Sharapova fails drug test

Remove this Banner Ad

Started using the drug in 2006. Wow. Drug testing in tennis, am i right guys.

One thing I like (from what little i read)is that she has taken full responsibility and accepted an outcome. Makes everything else more believable. A certain team could learn a bit here

Now it is all about the suspension and how long. Reckon this media accouncement is all about saving face.

Last edited:
Started using the drug in 2006. Wow. Drug testing in tennis, am i right guys.

One thing I like (from what little i read)is that she has taken full responsibility and accepted an outcome. Makes everything else more believable. A certain team could learn a bit here

Now it is all about the suspension and how long. Reckon this media accouncement is all about saving face.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

so you're saying she self reported to avoid more scrutiny? :D

I genuinely feel sorry for her.

I did check ASADA's website and it doesn't list Meldonium. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombshell of epic proportions. Would never have expected this is what the presser would be about

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just watched the presser in full. Great statement and very well spoken by Maria

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Seventh athlete to test positive to Meldonium after it was added to the banned list in January. Perhaps WADA need to re-think how they communicate additions to the banned list...

Or maybe young healthy athletes need to stop taking angina medication to enhance their performance. I love the way she said she had a family history of diabetes as a way of explaining why she was taking it.

Or maybe young healthy athletes need to stop taking angina medication to enhance their performance. I love the way she said she had a family history of diabetes as a way of explaining why she was taking it.
Except up until the first of January this year it wasn't on the banned substance list. Whether you view it as performance enhancing or not, it was perfectly legal for her to consume it. It's not exactly unusual for athletes to look for legal supplements that give them an edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back