Shane Warne passes away aged 52

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely awful news.

It's going to reverberate through the world of cricket. An unbelievable talent that could probably have stepped into a game yesterday and taken the wicket of the worlds best going round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite memory of him as a kid, sitting in southern stand, throwing s**t at Darren Gough, crowd going absolutely nuts throwing stuff on the ground and Alec Stewart had to go off the ground and ask Warney to come and calm the crowd down.

Warney walked out on the ground wearing a helmet, told us to calm down and we did.

He was and will always be the absolute king.

How about his spell in the 1999 Semi, SA chasing 213, and 0-40, Warne comes on and bowls 8 overs, 4 Maidens, 3-12.

My favourite memory of him as a kid, sitting in southern stand, throwing sh*t at Darren Gough, crowd going absolutely nuts throwing stuff on the ground and Alec Stewart had to go off the ground and ask Warney to come and calm the crowd down.

Warney walked out on the ground wearing a helmet, told us to calm down and we did.

He was and will always be the absolute king.

How about his spell in the 1999 Semi, SA chasing 213, and 0-40, Warne comes on and bowls 8 overs, 4 Maidens, 3-12.
SA were well on top before SK Warne was thrown the ball.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cant believe this. Devastated, Warne always came across as being a really nice bloke that would do anything for anyone.

Will miss you Warney

RIP Legend.

Never watched cricket but I am literally so speechless and shocked right now.

52 is way too young☹️ Rest In Peace

Condolences to his family & Curtis ☹️

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back