Shane Yarran in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why retiring justifies a pay out of contract.
There was provision in the AFLPA collective bargaining agreement 2012 - 2016 which specified the payment when a player is terminated during the season. It includes a base payment component plus a match payment component.

Given that it looked like the issues around his charges were going to drag on, the club probably just decided it was worth making a payment now to minimise the ongoing distraction. If they eventually terminated his contract, they would have had to pay him out anyway.

Just posted on the non Freo topic - apologies for double up.

I agree Esti, not good and glad Freo did move quite swiftly to end our association.

Such a shame. But he has gone right off the rails since the family incident involving his partner.

The most concerning part is this:
"Yarran also faces charges of breaching protective bail conditions, breaching a VRO and disorderly behaviour in public."

I know it doesn't make it better, but at least the glassing incident was prior to him becoming a Docker. He was a Subiaco player at the time. A shame the media doesn't state that fact.
That's a fact check.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...g/news-story/0b253840de1f4cc8907ae91b00f4e321
AN arrest warrant has been issued for former AFL player Shane Yarran after he failed to appear in a Perth court over an allegation he stabbed a man ...

The alleged attack happened in July 2015 - four months before he was drafted by the Fremantle Dockers - and he retired last year after he made headlines for his off-field behaviour.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...e/news-story/9fd810708b7bfcdc277ab18b3f3646e3
It will be alleged that Yarran was one of several people involved in a late-night fight outside the Champion Lakes Tavern in Camillo in July 2015 where a man suffered a serious stab wound ...

Yarran was recruited by the Dockers in November last year after two stand-out seasons in the WAFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-03/exdocker-yarran-pleads-not-guilty-to-stabbing-charge
FORMER Fremantle player Shane Yarran has pleaded not guilty in a Perth court to an allegation that he stabbed another man.

The 27-year-old appeared in Armadale Magistrates Court on Tuesday where he pleaded not guilty to unlawful wounding over an alleged assault in July 2015 - four months before he was drafted by the Dockers.

The verdict

malcolm-turnbull-emissions-incorrect-data.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier in the thread there's about 20 pages dealing with the presumption of innocence as a democratic cornerstone.
The thread is effectively in abeyance until after court so I guess you can say anything you like.

Maybe harsh - but if true glossing someone is about as low as you can get.
Get in a blue - but you can't condone that s**t .....if true.
Pity he couldn't break the cycle of his lifestyle influencing his future.... he had more opportunity than most, many would give their left nut to get the life changing opportunity he got.
I know this happened before he was at Freo - but who cares now - the poor bugger just couldn't ditch the bad influences that may have got him in jail in the first place.
Hope he can sort his life out for his family, missus and kids sake.... and truly turn his life around.

What does the charge sheet say? Is he facing court as the protaganist, is he an accessory? All I've seen is "in relation to" the event so far.

This thread should be closed. He is no longer a Freo player.He is not playing anywhere. All the thread can achieve is s**t stirring.
He retire , same category as pav ,macca . Not sure he is no longer a freo player work. Let said close it because of the way he retire .

This thread should be closed. He is no longer a Freo player.He is not playing anywhere. All the thread can achieve is s**t stirring.
I've got to agree with you there. If anyone has any new info they want to post in here, PM a mod to reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back