Sharapova fails drug test

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves, Renault F1, Footscray
Moderator #178
Both took banned substances both guilty. Comparable by the length of the Fleminhton straight.
Yeah fine whatever. But the Essendon snipes aren't wanted here. Serve absolutely no purpose other than to be tedious and drag the thread off track.

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I can completely understand the majors offering Sharapova a WC, they want bums on seats after all. Also, would it be fair to other qualifiers if she was forced to go through the qualifying rounds?

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Can we leave the Essendon rubbish out of it? They aren't comparable scenarios at all.
You're right I should not have bitten. Guess the hawks supporters will focus on anything now their era is over.

France have a big anti doping focus so I completely understand their reluctance to offer her a WC.

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
I can completely understand the majors offering Sharapova a WC, they want bums on seats after all. Also, would it be fair to other qualifiers if she was forced to go through the qualifying rounds?

That's it... she's a tennis superstar, of course, the GS and other tournaments want her playing in the main draw

ozgamer

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
That's it... she's a tennis superstar, of course, the GS and other tournaments want her playing in the main draw
Her 5 majors might be nothing to sneeze at but she is more of a corporate superstar. WTA (who are a joke) should focus less on quick fix pin-up girls as saviours like Sharapova, Bouchard, Wozniacki, etc... and focus more on promoting tennis players like Kerber, Ka Pliskova, Konta, Svitolina.

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
You're right I should not have bitten. Guess the hawks supporters will focus on anything now their era is over.

France have a big anti doping focus
so I completely understand their reluctance to offer her a WC.
yeah you are right. i forgot how anti doping they are.

If she does play at the french, then the crowds will give it to her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
If Sharapova receives a RG wildcard and does well at the tournament, I cannot see her receiving much praise or support.

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Now Radwanska is against Maria receiving the WC:

"I'm not hiding my opinion. I think the same as Andy Murray," said Radwanska, adding that she would not give Sharapova wildcards if she was in charge of a tournament. "This kind of entry into the tournament should be available only for players who were dropped in the ranking due to injury, illness or other random accident.

“Not for those suspended for doping,” she said. “Maria should rebuild her career in a different way, beginning with smaller events."

But Eisenbud was quoted attacking Radwanska and Wozniacki as “journeyman” players, and said they had “no clue” about the ruling in her case and wanted to keep her from playing to improve their chances at the French Open.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017...weighs-maria-sharapova-wildcard-debate/65610/

Some direct words from Maria's agent

Top Bottom