Rumour Shane Mumford - Video "snorting powder"

Remove this Banner Ad

There would be more to the story.
Has anyone even linked Mumford and Whitfield together yet? The cover up this time around has been relatively successful.
Have they ever done drugs together? If so how many others on the playing list?
Swept under the rug
Have they been jointly abducted by aliens? That's the real question surely.

I find it astounding that a football club feels entitled to suspend and fine a player who is not even on their list. Are they going to offer him extra money to cover the amount when they discuss a contract. I would have a suggestion for them as to where they might place that contract if I were him.
I find the whole holier than thou attitude of football clubs on issues like this offensive. They behave as if they are the arbiters of morality (he "lied to the club" he should be crucified), when they are ruthless money making entities. I include my own in this distaste.

I find it astounding that a football club feels entitled to suspend and fine a player who is not even on their list. Are they going to offer him extra money to cover the amount when they discuss a contract. I would have a suggestion for them as to where they might place that contract if I were him.
I find the whole holier than thou attitude of football clubs on issues like this offensive. They behave as if they are the arbiters of morality (he "lied to the club" he should be crucified), when they are ruthless money making entities. I include my own in this distaste.
Strange approach to take

It actually says in the article that some of the sanctions are contingent on him being re-listed.

Matthew's said a few days ago sanctions would be announced once a common position was formed with the AFL.

He could no doubt avoid sanctions by walking away from the AFL, but that doesn't seem to be his wish.

The way I look at it is that at market rate that line he's seen snorting cost him 120 gram of Colombia's finest.

Imagine if bankers and lawyers had penalties like this. Wowee.

The amount of powder going around the eastern beaches in Sydney is ridiculous. Only the wealthy can afford it though.

Drugs need to be classified independently from one another. Beer, wine, zanax, pot, coke, ice, lsd. Also why do all the papers say white powder when they know it's coke?

And car accident stats should be properly categorised as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I look at it is that at market rate that line he's seen snorting cost him 120 gram of Colombia's finest.

Imagine if bankers and lawyers had penalties like this. Wowee.

The amount of powder going around the eastern beaches in Sydney is ridiculous. Only the wealthy can afford it though.

Drugs need to be classified independently from one another. Beer, wine, zanax, pot, coke, ice, lsd. Also why do all the papers say white powder when they know it's coke?

And car accident stats should be properly categorised as well.
Has Mumford come out and said explicitly it was cocaine? Can imagine they could get in trouble for reporting it as cocaine if they don’t have confirmation.

The day will come where a player digs his heels in and fights sanctions.
If clubs are going to sit in judgement i want to see all tested and held accountable from boot studder to CEO and Board.

If the police were not interested maybe thats where the problem lies.
Why employers feel they are better placed to make judgements on employees out of hours activities i find odd.
Should they just refer the incident to police and if they take no action that is the end of it???

The day will come where a player digs his heels in and fights sanctions.
If clubs are going to sit in judgement i want to see all tested and held accountable from boot studder to CEO and Board.

If the police were not interested maybe thats where the problem lies.
Why employers feel they are better placed to make judgements on employees out of hours activities i find odd.
Should they just refer the incident to police and if they take no action that is the end of it???
No truer statement in this thread!

Did he get a strike? Players get strikes for pretending to do drugs on social media
It technically can't be enforced as I understand it. Part if the sanctions is he has to "voluntarily" accept one as a condition of being re-listed.
It will be backdated to to the time of the video and expires in August 2019 anyway.

This is about Optics for a new club trying to win over an audience in foreign territory. One if our biggest advantages is AFL is the perceltion that AFL is cleaner and a more family friendly environment than rugby League.

Cant be a coincidence this comes out just as he decides to make a comeback. Someone trying to keep him out? Isaac Cumming No 1 - Who is 2nd ruck at GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back