FTA-TV Sharp Objects

Remove this Banner Ad

Great show loving the performances and the direction. Its like a jigsaw puzzle piecing all the flashbacks together whilst presently trying to figure out whodunit. Camille is as big a mystery. Dat moment she stormed out the changing room.Yikes!
Also Adora is a campaigner of thing. Sabotage at its finest.

Anyone watch the last episode?

Jeez, that mother. What a unit.
Reminds me of my mother. Not sure what type of narcissism it is but I believe she'd take measures to make you distraught so that she could then comfort you and be the "loving mum". It's dangerous stuff in the real world, sets the paths that kids go on in life, often to their detriment, like in the show I guess

Jeez, that mother. What a unit.
I assume you're referencing the conversation on the verandah.

tumblr_mquddptL121sdbde4o1_400.gif

Also, that was some interesting self harm Camille had going on there

Super tv show. Great script, acting, visuals, atmosphere... the house, wow, I feel like I’m actually there in the old & lonely house sometimes.

This show is winning awards. No doubt about it.

Super tv show. Great script, acting, visuals, atmosphere... the house, wow, I feel like I’m actually there in the old & lonely house sometimes.

This show is winning awards. No doubt about it.
More people should be watching this. I'm surprised by the lack of activity in this thread.

It is brilliant TV.

More people should be watching this. I'm surprised by the lack of activity in this thread.

It is brilliant TV.
I've tried getting a couple females to watch it, one has read the book and said "I won't watch the show", and the other said The Handmaid's Tale was hard enough to watch

I've tried getting a couple females to watch it, one has read the book and said "I won't watch the show", and the other said The Handmaid's Tale was hard enough to watch
I don't find it as gruelling to watch as The Handmaid's Tale. It's not a happy story mind you, but it doesn't have that overall despair and hopelessness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he actually her father? I was under the impression he was a step-dad or something. They seem like they have no connection whatsoever
He's the father of the dead sister and also Amma. Not Camille though.

I'm probably looking too far into it, but after the FBI agent said how hard it would be pulling the teeth after trying himself on the pig head, they showed the Sheriff straightening out the Stop sign with a mallet and a pair of multi-grip pliers, and I thought "those would do the job" :think:

As a sheet metalworker, watching him trying to straighten that sign was the most annoying part of the show.

The editing on this is something else.

For me it sits at that Venn Diagram of Gone Girl, True Detective and Big Little Lies. It's impressive in just how atmospheric and uncompromising it gets. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for or expecting, but it's been addictive to watch so far.

And man, Eliza Scanlen as Amma. Literally her only role before this was a stint on Home and Away. More than holding her own against Adams and Clarkson, and just a fascinating character in her own right. Buying all her stock.

Didn't know she was an Aussie. She has been fantastic !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back