Shanghai Commentary Gag - Danny Frawley on Fox Footy show Bounce

Wow... Lol, that was cringe. Can't wait for the drama to unfold.

tenor.gif

mcfly7

Debutant
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Not racist, just a crap attempt at humour. Accent wasn't even that great :drunk:

Jevvy Wallis

Debutant
Apr 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
All a bit of harmless fun. Whilst not racist, it was a bit silly. Nothing more than that, really.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I think if he actually attempted to speak some Chinese and then the accent was just horrible, that's funny (ish), but when you're just speaking in some Chinese 'minstrel' accent the joke's no longer on you and it comes across as needlessly offensive.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
It just proves what the show has become in the last 4 years. Frawley shouldn't be in the show. He shouldn't be in footy media

Speaking of which, how has Dunstall got a reputation of being funny?

He's been doing it for decades going back to the Live & Kicking days and he's always been one-note and lousy at it. Yet he's Mr. Comedy down at Fox Footy.

Lyttelton Ranger

Squadron Leader
Mar 10, 2008
The Lord's Pyjamas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR
Last night's episode saw Andrew Gaze complaining to Spud Frawley that it's the first time Spud has let him touch it (referring to the fist trophy). I don't think Andrew Gaze meant the double-entendre to sound the way it did, but I laughed hard, and you could see Cam Mooney trying very hard to keep a straight face.

Back