Shaun Atley vs Jason Johannisen

Who would you rather?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Disposal efficiency is a shocking stat. One of the worst in the league. As an example, a 41 metre kick to a 2-on-1 that gets spoiled and crumbed by the two opposition players is counted as an "efficient" disposal.
Exactly. At one stage in the second quarter we started waiting for him to hit a target cleanly, half way through the 3rd he did it.

Exactly. At one stage in the second quarter we started waiting for him to hit a target cleanly, half way through the 3rd he did it.
Oh, you were agreeing with me? That's new.

Dangerfield had the exact same problem in the Prelim against Sydney. Couldn't hit a single target by hand or foot in the first half, but that didn't stop everyone from sucking him off because he was winning the ball.

Dangerfield had the exact same problem in the Prelim against Sydney. Couldn't hit a single target by hand or foot in the first half, but that didn't stop everyone from sucking him off because he was winning the ball.

Come on that's a huge call

Come on that's a huge call

Recovered yet Adam? You've gone awfully quiet since the dogs win.

Face it. You called johannissen terrible on the first page and now he's a norm smith medallist. And not a quasi one like Lenny Hayes. He was BOG in a grand final that dealt his side a flag

Recovered yet Adam? You've gone awfully quiet since the dogs win.

Face it. You called johannissen terrible on the first page and now he's a norm smith medallist. And not a quasi one like Lenny Hayes. He was BOG in a grand final that dealt his side a flag

Recovered from what? The only bad thing about the Dogs winning is you pretty much as your poor trolling is far far worse almost comical.

Except I never suggested he "was winning the ball in the same areas", I just said Dangerfield butchered the ball.
You posted that everyone was raving on about his game even though he butchered it. Danger generally had blokes hanging all off him.

oh.

Stuff knows why auto correct dropped the o.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most fast line breakers struggle with precision kicking, it isn't an easy skill to master running at that speed, Treloars another who has the same problem.

Worst Norm Smith medalist I've seen. He kept the Swans in the game for the first half. I would've had Boyd, Picken & Kennedy ahead of him.

Worst Norm Smith medalist I've seen. He kept the Swans in the game for the first half. I would've had Boyd, Picken & Kennedy ahead of him.
No he didn't. Even if he was turning it over, he was still making up huge ground, and the ball would usually get turned over again in a more dangerous spot.

Also, he's still about 500 times better than Atley could ever dream of being. There isn't a single club in the AFL that would take Atley over Johannisen, not even your club.

Yeah, I had a few ahead as well, Kennedy was clearly BOG.

I backed JJ for the NS, screwed my ticket up and went to the pub, I was in shock whilst at the pub heard the announcement, a pleasant shock though, I did have to go home to retrieve the screwed up ticket though.

No he didn't. Even if he was turning it over, he was still making up huge ground, and the ball would usually get turned over again in a more dangerous spot.

Also, he's still about 500 times better than Atley could ever dream of being. There isn't a single club in the AFL that would take Atley over Johannisen, not even your club.

He's definitely a better player then Atley. Can't argue otherwise.

IMO when he won the Norm Smith, those who voted for him just looked st the stats and gave it to the player with the most possessions on the winning side. He had a good last quarter which probably helped his cause but Picken or Boyd did more to help the dogs win.

Pretty sure the Swans scored a few goals as a direct result of him kicking the ball straight to them.

Spose it's irrelevant to this poll though, unless people want to use the fact he's won a Normy to highlight why they think he's a better player. He is a better player but not because of what he did on GF day, he's a better player because of the body of work he put together this season. Johannison just kept better while Atley has stagnated.

Atley is a good example of draft number just being where a junior is rated, not necessarily an indication of their quality.

Sure there's plenty of higher pics stuffed up but atley isn't a bad player. Just hasn't come on as you hoped, hence it looks like north burned a first rounder on a limited flanker rather than a game changer.

Bulldogs looked like they'd done the same with Clay Smith, who was taken around the same mark in his draft. Until the finals. Granted the three ACL injuries didn't help

Back