Shang-Chi - Legend of the Ten Rings

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
I don’t think people outside of Asia know how big of a star Tony Leung is (the actor playing Shang Chi’s father). He is like the Leo DiCaprio of China. He has turned down countless Hollywood films over his career so this is surprising that he chose a Marvel film to be his first english speaking role. This film is guaranteed $1Billion for Disney because of his casting alone.

Can’t wait for the film. Trailer looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think people outside of Asia know how big of a star Tony Leung is (the actor playing Shang Chi’s father). He is like the Leo DiCaprio of China. He has turned down countless Hollywood films over his career so this is surprising that he chose a Marvel film to be his first english speaking role. This film is guaranteed $1Billion for Disney because of his casting alone.

Can’t wait for the film. Trailer looks awesome.

Tony Leung is what im most excited for in this film. He was the best part of this trailer and seems to be bringing it not just phoning it in for a payday.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Tony Leung is what im most excited for in this film. He was the best part of this trailer and seems to be bringing it not just phoning it in for a payday.

Yep. He has turn down millions from Hollywood and he’s already rich so I doubt money is the motivation.

Also Tony Leung speaks perfect fluent English so I’m just excited to hear him on screen speaking it without having to read subtitles (which I don’t have a problem with)

Friends are keen on seeing this but I have NFI

Do I need to know wat happened 3 movies ago or is it a stand alone?

I'm sure he'll bob up later but you'll definitely be able to watch this without watching the previous movies. Pretty much an 'origin story'.

Massively off topic here...... but on a separate point, Simu Liu (Shang-Chi) and Ronny Chieng are two comedic superstars IMO.

Highly recommended people check out Netflix. 'Kims Convenience' with Simu Liu and 'Ronny Chieng - International Student' (ABC show that was filmed at Melbourne Uni I think...very good Aussie comedy)

Really looking forward to this.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Best origin story since GoTG IMO (not counting Black Panther as it's not really an "origin story" in the MCU sense) - thought it was great fun.

Tony Leung well and truly earning his money as well.

The whole Trevor Slattery bit remains one of the funniest twists in the entire MCU (I will not be entering into debate on this) and great to see Ben Kingsley having the time of his life bringing him back.
Fair bit to unpack in the mid credits scene as well. Beacon? Eternals? Kang? Galactus?

IMG_6558.JPG

Back