Toast Shaun Burgoyne 200 games...and more to come in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we wait until November until we grade our offseason. That’s just me though.

Why bother we all know that Essendon are undefeated in the off season championship

giphy.gif

If his nephew Trent makes it at Port (currently a rookie), or any other of Peter’s kids make it, it will make keeping Shaun in Melbourne post footy a lot harder
Why would that matter? I'd say the biggest factor for him is HIS kids, who will be in school in Melbourne for a while to come.

The man loves his family and Hawthorn. He has a character that is of the highest order. Hope the club find a way to keep him at the club in some sort of a role, when his playing career ends. An excellent role model for young sportsmen and women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect

When Shaun finishes playing, if Amy says “we’re heading home to Adelaide” then regardless of school, they will return to SA
It's more likely they'll sit down together and make a decision based on their kids, Shaun's post-footy career and her own inspirations like any normal couple would. She doesn't seem the type to just declare they're moving back and put her foot down.

Incorrect

When Shaun finishes playing, if Amy says “we’re heading home to Adelaide” then regardless of school, they will return to SA
When Shaun finishes playing - in like 2050 - they could live on Mars & Shaun can just teleport to HFC for training or catch an Alien-Uber or whatever.

When Shaun finishes playing - in like 2050 - they could live on Mars & Shaun can just teleport to HFC for training or catch an Alien-Uber or whatever.
But my history book says the coronavirus wipes out the human population by 2036. Which of course begs the question - who the hell wrote that history book?

The answer: flat earthers.

But my history book says the coronavirus wipes out the human population by 2036. Which of course begs the question - who the hell wrote that history book?

The answer: flat earthers.
The #sobrave 34 will be the only survivors.

Many apologies. My info re Shaun’s 400th was old... turns out to be from the preseason.
Once Medi Sub introduced things changed.
There are still 2 trains of thought... keep using him as the medi sub every 3/4 weeks & clocking up the matches & wherever it falls... it falls.
Possibly in Darwin.
If he is called upon as medi sub early in a match & doesn’t get required break they’ll aim for the G v Bombers.

Many apologies. My info re Shaun’s 400th was old... turns out to be from the preseason.
Once Medi Sub introduced things changed.
There are still 2 trains of thought... keep using him as the medi sub every 3/4 weeks & clocking up the matches & wherever it falls... it falls.
Possibly in Darwin.
If he is called upon as medi sub early in a match & doesn’t get required break they’ll aim for the G v Bombers.
We play Port in rd 16, that'd have some symmetry and some feeling to it...

Getting Burger to 400 in this team might take a bit of the shine off his fantastic career. Ending his playing days, getting to 400 in a losing side, he offers leadership (needed) however he would be taking the spot of a player. I'm not so sure the he would want it this way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back