Recommitted Shaun Atley [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, it's about your judgement
And I gave my judgement. You're the one who brought up a different footballer. Seriously Atley is a 20 - 30 type player on a list. He is OK but I doubt clubs would be jumping out of their skins for him, especially in a super draft year.

And I gave my judgement. You're the one who brought up a different footballer. Seriously Atley is a 20 - 30 type player on a list.

He's 10-15 on some and 15-25 on others.

He is OK but I doubt clubs would be jumping out of their skins for him, especially in a super draft year.

I agree.

The notion of Shaun getting traded almost exclusively belongs in the realm of a handful of North trade-fest types.

He's a solid player, resilient, only 25, and would not get decent value as a trade. We're just better off keeping him.

He's 10-15 on some and 15-25 on others.

I agree.

The notion of Shaun getting traded almost exclusively belongs in the realm of a handful of North trade-fest types.

He's a solid player, resilient, only 25, and would not get decent value as a trade. We're just better off keeping him.
Well he wouldn't be 10-15 at Carlton and we are a bottom club so I don't know which clubs you're talking about. He would be competing for two spots with a group of similar players

If we value C+ production on a forward flank above 13 mediocre disposals and an article in the Herald Sun calling them a future star, Atley would probably be in Carlton's top 10 players.

Carlton fans don't actually watch footy mate. If they did they'd have changed to a different team by now. They just collect Rising Star nominations.

Please tell me 15 players at Carlton that would be better than Shaun Atley in 2018.
Marc Murphy
Patrick Cripps
Kade Simpson
Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Matthew Kennedy
Sam Petrevski Seton
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher
Matthew Kruezer
Liam Jones
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Wright
Paddy Dow
Levi Casboult
Jack Silvagni

All of these players would be picked before Atley would be considered and there are several others I'd comfortable rate above him. He would not be considered a long term option so he would struggle to get a consistent game

Please tell me 15 players at Carlton that would be better than Shaun Atley in 2018.
When you say 2018 thats trying to have a bit each way, What you really need to ask is which player will be better than Atley in 2019 as thats when he would be avaiable.

Carlton will easily have 15 players better than Atley who is borderline AFL player and has no upside imo, Dont believe any club would be interested in him as a Free Agent - He really is not that good (can run but not that much more)

Marc Murphy
Patrick Cripps
Kade Simpson
Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Matthew Kennedy
Sam Petrevski Seton
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher
Matthew Kruezer
Liam Jones
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Wright
Paddy Dow
Levi Casboult
Jack Silvagni

All of these players would be picked before Atley would be considered and there are several others I'd comfortable rate above him. He would not be considered a long term option so he would struggle to get a consistent game

Kennedy, SPS,Fisher, Wright, Silvagni, Dow are not better players than atley right now. Some of them might be better in the future, but not right now. Dow has never played a game ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say 2018 thats trying to have a bit each way, What you really need to ask is which player will be better than Atley in 2019 as thats when he would be avaiable.

Carlton will easily have 15 players better than Atley who is borderline AFL player and has no upside imo, Dont believe any club would be interested in him as a Free Agent - He really is not that good (can run but not that much more)

How many Richmond players could we have said that about a year ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy
Patrick Cripps
Kade Simpson
Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Matthew Kennedy
Sam Petrevski Seton
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher
Matthew Kruezer
Liam Jones
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Wright
Paddy Dow
Levi Casboult
Jack Silvagni

Wow - this is delusion at the highest level.

But it’s the off season and it’s when the Blues list is fantastic. Come 10.30pm on Thursday reality may have punched you in the face.

Wow - this is delusion at the highest level.

But it’s the off season and it’s when the Blues list is fantastic. Come 10.30pm on Thursday reality may have punched you in the face.
Delusion is claiming that Atley is in the same league as Heppell like some of your other supporters have claimed in another thread. Let's face it, Carlton's list is on the way up. Everyone knows it. North are set to be the shitkickers of the comp for the next 5 years.

Carlton fans don't actually watch footy mate. If they did they'd have changed to a different team by now. They just collect Rising Star nominations.

It is staggering that a North Melbourne supporter is choosing to go down this line of argument.

As dumb as it gets.

Delusion is claiming that Atley is in the same league as Heppell like some of your other supporters have claimed in another thread. Let's face it, Carlton's list is on the way up. Everyone knows it. North are set to be the shitkickers of the comp for the next 5 years.
You listed a player that has never played before. He might be the next Judd or he might be the next Fiora.

And you need a history lesson - it’s the Blues that spend large period of time at the bottom of the ladder not us. This is fact - not an opinion.

Last edited:
If a club takes him as a FA at the end of this year, they are taking a player who will turn 27 in his first year at his new club.

It's unlikely someone would pick him up, but I said the same about Jack Trengove, so not impossible.

It is staggering that a North Melbourne supporter is choosing to go down this line of argument.

As dumb as it gets.

As long as Carlton is intent on playing as many unproven kids as possible, it's not a hard task to be in their top 10 players.

Any half-decent AFL player would probably make it in.

Marc Murphy
Patrick Cripps
Kade Simpson
Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Matthew Kennedy
Sam Petrevski Seton
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher
Matthew Kruezer
Liam Jones
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Wright
Paddy Dow
Levi Casboult
Jack Silvagni

Not really a valid argument, Atley can't be in consideration for positions he simply cant play in such as ruck, full back or full forward so saying names like Kruezer or Jones is irrelevant.

If we have Mullett or OShea playing wing or half back then Atley walks in to our lineup as I consider him a much better player than those two.

Last edited:
As long as Carlton is intent on playing as many unproven kids as possible, it's not a hard task to be in their top 10 players.

Any half-decent AFL player would probably make it in.

Excellent - another North Melbourne troll. Because we didn't have anywhere near enough of those already. :rolleyes:

Atley wouldn't be in Carlton's top 10 players, but I would have thought you'd consider him better than "half-decent".

As dumb as it gets.

Mate my side has played finals four times in the last six years and Ben Brown is more watchable than every Carlton player put together. Carlton supporters have been watching paint dry for twenty years, interrupted by the occasional wild cheating, false messiah and rising star nomination.

Mate my side has played finals four times in the last six years and Ben Brown is more watchable than every Carlton player put together. Carlton supporters have been watching paint dry for twenty years, interrupted by the occasional wild cheating, false messiah and rising star nomination.

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with your initial post nor my response.

You're welcome to troll if you choose to do so, but I don't think it's too much to ask that you limit it to Bay 13 so that those who actually want to talk football don't have to read your garbage.

If a club takes him as a FA at the end of this year, they are taking a player who will turn 27 in his first year at his new club.

It's unlikely someone would pick him up, but I said the same about Jack Trengove, so not impossible.

Since when is 26 turning 27 old ? This whole age thing is getting ridiculous. In a few years supporters won’t want to touch anyone over 25.
Regardless of how good atley is. A player arriving at club at the age of 26 with little to no injuries would be entering the prime of their footballing careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back