Sharapova to miss at least a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news/article/-/5301126/sharapova-pulls-paris-open

Russia's Maria Sharapova has been forced to pull out of next week's WTA Paris Open through injury, the organisers announced on Wednesday.
The former world number one underwent surgery on her right shoulder in October and the problem also meant she was unable to defend her Australian Open title last month.
The Russian's absence in Paris will only serve to continue her slide down the world rankings.
Sharapova slipped out of the top 10 on Monday for the first time since winning Wimbledon in July 2004 and is ranked 17th.
In Sharapova's absence, the tournament's biggest draws will be recently-crowned Australian Open champion and new world number one Serena Williams, Olympic champion Elena Dementieva and the Frenchwomen Alize Cornet and Amelie Mauresmo.

She's officially pulled out of Rome and Madrid.
There would be no chance she'll get up for the French Open. Wimbledon isn't looking too good either.
So much for a week.
Something is definitley not right, this is the type of injury that could potentially bring down her career.
She should just bypass clay and grass season and focus on playing the USOpen.

IIRC she's out of the top 50.

She's officially pulled out of Rome and Madrid.
There would be no chance she'll get up for the French Open. Wimbledon isn't looking too good either.
So much for a week.

IIRC she's out of the top 50.
Yep, she has slipped to number 64 in the world rankings.

I know he's an idiot, but in January Roger Rasheed said that this is the type of injury that could have long lasting affects and he made it sound as though it was career threatening. I wish Maria and her camp would just come out and admit it's serious and that she'll be out long term instead of making it sound as though she's a chance of getting up for every tournament only to pull out.

I know he's an idiot, but in January Roger Rasheed said that this is the type of injury that could have long lasting affects and he made it sound as though it was career threatening. I wish Maria and her camp would just come out and admit it's serious and that she'll be out long term instead of making it sound as though she's a chance of getting up for every tournament only to pull out.

One word....Sponsors.

She has so many sponsors and I am sure they are trying to make them feel as if she is extremely close to getting back on the court. In reality, this pulling out of tournaments just before they start has been happening since the Aus Open.

It seems like she is having a lot of trouble with this injury and recovering from it. She is still very young, but it will be interesting to see how she comes back from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back