Sharapova fails drug test

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter Moderator #1
Breaking News!!!

People expected her to announce retirement, but instead informs everyone that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open (Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific).

We wait now for the outcome. Patience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Started using the drug in 2006. Wow. Drug testing in tennis, am i right guys.

One thing I like (from what little i read)is that she has taken full responsibility and accepted an outcome. Makes everything else more believable. A certain team could learn a bit here

Now it is all about the suspension and how long. Reckon this media accouncement is all about saving face.

Last edited:

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Oh, okay drug only put on banned list this year.

Seems like an honest f up now. Pointing more to a 6 month ban u would think, she took it for 10 years for specific health purposes

Last edited:

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter Moderator #6
Started using the drug in 2006. Wow. Drug testing in tennis, am i right guys.

One thing I like (from what little i read)is that she has taken full responsibility and accepted an outcome. Makes everything else more believable. A certain team could learn a bit here

Now it is all about the suspension and how long. Reckon this media accouncement is all about saving face.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

so you're saying she self reported to avoid more scrutiny? :D

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter Moderator #7
think she'll get some time off, but if you're any of the remaining slams in coming months you'd be filthy if she misses your tournament

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
6 month ban from fed cup tie(her last "played" match) would make her an unseeded player at the US open still.

She might be available for the Olympics. In saying that, I doubt she be selected, as Russian tennis is so strong, they don't really need her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Seventh athlete to test positive to Meldonium after it was added to the banned list in January. Perhaps WADA need to re-think how they communicate additions to the banned list...
Or maybe young healthy athletes need to stop taking angina medication to enhance their performance. I love the way she said she had a family history of diabetes as a way of explaining why she was taking it.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves, Renault F1, Footscray
Moderator #24
Or maybe young healthy athletes need to stop taking angina medication to enhance their performance. I love the way she said she had a family history of diabetes as a way of explaining why she was taking it.
Except up until the first of January this year it wasn't on the banned substance list. Whether you view it as performance enhancing or not, it was perfectly legal for her to consume it. It's not exactly unusual for athletes to look for legal supplements that give them an edge.

Top Bottom