm than alcohol. Secondly, the graph doesn't give us any parameters. Does it show harm per user or overall harm? Finally, it shows that, per user, alcohol is the only drug that causes less harm to others than it does to the user.

Maybe there's something missing in his brain that doesn't allow him to feel the music like non-druggies do, a chemical perhaps.
Actually professor, you just think you feel the music but you really don't. Not like the marijuana junkie feels the music. Just ask Jimi himself, he was spaced all the time.

Actually professor, you just think you feel the music but you really don't. Not like the marijuana junkie feels the music. Just ask Jimi himself, he was spaced all the time.
Actually space cadet, I'm a (amateur) musician and have been for decades so I think I have an idea about it.

Actually space cadet, I'm a (amateur) musician and have been for decades so I think I have an idea about it.
No wonder you're still an amateur mate- you need to get yourself a little love from ms Mary Jane.

The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Lee Perry... they didn't do it on their own. Send me a PM when you're ready to turn pro. I got your back.

No wonder you're still an amateur mate- you need to get yourself a little love from ms Mary Jane.

The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Lee Perry... they didn't do it on their own. Send me a PM when you're ready to turn pro. I got your back.
I probably could have become a pro if I didn't injure one of my fingers playing football. You're talking about people that wrote music when sometimes high, not people listening to it. My brother wouldn't know one end of an instrument from another and IMO wouldn't know the difference between music notes and music. The major difference is that anyone can play a music note or notes without playing music.

PS. I have another brother who's pro and had another one that was.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back