Shane Warne passes away aged 52

Remove this Banner Ad

This is unbelievable.

I'll never forget getting home from school in the summer and watching Warney rip through the opposition in the evening session. He was a childhood idol to everyone my age that played cricket, me included.

One of my fondest sporting memories is being at the G when he took 700.

Vale the King

Before he played his first test i was laughed at for claiming he'd be the greatest wicket taker of all time.
Of course he isnt, but who knew they'd allow a chucker.

Then meet him at the local pub with Merv, so needless to say have followed his career very closely.
A deadset legend, RIP Warnie.

When I saw it last thing before bed I was in shock. Woke up hoping it was a bad dream.

Starting to sink in, what a depressing day. Won't be the same watching without his commentary. Sometimes didn't agree with him but he was always honest and life of the party.

Sport the poorer for losing these larrikans. Everything so tame these days in sport, we need personalities!

Watching highlights this morning and pissing myself at some of the deliveries - making great cricketers look like they had absolutely no idea.

Did things with a cricket ball that were thought impossible.

What a cricketer.

And robbed of that test hundred, too.

I was up all night with a sick kid and like others here, I had a weird gut feeling around 1am, checked the news and well, yeah, fu**!

I have tonnes of memories of the great man but being in Bay13 the night Warnie came out with a helmet on was a classic!
No shoes, trackies and a helmet.

The King

Muttiah Muralitharan (On the battle for lead wicket taker with Warne):
"We debuted at the same time, but I had the benefit of being 2-3 years younger... We start at the same age and no doubt he beats me".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An absolute, legitimate A grade sporting legend. The Pele/Ali/Jordan of cricket. Just devastating news. Every kid growing up wanted to be Warnie. Every older bloke also wanted to be Warnie…

Just devastating, his poor kids. A magician on the field - skilled genius and showman - and by all accounts a generous and good-hearted man off it.

Bigfooty prime demographic is middle-aged guys. Please take care of yourselves and do what you can to stick around for and with the people who love you.

Just devastating, his poor kids. A magician on the field - skilled genius and showman - and by all accounts a generous and good-hearted man off it.

Bigfooty prime demographic is middle-aged guys. Please take care of yourselves and do what you can to stick around for and with the people who love you.

Made me think this a.m. Hearts. Marsh 74, Warnie 52. I'm inbetween them. ☹ Like a few others here at a guess.

Last edited:
His son on SAS Survivor looked a lovely kid.

While it wouldn’t have always been easy, looked like he adored his dad. 💔

My 16yo son has always asked "What was it like watching Shane Warne?" and I've always enjoyed telling him. He never saw him play, but even he is shattered today.

A cricketing genius. Heart goes out to his kids, and their grandparents.

My Great Uncle saw Bradman. He’d regale me with stories at my insistence. This would be pretty much the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back