Analysis SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So here we are 3 rounds in with one win at two losses..

What players are going to stand up now and really own the direction of the season?

Is it time to call out some senior players (Clarko style) and ask some questions around their timeline at our club ?

Has Pyke actually lost the group after last years turmoil or has he just got no support from above?

Seems to be way too many comfy seats at west lakes, so.. WHO IS GOING TO SHAPE UP ? Or do us all a favour and SHIP OUT ?

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has Godden outlined his intentions on how he's going to improve our team ? What is he bringing to the table ?
Seems a big responsibility for a bloke unproven at the level

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Judging by past experiences the only players that will ship out is young talent who we either won't play or pay. Rinse repeat. Expect a long painful rebuild and an expensive one with the amount of contracts we will have to pay out due to their mismanagement.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Need to bite the bullet rebuild tank the season and play the kids

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't need to tank the season. Just need to pick the best 22 available any given week, irrespective of tenure, contract size, reputation or anything else. If that means some big names (possibly even some with a little "(c)" next to them on the team sheet) spend some time in the 2's and some kids get played, that's fine. As long as those kids are getting picked over the incumbents based on better form, not just giving them games they haven't earned and hoping for the best.

If you're picking those kids on form you're not tanking - you're actually trying to change the side up with the goal of winning games, not with the goal of just getting games into players.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't need to tank the season. Just need to pick the best 22 available any given week, irrespective of tenure, contract size, reputation or anything else. If that means some big names (possibly even some with a little "(c)" next to them on the team sheet) spend some time in the 2's and some kids get played, that's fine. As long as those kids are getting picked over the incumbents based on better form, not just giving them games they haven't earned and hoping for the best.

If you're picking those kids on form you're not tanking - you're actually trying to change the side up with the goal of winning games, not with the goal of just getting games into players.

THe coaches believe they are picking the best 22 if they cant recognise the best 22 then they need to go and the head coach is first head on the chopping block

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stengle can play, bring him in.

I'd love to see a strong message sent but our club is just so predictable and old fashioned they don't have the balls to drop underperforming blokes, even with guys pressing from the magoos..
I'm not sure if I feel sorry for Pyke due to Roos boys club power or if he's just too soft.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stengle can play, bring him in.

I'd love to see a strong message sent but our club is just so predictable and old fashioned they don't have the balls to drop underperforming blokes, even with guys pressing from the magoos..
I'm not sure if I feel sorry for Pyke due to Roos boys club power or if he's just too soft.

He makes the final call, so you would have to say too soft

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
A lot is being made of Gibbs turnovers and fair enough, but geez talk about soft.
I always had concerns paying a high price for a player from a poor club with zero big stage credentials.
He's a good role player and that's it.

Back